ADVERTISEMENT

Cedar Falls 24 Dub Senior 16

franky1967

Varsity
Aug 9, 2006
I don't think Cedar Falls is the 4th ranked team in the State. CF will be in trouble if they do not get the QB position straightened out.

He could not pass and he could not run. CF QB just didn't look like he should play that position

Wasn’t necessarily my assessment. I watched the game, and thought Jacobson’s arm strength looked good. His receivers really hurt him with a lot of drops of very catchable balls. It was his first game as a starter on the varsity, so I’m sure the game plan was to just keep things conservative for him, don’t take chances in his very first game and kill his confidence. I’m sure he’ll learn a lot from game film and grow in the coming weeks. He’ll be fine, and likely better than that. Chalk up a lot of the mistakes to week 1-itis, and the unusual practice routine all of the players have been thrust into due to COVID-19.

I still have a problem with CF defense of bend and don't break. CF needs to tighten the defense and quit giving you 5yd pass plays that turn into 15yds.

At any rate they essentially don't have a QB and I doubt he gets much better than he showed

CF has 7 new starters on defense, so it shouldn’t be surprising that there’s a growing pain or two early in the season. Eli Mickey was everywhere for CF though! And they did force 3 INT’s against a team that was returning a lot of players in Senior.

Hunter Jacobson threw 6 incomplete passes, with easily 3 of them drops. One was a beautifully thrown ball to Daniel Hutchins (where only he could get it too) that he just dropped. And another one was dropped by Aiden Sorenson. He also had another long pass catch and run to Ryan Ostrich called back due to penalty.

Again, a lot to clean up. I don’t think anyone statewide really distinguished themselves tonight. Even Dowling had a rather uninspiring 25-14 win over Indianola, and Bettendorf lost to 3A Washington.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT