ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Lang and Coach Griner/ EAST MILLS

COACHOLY

Freshman
Oct 27, 2004
Hello wrestling fans. This is Ryan Olson, Head Basketball coach from Lamoni. I am posting to today to ask that anyone that knows Coach Lang or Coach Griner to spread the word and vote for them as wrestling coaches of the year. They were selected as SW Iowa coaches of the year in SW Iowa and are now in for selection for the Coaches of the year in class 1A. East Mills only has had a wrestling program for 6 or 7 years (had to build from ground zero) and are 25-5 so far this season. Coach Griner is my father in law and has been the Head or assistant coach for two different wrestling programs (Belmond Klemme and East Mills) for nearly 30 years of his life. Coach Griner is officially retiring from teaching and coaching and this honor would be a cool way for him to go out on. Despite him being a great coach, he is an amazing husband, father, and Grand father to my wife and to my children. Lets spread the word and get this done for Coach Lang and Coach Griner.

I made a post a LONG while ago about East Mills. I am VERY impressed with how this program has been built from the ground up basically. You talk about two schools in Malvern and Nishna Valley that didn't even offer wrestling before they consolidated. Then their first few years they wrestled, but didn't win many if any duals or place anybody in tournaments. Now they have multiple individuals with 20+ wins, state ranked wrestlers, a VERY impressive dual record, etc....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT