ADVERTISEMENT

Class A 2013

usfhawk

All District
Jul 13, 2006
Looks like the landscape will be a bit different in class A for 2013. Alot of talented seniors graduated and many teams are looking for new younger kids to step up. Schools like Wapsie Valley and Hinton lose some talent, but will be in the mix. BGM seems to be stacked and a favorite pick of many.

Who do you see as the teams to beat? Why?

Sleeper teams or players?

I think that Wapsie returns more talent, some unproven but still plenty of talent, than most realize. I think that Madrid will be improved from last year, I think G-R could be better, as well as Lisbon. LoMa will be solid out west. BGM has a lot of talent returning but have been out coached in the past it will be interest to see what happens this season.

Originally posted by PNation:
I think that Wapsie returns more talent, some unproven but still plenty of talent, than most realize. I think that Madrid will be improved from last year, I think G-R could be better, as well as Lisbon. LoMa will be solid out west. BGM has a lot of talent returning but have been out coached in the past it will be interest to see what happens this season.
Wapsie Valley lost Odneal, Boevers, Bachman, and Woods, but looked to have some solid younger guys. Stone Kane and Miller looked like solid players. What will WV return on the line?

BGM looks to be loaded. Losing Beck and Jack hurts, but I was impressed with Kline and Gritsch, both tough players. What will BGM look like across the line? Will they be more of a power team next fall?

LOMA may struggle a bit with the loss of Hudson and McDolnald. Those two carried a big load for LOMA, but I am not familar with what they have at the JV and freshman levels. LOMA should compete in D8.

wapsie's line will be a bit bigger than it was last year. I dont think however it will be nearly as skilled. Good skill positions return and it will all depend on the off season.

Who replaces Boevers, Bachman, and Odneal? Those guys were impressive last year. Would think Kane would be a big factor in the backfield and maybe Miller?

BGM was at UNI 7 on 7 this weekend. I did not think they looked overly impressive. Was definitely not anywhere close to one of the fastest teams there.

BGM probably isn't going to beat you with their speed Todd but they will beat you with their strength. They're a very strong team with a great workout program, always a well conditioned team.

Miller replaces Boevers-Kane ,Goeller and Kleitsch replace Bachman and Odneal.
Trotter steps up and the line is held down by All Stater Weepie, Maurer and Buzynski.

Might not be another State championship quality Wapsie Valley team but it will be for sure
one of the top 5 best teams in class A..

Sounds like there is still a lot of talent at Wapsie Valley. The season is creeping closer and closer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT