ADVERTISEMENT

dowling

DSMan

Varsity
Nov 12, 2006
I heard that about 4 dowling players were suspended against Valley, possibly why they lost 3-0. Do you guys know what happened, or why they got suspended?
I go to Dowling and even I didn't know much about this.

I believe 3-4 players got caught drinking during the off-season. Matt Carlson also missed the Valley game due to a red card from the previous match.

Carlson is the real deal. His absence in the game may be the factor to them losing it. He is the key to the maroons hopes at another state title.

saw dowling and valley play in muscatine last weekend and there is no comparison...Valley would beat Dowling 8 out of 10 times. With most of those scores being at least 2-0. Dowling does not have the collection of footballers Valley does.

Don't forget that Dowling is not at full strength. They have at least 4 players sitting out while serving suspensions. I'm by no means a fan of Dowling, but the Dowling team you saw play is not a good representation of what you will see once those players return.

Joe Lyons ('09), Manuel Gutierrez ('09), Austin Quicks ('10), and Blake Bonanno ('10) are all our for policy violations. They will be back at full strength after the first 1/3 of the season.

That's good to know because Valley was clearly the more talented side in Muscatine. As usual, the rest of the state will have two really good teams to contend with from WDM.

Originally posted by qcgymrat:
As usual, the rest of the state will have two really good teams to contend with from WDM.

If an asteroid fell on WDM, wouldn't everyone else just have a field day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT