ADVERTISEMENT

EIHC 2008

seth_gorney

All Conference
Feb 26, 2007
Who comes out on top? I think Mt. Vernon is clearly the favorite, & will probably repeat as champs.

Tonight, 4/9, should be a good early season match between Mt. Vernon and Solon at Mt. Vernon. I am predicting an even played game with Mt. Vernon on top by 1 to 2 goals. Solon has a solid goalie and they still have Lyle Gardner roaming the field. Mt. Vernon is solid up front and at mid.

Last night game, Mt. Vernon won vs. Solon by the score of 2-1 after MV scored at end of the first overtime. Lyle had a good game and scored even after getting slightly injured during the game. At one point, Lyle was playing both defense, mid, and forward (e.g. roaming the field).

Please post any other EIHC scores from this week.

West Liberty beat CCA 3-1 on Wednesday at West Liberty. I read in the newspaper that Mt. Vernon's game winning goal was scored after time had run out...was anyone at the game?

Yes. I was present.

The goal was scored with 1 or 2 seconds left on the clock. Solon coaches wanted the goal waived off but after the ref consulted with the time keeper, the ref counted it. It would have been difficult for the coaches to watch the clock and the play on the field at the same time since the clock was at the opposite end of where the goal was scored. The time keeper and AD (who both were in the press box) had a clear view of the action and clock.

I am suprised that West Liberty only beat CCA by 2 goals. More details on this? Who is coaching West Liberty this year (former coach?)?

Originally posted by EIHC_Fan:
Yes. I was present.

The goal was scored with 1 or 2 seconds left on the clock. Solon coaches wanted the goal waived off but after the ref consulted with the time keeper, the ref counted it. It would have been difficult for the coaches to watch the clock and the play on the field at the same time since the clock was at the opposite end of where the goal was scored. The time keeper and AD (who both were in the press box) had a clear view of the action and clock.

I am suprised that West Liberty only beat CCA by 2 goals. More details on this? Who is coaching West Liberty this year (former coach?)?
Thanks for the info. As for the West Liberty game, I wasn't there, but the newspaper said Ruiz had 2 goals & an assist for the Comets. West Liberty's new coach is named Mike Gunn.

Thanks.

I found a decent update on some of the EIHC teams which includes West Liberty. It came out last Friday, April 4th.

http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080404/SPORTS010106/804040334/1025/RSS03

Solon beat West Liberty 4-1 tonight in Solon. Lyle Gardner had 3 of Solon's goals & freshman Marshall Koehn had the other one.

I just read in the newspaper that Regina beat CCA 8-0 last night as well.

Did Mt. Vernon play last night?
This post was edited on 4/15 10:00 AM by seth_gorney

Yesterday, Mt. Vernon game against Mid Praire was postponed due to Mid Praire's fields being in rough shape. Mt. Vernon and Regina game is tomorrow night at Regina. This should be a good game.

Scores from yesterday:

West Liberty 5, Mid Prairie 0
Solon 2, CCA 1 (OT)
Regina 6, Mt. Vernon 0

Anyone at the Regina game? Did Regina just play very well, or was MV not ready to play? Either way, great win for the Regals as they move to 2-0. I was also surprised to see that CCA took Solon into OT.

Regina played well and Mt. Vernon learned a valuable lesson. The lesson learned was the importance of defense.

We tend to always give special attention to how many goals x person scored, the number of assists, and occasionally what a great keeper x person is. Just as important is your defensive backs. Regina (e.g. #18) played smart and tough defense and did not allow Mt. Vernon to out run them. It takes a special individual to play defense and sometimes this could be your best player on the field. If Mt. Vernon does not fix their defense woes, then they will be in for a long season.

Great win for Regina. Too bad that Regina is in the same substate as Xaiver (as well as Mt. Vernon and Solon).

Regina played well and Mt. Vernon learned a valuable lesson. The lesson learned was the importance of defense.

We tend to always give special attention to how many goals x person scored, the number of assists, and occasionally what a great keeper x person is. Just as important is your defensive backs. Regina (e.g. #18) played smart and tough defense and did not allow Mt. Vernon to out run them. It takes a special individual to play defense and sometimes this could be your best player on the field. If Mt. Vernon does not fix their defense woes, then they will be in for a long season.

Great win for Regina. Too bad that Regina is in the same substate as Xaiver (as well as Mt. Vernon and Solon).
I'm assuming that #18 for Regina is Marcus Kloos. He's a very good sweeper, & an overall solid athlete for his school (excels in football & baseball as well).

mount vernon needs some help at the keeper position. The keeper should be one of if not the most talkative players on the field. Im not sure if I heard him once during the game. They need to get someone working with the keepers, especially after watching the JV game and the Regina goalie score on a punt.

A couple scores from last night...

Solon 5, Mid Prairie 0...Lyle Gardner scored 2 more goals & added an assist for the Spartans.
Regina 1, West Liberty 0 (2 OT)...Derek Hanrahan scored on a header in the 2nd overtime. Must have been a very competitive game. Would have been a fun one to watch.

Did Mt. Vernon play last night?

Mt. Vernon beat CCA by the score of 11-0. I am suprised by the outcome of the West Liberty and Regina game.

Mt. Vernon plays West Liberty tomorrow night, 4/23, at West Liberty.

Regina 3, Solon 2 (OT)

The Regals won their second straight overtime game of the week by defeating Solon on Wednesday. Hanrahan had the game winning goal once again. He had a goal earlier in the game as well. Great win for Regina.

Any other scores from last night?

Mt. Vernon 2, West Liberty 0. (from Wed's game)

Mt. Vernon changed up their defense a tad since the Regina game and have not been scored on since. Mt. Vernon plays Solon on Monday at Solon. This should be a good game again.

Solon 2, Mount Vernon 1 (Solon tied the game up with 30 seconds to go and then won it in second overtime).

Solon won its 2nd game in 2 days by defeating West Liberty 2-1 on Wednesday in West Liberty.

Mt. Vernon over Mid Praire by the score of 4-0. Regina plays at Mt. Vernon this coming Monday.

Scores from last night:

West Liberty 1, Mid Prairie 0 (OT)
Solon 5, Williamsburg 2
Regina 3, Mt. Vernon 0

Regina in great shape to win the conference now.

Hahaha Regina is straight up kickin ass.
Sure wish i could wear their uniform on last time so i could have been their when MTV recieved a six then three goal ass whoopin.

Regina has the conference title in their grasp... Bring it back boys.

Yes. Regina is having a good year and playing well as a team. I am not sure that they will advance out of their substate since Xaiver is the leading contender there. MV lossed two club players this year, Drew Russell (JR) and Spencer Bertling (SO), which has impacted the team.

Good luck to Regina going forward and congrats on conference title.

I heard that Solon lost to Willamsburg this week (Monday)and Lyle G. is not playing with them anymore. Please tell me that this is not true.

I heard that Solon lost to Willamsburg this week (Monday)and Lyle G. is not playing with them anymore. Please tell me that this is not true.
Both of the things you said are true. I'm not sure why Gardner left the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT