ADVERTISEMENT

Ethan Steinbronn Breaks State Records

Aug 8, 2013
Ethan Steinbronn is first prep player in Iowa to score 1,500 points grab 1,000 rebounds and block 450 shots. What a career. IAHSAA hall of fame?

Originally posted by Hawkfreak2k15:
I'm pretty sure Cougell (sp?) from heelan already accomplished that
Cougill posted totals of 1,602 points, 1,033 rebounds and 252 blocks in high school career.

Cougill only had 252 career block shots. The only two over 450 career blocked shots is Matt Lowe, Seymour and Tyler Wedemeir, West Central Maynard. Tyler was close. He had 985 career rebounds, 1507 career points and 469 career blocks. West Central Maynard has had two great players in recent history.

Personally, I don't trust any of the stats other than points for high school players, regardless Steinbronn is a heck of a player and that team has the tools to make a deep playoff run.

Lets say they credited him 25 more blocks than he really has and 50 more rebounds than he really has... By the end of this season he will still have broken those records. Regardless how legit the numbers are I don't think they can be skewed bad enough that he will not have legitimately made those numbers by the end of the season.

In my opinion, while the numbers are likely not correct (but still relatively close), the ranking all time is. There's no reason to believe one players are skewed more than any other. I believe in equal skewing and that Steinbronn is the first to put up these numbers. There's not going to be a good system to accurately keep stats anytime soon. I've just seen numbers first hand that are extremely skewed by 2-3 per game. It can add up over 20 games a year over four years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT