ADVERTISEMENT

Estherville Lincoln Central Football

Will Estherville make Playoffs

• Total voters
Clearly you have some association to ELC considering all of your posts are about them. I voted no, I'm not saying that I don't think they can make the playoffs but I look at their schedule and don't think it is one that gets them in. If they slip up at all in district I don't think that they have a strong enough non district to get an at large. I would say the other thing sort of comes down to pedigree, ELC has been a struggling program for a long time, and yes groups go through every school that can be good for a season, but some schools know how to win the tough games and some don't until ELC proves that they can win the tough ones I don't see them making it.

I love your enthusiasm for ELC. I agree they do have potential and had a quality win against spirit lake. However they need to win those close games (close losses to HMS and Unity Christian) and beat the other “middle-of-the-pack” teams (losses to Southeast V. And Garner Hayfield V.) to take the next step - ie the Playoffs. My vote for 2020 is no. ELC does not make playoffs, but I do think they’re close.

I agree I like your enthusiasm, and I do think the potential is there, and I wouldn't mind seeing them in the playoffs, it is always nice to see new and different teams have success and make the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT