ADVERTISEMENT

District 4 Matchups for Week 3

loco60

Freshman
Sep 15, 2010
Epworth, Western Dubuque @ Maquoketa
Not the two strongest teams in the district, but somebody has to step up. Look for EWD and MAQ to go to EWD unless and until MAQ starts producing. EWD is my predicted victor.

Marion @ Cascade, Western Dubuque (ND)
Gotta believe the Marion keeps getting better, but soon enough to beat CWD? CWD is my choice in this matchup.

Solon @ Xavier, Cedar Rapids
Solon has beaten IC Regina and throttled Mount Vernon for a great start. Xavier struggled against WDMD and Davenport Assumption. Can Solon score from anywhere on the field? Can Xavier defend home turf? The statistics suggest that Xavier can hold the opposition down and they are playing on that wacky surface, crowned grass! Look for the Saints to keep marching in at home. Will Solon be looking ahead to Marion, or Xavier to Central Clinton, Dewitt? Not a chance.

Wahlert, Dubuque @ Central Clinton, Dewitt
Huge game for the Sabers and for the Golden Eagles. The Wahlert kids have played even for a half of a football game and need to stretch it out to a full game. Central Clinton, Dewitt has had stuff working good for its first two games. Will Central Clinton, Dewitt be looking ahead to next week's contest with Xavier? Yep. Wahlert will challenge them, but home field will be the difference.

I do not strongly disagree with anything you wrote. My comments are for what they are worth.....
West Dubuque @ Maquoketa
West Dubuque looks pretty good. Beat their traditional rival Beckman last weekend. From what I have been told Maquoketa just looks bad. WD wins soundly.

Marion @ Cascade[/B]
Cascade is many people's pick in 2A. So, to me the real question is an average 3A better than a good 2A? I tend to agree with you that Cascade wins.

Solon @ Xavier, Cedar Rapids[/B]
This is THE GAME in District 4. The winner is clearly in the driver's seat for the district title. Xavier has lost to a 4A power in Dowling and beat what seems like a poor 3A Assumption (#10 rating not with standing, the on-line review of their games say Assumption has not looked good). Solon has beat a great 1A program in Regina and an average looking 2A in Mount Vernon. So both teams have done what they should do if they are typical 3A powers.
That said, I am the only person in eastern Iowa who is not sold on Solon. Xavier in a solid win.

Wahlert, Dubuque @ Central Clinton, Dewitt[/B]
I agree, this is a huge game for the Sabers and for the Golden Eagles. While Solon @ Xavier is more important, this should be more interesting to watch. The triple option of Dewitt is a blast to watch and Dewitt pounded a not good looking 4A Clinton while getting past Benton. Is Clinton that bad or is 0-2 Benten just better than with think? Wahlert is 0-2 and has lost soundly in both games to average 4A teams. Wahlert has a line, some running backs and has been able to score. What Wahlert has not done is stopped anyone.
I take Wahlert in a mild upset in what will be a high scoring game.

Originally posted by makelovenotwarud:
I do not strongly disagree with anything you wrote. My comments are for what they are worth.....
West Dubuque @ Maquoketa
West Dubuque looks pretty good. Beat their traditional rival Beckman last weekend. From what I have been told Maquoketa just looks bad. WD wins soundly.

Marion @ Cascade[/B]
Cascade is many people's pick in 2A. So, to me the real question is an average 3A better than a good 2A? I tend to agree with you that Cascade wins.

Solon @ Xavier, Cedar Rapids[/B]
This is THE GAME in District 4. The winner is clearly in the driver's seat for the district title. Xavier has lost to a 4A power in Dowling and beat what seems like a poor 3A Assumption (#10 rating not with standing, the on-line review of their games say Assumption has not looked good). Solon has beat a great 1A program in Regina and an average looking 2A in Mount Vernon. So both teams have done what they should do if they are typical 3A powers.
That said, I am the only person in eastern Iowa who is not sold on Solon. Xavier in a solid win.

Wahlert, Dubuque @ Central Clinton, Dewitt[/B]
I agree, this is a huge game for the Sabers and for the Golden Eagles. While Solon @ Xavier is more important, this should be more interesting to watch. The triple option of Dewitt is a blast to watch and Dewitt pounded a not good looking 4A Clinton while getting past Benton. Is Clinton that bad or is 0-2 Benten just better than with think? Wahlert is 0-2 and has lost soundly in both games to average 4A teams. Wahlert has a line, some running backs and has been able to score. What Wahlert has not done is stopped anyone.
I take Wahlert in a mild upset in what will be a high scoring game.
Western Dub over Maq.
Xavier over Solon (and I am in Eastern Iowa as well). I am guessing it is close at half but depth on Xavier keeps them too fresh. If Solon gets into penalties like they did against MV - game will get away quickly.
DeWitt in a tight one over Wahlert.

Epworth, Western Dubuque @ Maquoketa
EWD looks disciplined.

Marion @ Cascade, Western Dubuque (ND)
CWD at home will be a plus. Marion always tough and SPEED. Toss up. Gotta go with Marion.

Solon @ Xavier, Cedar Rapids
Xavier, what a D. Size and discipline. I think they have about 6 big, capable running / full backs to boot.

Wahlert, Dubuque @ Central Clinton, Dewitt
Golden Eagles.

Guess I'll put my two cents worth in...

Western Dubuque big over Maquoketa, which is having a very down year for the guys in red..
Marion over Cascade by 3-7 points.
CR Xavier rolls Solon by a couple of scores. Only a few teams better than Xavier, and they are bunched near the top in 4A.
Dub. Wahlert squeaks by Central DeWitt in what should be an even game.

Sounds like Solon may be missing 1/2 of it's starters to the flu.. if that is the case, Xavier invokes the 35 pt clock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT