ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Garrigan

While I suspect Garrigan is going to win, congrats to the boys in Boone! This has been one of the more enjoyable 1A finals in years. Without a semi-pro team in the tourney, this is what small town basketball should be. Radically different styles. A few hard to guard big men with limited guard support. Crazy levels of town support. It really has been enjoyable.

Garrigan by 10+

While I suspect Garrigan is going to win, congrats to the boys in Boone! This has been one of the more enjoyable 1A finals in years. Without a semi-pro team in the tourney, this is what small town basketball should be. Radically different styles. A few hard to guard big men with limited guard support. Crazy levels of town support. It really has been enjoyable.

Garrigan by 10+
Agreed! Been a great season that had many ups and downs for everyone. I can legitimately say I thought 5-10 different teams could win state this year. Got to feel for Easton Valley and South O’Brien though. Easton Valley got bit by the injury bug at the wrong time and the only team that kinda screwed in the parings was SOB. Everyone who made the tournament this year deserved it. No more grand view Christians again please. State cannot allow that nonsense ever again to tarnish 1A

I’ll take garrigan. Garrigans problem all year has been defending good guards and while wapsies are athletic and can defend not great on the offensive end. Wapsies big man is tough but he’s not athletic enough to keep up with plethora of size garrigan can throw at him. They are good but barely beating lake mills while they shot 11% from three is not great they very much rely on there 3 point shot. I was expecting them to beat montezuma they had multiple guards to throw on sherer and monte has no bench and no size and when you can limit the monte guards you will win by quite a bit.

21 pts and 15 reb from WVs big man was impressive. Hitting a three and also driving to the hoop and finishing is pretty good for not being athletic enough to handle BGs size.

No more grand view Christians again please. State cannot allow that nonsense ever again to tarnish 1A
Sorry to say it, but seems like they will be a preseason top 5 in 1A. Lose their top two scores but next three are two sophs and a 6’10 freshman. And you can almost bet on it that some stud will crawl out of the woodworks to play for them next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT