ADVERTISEMENT

Cedar Falls vs Prairie

franky1967

Varsity
Aug 9, 2006
Although this has been a lopsided affair over the years in the series. For the most parts most of the games have been close.

When I look back over the years this maybe the 5th or 6th time where a meeting between these two teams determined the conf/ district champ.

When Prairie has the athletes they have competed well vs CF. I think CF has played and beaten a few more traditional stronger teams

I'm trying to go by the numbers to see who really has the upper hand. Both of their opponents records are identical 30-34.

The Tigers have beaten 3 opponents with winning records while Prairie is 1-2

Last edited:
This is not a case where the CF defense has to make the Prairie one-dimensional. All CF has to do is slow it down, which won't be easy. They don't have to stop it completely. I think Prairie gets plenty of yards by sheer number of plays and that relentless offense. A good defensive line with speed can slow this team down. Waukee completely shut it down and Kennedy was able to handle it, so I suspect CF can as well.

I think CF's offense is the key here. They have been doing well for a number of weeks now. It looks like Prairie has a hard time making plays in the backfield and getting to the QB. Being in the Dome, Loecher should be able to sling it when needed and hopefully Ostrich can keep it out of Prairie's hands.

Plus, it looks as if CF has a huge advantage in special teams. Albaugh averaging 40.3 yds/KO is amazing.

That’s why having a kicker who consistently gets you touchbacks is a nice asset, surprising more teams don’t develop this with their soccer kids. If you look back over the last two years, Bett & CF are way ahead of the game.

That’s why having a kicker who consistently gets you touchbacks is a nice asset, surprising more teams don’t develop this with their soccer kids. If you look back over the last two years, Bett & CF are way ahead of the game.
Actually, that is his kickoff return average...let alone all of his touchbacks on kickoffs...

I think the turning point for Prairie was it's 43-40 win over Dub Senior. They seem to have exploded can offensively.

I think CF will be able to do more against Prairies defense then Senior. I think this game will be close in the 1st half and you won't see Praire with that many offensive opportunities.

CF had Key wins vs Bettendorf,A and Senior. In most all those games CF was stopping itself. However

Last edited:
I think the turning point for Prairie was it's 43-40 win over Dub Senior. They seem to have exploded can offensively.

I think CF will be able to do more against Prairies defense then Senior. I think this game will be close in the 1st half and you won't see Praire with that many offensive opportunities.

CF had Key wins vs Bettendorf,A and Senior. In most all those games CF was stopping itself. However
I think cf by 10+. Maybe CRP figured some things out, but Waukee got them pretty good early in the season. Cedar Falls defense appears on paper to be pretty solid.

Well Prairie brought the Athletes and I watched a great offensive game on utube
Tigers were the better team and had some mental mistakes and breakdowns Prairie took advantage of. CF 56-42

That game was crazy. CRP had the ball for 31 minutes and ran 78? plays (something like that per the radio) to CF’s 17 minutes and 41 plays. 17 play drives, numerous 70 yard runs, 70 yard screen pass TD. Back to back fumbles, double passes, reverse pass...cripes

Reactions: franky1967
So I'm watching the replay of the game and not sure where I see Prairie even winning the game or better not getting breaks as the Prairie Coach indicated and would like another shot at CF.

I think Prairie had a good run offense, even though it did not show last night. CF stopped Prairie in more key situations.

Prairie had more calls go there way then they think. However I am only looking at the replay and have instant replay that showed Prairie got calls go there way then they should of.

However the refs don't have instant replay at their disposal. So with all that being said, CF overcame those calls.

Reactions: CF_93
So I'm watching the replay of the game and not sure where I see Prairie even winning the game or better not getting breaks as the Prairie Coach indicated and would like another shot at CF.

I think Prairie had a good run offense, even though it did not show last night. CF stopped Prairie in more key situations.

Prairie had more calls go there way then they think. However I am only looking at the replay and have instant replay that showed Prairie got calls go there way then they should of.

However the refs don't have instant replay at their disposal. So with all that being said, CF overcame those calls.

That coach is terrible when it comes to sportsmanship. They whine around a lot and are kind of dirty. Cut blocks behind the line, and on and on. They get Waukee on the road. Worry about them. CF is a complete team in all phases and Prairie is not,

Reactions: franky1967
That coach is terrible when it comes to sportsmanship. They whine around a lot and are kind of dirty. Cut blocks behind the line, and on and on. They get Waukee on the road. Worry about them. CF is a complete team in all phases and Prairie is not,
I agree, however CF gave up a score on the last play of the 2nd QTR. That's the 2nd time that has happened and they need to get that solved.

I'm not sure I agree with Prairie Coach that they can get to the Dome, I just never seen a run dominate team make it that far in a longtime

I agree, however CF gave up a score on the last play of the 2nd QTR. That's the 2nd time that has happened and they need to get that solved.

I'm not sure I agree with Prairie Coach that they can get to the Dome, I just never seen a run dominate team make it that far in a longtime
Centennial was in the semis two years ago.

Yep. There were at least 2 catches the zebras awarded them that were very clearly out of bounds. Both of which extended drives that ended in TD's.

Centennial was in the semis two years ago.
They get beat 44-7, rush for less than 100yds/ passed for 132yds.

However they couldn't get past the Semifinals.

Applington Parkersburg was a run dominant
Team, yet many years they would get knocked out of the playoffs, because when they needed to pass they could not

Yep. There were at least 2 catches the zebras awarded them that were very clearly out of bounds. Both of which extended drives that ended in TD's.
I'm wondering about Prairies last possession when CF kicked off and the guy tackled the Prairie runner who landed on his back and lost the ball and not ruled a fumble.

The one catch ruled in bounds was on a 4th and 8. The Point is Cedar Falls overcame alot of calls that many teams could not overcome

I'm wondering about Prairies last possession when CF kicked off and the guy tackled the Prairie runner who landed on his back and lost the ball

That one certainly looked borderline. Very difficult to tell, even after the replay. The other issue I saw was the very late flag late in the 4th for the big hit on the Prairie receiver, that was a completely clean hit with the shoulder. I'm fairly certainly there's no "defenseless receiver" rule in HS like the NFL.

Reactions: jjirak23
They get beat 44-7, rush for less than 100yds/ passed for 132yds.

However they couldn't get past the Semifinals.

Applington Parkersburg was a run dominant
Team, yet many years they would get knocked out of the playoffs, because when they needed to pass they could not
The semis are played in the Dome. You wrote that it's been a long time since a run dominant team made it to the Dome.

Centennial only attempted 104 passes that season in 12 games. Prairie has thrown 111 times in 9 games so far. Centennial lost because they were a running team that couldn't run the ball that night.

The semis are played in the Dome. You wrote that it's been a long time since a run dominant team made it to the Dome.

Centennial only attempted 104 passes that season in 12 games. Prairie has thrown 111 times in 9 games so far. Centennial lost because they were a running team that couldn't run the ball that night.
You may have points, but in my view if you can't do both well you it will be hard to go far in the playoffs.

Without a recap of the game, maybe Dowling had a good run defense as well. Maybe Centennial did not pass well enough because they relied on the run.

Last edited:
That one certainly looked borderline. Very difficult to tell, even after the replay. The other issue I saw was the very late flag late in the 4th for the big hit on the Prairie receiver, that was a completely clean hit with the shoulder. I'm fairly certainly there's no "defenseless receiver" rule in HS like the NFL.
I'm not sure a flag was thrown, if it was it took them minutes to throw it. I'm assuming because the Prairie coaches had enough time to convince them.

No matter, I think the Cedar Falls kid should have at least seen if he was ok instead of puffing his chest

He didn’t puff his chest. He hit the kid and walked away. No celebrating the hit or anything. It was all shoulder to shoulder.

He didn’t puff his chest. He hit the kid and walked away. No celebrating the hit or anything. It was all shoulder to shoulder.
We didn't watch the same hit, he knew he hurt the guy and kept on walking. He may not have been huffing his chest, but the attitude of the hit walked with him

We didn't watch the same hit, he knew he hurt the guy and kept on walking. He may not have been huffing his chest, but the attitude of the hit walked with him
I've seen lesser hits, where CF players will see if the guy is ok. Now brings up was it a legal hit. It didn't look intentional as he had to protect himself or he would have taken a hit. Why they flagged him I don't know.

I have seen alot of Tiger Football and can tell you That many Tiger players no matter what the play is, help the opposing player up.

Many times Prairie players extended their hands to help CF players up, only to have them decline their help.

I've seen lesser hits, where CF players will see if the guy is ok. Now brings up was it a legal hit. It didn't look intentional as he had to protect himself or he would have taken a hit. Why they flagged him I don't know.

I have seen alot of Tiger Football and can tell you That many Tiger players no matter what the play is, help the opposing player up.

Many times Prairie players extended their hands to help CF players up, only to have them decline their help.

It was most definitely a legal hit. It also took a very long time, with Prairie coaches lobbying for a call, to get the flag. I saw plenty of instances of guys from each team helping each other up. My guess is that he didn't want to do anything either way to bring attention to the hit. Help him up, you are guilty...don't help him up, you are guilty. A lot of really bad calls all season, and very, very few of them have gone CF's way.

Reactions: CF_93
It was most definitely a legal hit. It also took a very long time, with Prairie coaches lobbying for a call, to get the flag. I saw plenty of instances of guys from each team helping each other up. My guess is that he didn't want to do anything either way to bring attention to the hit. Help him up, you are guilty...don't help him up, you are guilty. A lot of really bad calls all season, and very, very few of them have gone CF's way.
I agree watching it again right now. To many delayed calls. A fumble at the goal line that was a Prairie touchdown.

I am amazed the Tigers had the chance to go up by 3 scores only to have something happen and watch Prairie score.

It's still a fun game to watch, impressed by the offenses

I bet the defensive coaches were pulling their hair out....:mad:
You are probably right. I still love the aggressive play by the Tiger offense. It was so predictable most years.

I'm hoping Prairie played the game of their life against the Tigers. At any rate it looks like we are getting the depth back at the Defensive Front and at LBs. We have the Depth in the Secondary.

I didn't catch #40 name for CF but on their last kickoff to Prairie this guy took down their returner hard by the waist.

I stood by this guy early in the season, I have never seen a kid built like him. They list him at 6-3 205lbs. I think he could play almost every position

I bet the defensive coaches were pulling their hair out....:mad:
Actually Remmerts Dad probably was if he had any left. I'm not sure I totally agree with their theory of "Bend but Don't Break Defense" as in high games it gives up big yards.

However as long as the offense can score and they get a few stops, I guess you can't complain

You are probably right. I still love the aggressive play by the Tiger offense. It was so predictable most years.

I'm hoping Prairie played the game of their life against the Tigers. At any rate it looks like we are getting the depth back at the Defensive Front and at LBs. We have the Depth in the Secondary.

I didn't catch #40 name for CF but on their last kickoff to Prairie this guy took down their returner hard by the waist.

I stood by this guy early in the season, I have never seen a kid built like him. They list him at 6-3 205lbs. I think he could play almost every position

Capri Wilson. Has had some huge hits on special teams. He was put on kick coverage this past week. It looks like some of their key players on defense and offense were not on kick coverage.

Capri Wilson. Has had some huge hits on special teams. He was put on kick coverage this past week. It looks like some of their key players on defense and offense were not on kick coverage.
He had a ton of speed he caught the Prairie returner from the back at the 10yd line and through him down, really impressive

I don't know if CRP played the game of their life, but I do think prepping for that offense is complicated. They don't usually give up those big runs. I think the D-Line has everyone healthy and ready to go, based on who I saw get time on Friday. That's good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT