ADVERTISEMENT

Can we just build a wall around Illinois? What a liberal

What's sad is many of these big cities used to be great places - if you liked the city. Now they are sliding down the hill into the shithole.

I g
I’ve spent some time in Columbus the last couple months. I didn’t like it when I was younger, but it’s not a terrible spot.
I grew up in Columbus, thus my dislike of the school across the river. Downtown use to be trash, but they seem to have really cleaned up the area the last time I was down there.

Reactions: Pops Masterson
I g

I grew up in Columbus, thus my dislike of the school across the river. Downtown use to be trash, but they seem to have really cleaned up the area the last time I was down there.
Played ball with a bunch of Columbus guys. Good people. And St. Francis is a nice hospital.

Any food recs?

I g

Lived there in the early 2000's for 2 years. Victory Dr was as good of a place to get murdered as West Montgomery but that was 20 years ago. Phenix City is still pretty bad I think.

I was carjacked while living in Columbus btw.

Reactions: ZosoDawg
Played ball with a bunch of Columbus guys. Good people. And St. Francis is a nice hospital.

Any food recs?
I was actually born in St Francis. No food Recs. Haven’t lived their in 40+ years. Don’t think I’ve even been back since my brother in law left Fr Benning 10’years ago.
Only places I really remember was a bbq joint over on Macon Rd and a pharmacy that had a lunch counter with some pretty awesome hot dogs with chili.

Reactions: Pops Masterson
I was actually born in St Francis. No food Recs. Haven’t lived their in 40+ years. Don’t think I’ve even been back since my brother in law left Fr Benning 10’years ago.
Only places I really remember was a bbq joint over on Macon Rd and a pharmacy that had a lunch counter with some pretty awesome hot dogs with chili.
Dinglewood is the hot dog place. It’s gone up and down over the year and the owner died about a decade ago. My dad said it was better last time he went.

Dinglewood is the hot dog place. It’s gone up and down over the year and the owner died about a decade ago. My dad said it was better last time he went.
Yep, Dinglewood was it. Sarge ran the lunch counter forever up until he died. I want to say his daughter took it over after that but I haven’t been back there since

Yep, Dinglewood was it. Sarge ran the lunch counter forever up until he died. I want to say his daughter took it over after that but I haven’t been back there since
Lieutenant had a daughter? I was like 99% sure he didn’t swing that way, but maybe he didn’t realize that til later in life and had a kid first… he had another location (called Lieutenant’s) over in Hollywood Connection, but that place was so run down and the restaurant/service sucked. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s closed now, but Dinglewood would never close.

Lieutenant had a daughter? I was like 99% sure he didn’t swing that way, but maybe he didn’t realize that til later in life and had a kid first… he had another location (called Lieutenant’s) over in Hollywood Connection, but that place was so run down and the restaurant/service sucked. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s closed now, but Dinglewood would never close.

you are right. It was Lieutenant. Don’t know why I was thinking Sarge. I’m pretty sure he had a daughter. Could have been a sister. But I’m pretty sure it was a female relative that took over. And yes, I’m also certain he was an alphabet person at least later in his life.

Reactions: alphatiger08
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT