ADVERTISEMENT

coach bladt (harlan) retires

ronsss

All Conference
Nov 8, 2003
i was shocked today, to see an article in the harlan tribune that the great harlan coach curt bladt will retire , and a job search has been in process since jan 9. the job search was posted on the schools website jan 8, and has remained posted for a 2 to 3 week period . during that time period , a diverse pool of applicants emerged, from instate, out of state, and from different classicfications at high school level. the list of applicants include todd bladt, who served as interm coach in 2019, guided the team to a 7-3 record, a share of the district championship, and a 37th play off apperance. coach curt bladt will retire due to health reason, but will continue some role in the program, though its not known what role it will be. during coach bladt 41 years as head coach, he guided the cyclones to a increadible record of 415-64, 35 playoff apperances, 11 state championships, and 8 runner up finishes. i knew this day might be coming soon, but everything comes to an end... i will be very surprised if he son, todd bladt that took over the coaching duties as interm coach last year, will not be hired as the new coach...we should know this at the end of this week, or next week. i went to high school at harlan when coach bladt began his coaching career,personally watched many games during the 41 yrs as coach, and will miss him a lot not being on the sidelines...i wish him well, and congrats to coach bladt for the huge success he had at harlan. curt bladt will be remembered as one of the greatest football coaches ever at the high school level

Last edited:
Reactions: LukeFeddersen
todd blat accepts head coach position, if that was a big surprise. todd blat played on 2 of curt blats championship teams in 1997 and 1998, and was selected first team all state as a senior. todd continued his football career at the university of south dakoka, where he was offensive lineman. todd blat stated there would allways be a place involved for curt bladt on the football team, who is currently recovering from stem cell implant surgery from the fred and pamela buffet cancer center in omaha...todd blat stated his father curt will be involved in the football program if he fathers health allows him too.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT