ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Openings 22-23

Jayhawkin

Freshman
Feb 28, 2007
This is always a popular thread once the regular season ends. It is always interesting to see the happenings and changes that people make throughout the state. With the regular season over, this will continue to be populated as we move through winter.

its going to be a challenge for a new coach to turn the bulldog program into someone to reackon with in the future.....the task is not impossible, looks like the new coach at lemars got that team back to winning ways again.

Word on the street is that Lisbon and CCA are both likely openings. Most of the Lisbon staff are stepping down. It would be good to get some new leadership in there. Top notch athletes and proud program history.

The rumor mill in Lisbon is saying that Haddy would be toward the top of the short list for the Lisbon job if he threw his name in the ring as he was the DC for their state title team in 2011 and coached there for a number of years.

Some players and coaches do drop from 4A positions to nearby small schools. It has happened.

Word on the street is that Lisbon and CCA are both likely openings. Most of the Lisbon staff are stepping down. It would be good to get some new leadership in there. Top notch athletes and proud program history.
That would be big news if true, didn’t Haddy just take the CCA job last year, I didn’t see him leaving. Lisbon is a great program with tradition but have never been the same since coach Allison left a few years ago.

The rumor mill in Lisbon is saying that Haddy would be toward the top of the short list for the Lisbon job if he threw his name in the ring as he was the DC for their state title team in 2011 and coached there for a number of years.
Haddy is a hell of a coach, I think he was offered the Marion job then backed out before he took the CCA job. He was at Lisbon under Kent Allison.

Reactions: Defense Kills
I know that Coach Byrnes has been at LM since at least the 90s he was an assistant for Bob Sanger before that I believe.

You are a hypocritical troll dude. Get the f^ck out with this crap.

The op pointed out a fact, happens across the state.
The op is pretty consistent with their approach so I am not sure hypocritical is accurate.
Troll? Fairly certain that part is true.
For an example of hypocrisy you can find the posters who were pretty vocal about the subject about 6-8-10 years ago who now have adopted the ‘that subject has been beat to death, get out of here with that crap’

Reactions: JMSBFD and Pinehawk
Pot meet kettle.
Oh, please explain. Do you even know where I'm from? To be a hypocritical troll in this scenario I'd have to be from a school who brings in 4A athletes or coaches. We haven't had a transfer from anywhere without a solid FFA program in 35 years.

Mediapolis has kids from Burlington. We have kids from Keota. Big difference genius.

Oh, please explain. Do you even know where I'm from? To be a hypocritical troll in this scenario I'd have to be from a school who brings in 4A athletes or coaches. We haven't had a transfer from anywhere without a solid FFA program in 35 years.

Mediapolis has kids from Burlington. We have kids from Keota. Big difference genius.
Keota kids play at West Liberty? That’s a long drive. I would think they would go to Mid Prairie.

Reactions: EIHCGuy

Which Burlington kids are those? Yes, Burlington kids transfer out of Burlington for good reason which Mepo gets a very small percentage of compared to other schools.

No, I don’t know where you’re from, but you brought up open enrollment in another thread and Mepo without even knowing the facts about that one player.

But really it was supposed to be a joke about that one post, however, I guess it hit a nerve.

Reactions: Pinehawk

How many Keota kids are at West Liberty? As a West Liberty person do you have a rough approximation?
I always enjoyed the Keota fans on the visitor sideline at SK games. Very enthusiastically letting me know how unstoppable the spinner back was. Now they go to West Liberty?
That was back in the day when a private school was almost guaranteed a championship due to being in a metro area, no school district, etc.

Why does every thread on this message board turn into West Branch and Regina fans bickering back and forth? Can't you guys just make a thread called West Branch and Regina Hostility and keep it there?
For the record, I was certainly not the one to steer the car in that direction. I've done very well staying out of that lane.

We have far more important things to worry about. Have a very tough opponent on Friday. Gonna be a fun night of football and saturation.

Best wishes to all.

Did any kids transfer from West Liberty to West Branch last summer?
Everyone knows about the two starters they picked up from 4A Iowa City Liberty. But, nobody really talked about the new starting lineman they got from 2A West Liberty.
That makes 3 new starters brought in for this season.
Over 25% of their starting lineup were at different, bigger schools last fall.
Some people might not like it being discussed. But, it is a 100% fact.

Reactions: JMSBFD
For the record, I was certainly not the one to steer the car in that direction. I've done very well staying out of that lane.

We have far more important things to worry about. Have a very tough opponent on Friday. Gonna be a fun night of football and saturation.

Best wishes to all.

I was looking for the Keota-West Liberty connection. I usually only respond, rarely steer the conversation.

Reactions: BlameIt
Everyone knows about the two starters they picked up from 4A Iowa City Liberty. But, nobody really talked about the new starting lineman they got from 2A West Liberty.
Those Hoover memecoins have been running hot. Our NIL budget is growing. We are currently attempting to get Arch Manning for Friday night. He's asking for 5 Bitcoin and a Herbs Heaper pizza.

Heard West Liberty starting running back (a freshman and West Branch legacy family) transferred to West Branch just before West Liberty's playoff game vs Wahlert.

• Wow
Reactions: Pinehawk and JMSBFD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT