ADVERTISEMENT

classification for new cycle

Classification is usually a little bit earlier, but it won't be until 2020. I can say for 3A I expect the only changes to be Burlington replacing Iowa City Liberty, and Benton replacing Independence. The only uncertainty I have is on Assumption, it will either be them, Vinton, or Nevada or possibly Indee. These are based upon last years numbers, and you can always have move ins or outs but I am pretty confident in this.

Classification is usually a little bit earlier, but it won't be until 2020. I can say for 3A I expect the only changes to be Burlington replacing Iowa City Liberty, and Benton replacing Independence. The only uncertainty I have is on Assumption, it will either be them, Vinton, or Nevada or possibly Indee. These are based upon last years numbers, and you can always have move ins or outs but I am pretty confident in this.
I think there will be quite a few changes regarding a, 1A, and even 2A

I've heard Solon will be dropping down to 2A...

Also heard Benton Community will be going back up to 3A

The last classification posted the district assignments on Jan 27th on here by Luke. So classifications must come out about the week before or so

schedules released in late feb

The last classification posted the district assignments on Jan 27th on here by Luke. So classifications must come out about the week before or so

schedules released in late feb
that doesnt make sense. wouldnt you have to know your classification prior to requesting non district opponents?

Reactions: cjm3260
that doesnt make sense. wouldnt you have to know your classification prior to requesting non district opponents?

I think you misunderstood what I said or I mistated

Time Table for last redistricting:

Mid January: Classifications posted based on bed count: State waits to see if anyone's bed count is reported inaccurately

January 27th: District assignments were posted (the teams in your district)

First week of February: Teams submit list of non district opponents

Late February: Schedules release

I think you misunderstood what I said or I mistated

Time Table for last redistricting:

Mid January: Classifications posted based on bed count: State waits to see if anyone's bed count is reported inaccurately

January 27th: District assignments were posted (the teams in your district)

First week of February: Teams submit list of non district opponents

Late February: Schedules release
I think what he is referring to is that the State has asked schools to turn in their list of possible non-district opponents in December. Doing that before you even know classifications seems pretty backwards.

Agree on most of this but I believe Waukee Northwest will be included in the 42 4A teams since they will begin play in 2021. If that's the case, I have both Burlington and DSM Hoover dropping to 3A (with Liberty moving to 4A).
As for the bottom of 3A, I have Benton bumping up and Assumption and Solon dropping to 2A.

Independence should be smaller then Solon. I don't think that they will include Northwest until the next cycle. I think I read somewhere that the plan is to play JV football for a year. Not sure on this though.

I've been told Waukee NW will be included in 4A this cycle. 4A will operate as 47 teams in 2020 and 48 in 2021.
I do not have updated numbers for either Indy (358) or Solon (350). Most of the accurate BEDs numbers I have are for schools in 1A and A.

I've been told Waukee NW will be included in 4A this cycle. 4A will operate as 47 teams in 2020 and 48 in 2021.
I do not have updated numbers for either Indy (358) or Solon (350). Most of the accurate BEDs numbers I have are for schools in 1A and A.

Off of last years beds Solon would be 346 and Indee 341

They're going back to 48 teams for 4A?
Oops, my fault...4A will still be 42 teams, not 48.
Personally, I'd like to see 4A go ahead and drop to 36 teams. I know there are many schools on the 4A/3A bubble who are very vocal about having to compete with the much larger metro schools. Dropping 4A to 36 for football would free up another 6 schools and allow 3A, 2A, and 1A to go back to 56 teams (54 is just a stupid number when dividing up districts). Eight districts of 7 teams is much better especially if they are moving to 32 playoff teams

Reactions: 3buzzmable
The numbers I have are based upon the BEDS numbers from the state from last year in the 8th-10th grade classes, which would be the ones used for next years classification numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT