ADVERTISEMENT

Boys Soccer Moving To 4 Classes

Step in the right direction. I wish they could figure something better about sharing but I don't have any answers so I can't expect them to have any.

Totally agree. The additional class will help but still lots of things to figure out. Also good to see they are waiting until later in the season to issue district brackets and seeding at the same time. Last year was a travesty for 1A I know.

The trend towards conference play will be interesting as well. Sucks that the RVC is forcing conference play. Beckman, Regina, and West Liberty could typically mercy rule most teams in the conference (although I think a couple of these teams drop off a little this year based on who graduated/left--unless the transfer portal benefited them). That doesn't help your team get better. Let them play who they want.

All this means the sport continues to grow in Iowa, which I love.

Totally agree. The additional class will help but still lots of things to figure out. Also good to see they are waiting until later in the season to issue district brackets and seeding at the same time. Last year was a travesty for 1A I know.

The trend towards conference play will be interesting as well. Sucks that the RVC is forcing conference play. Beckman, Regina, and West Liberty could typically mercy rule most teams in the conference (although I think a couple of these teams drop off a little this year based on who graduated/left--unless the transfer portal benefited them). That doesn't help your team get better. Let them play who they want.

All this means the sport continues to grow in Iowa, which I love.
If you're going to require teams in a conference play the full conference schedule, then can you ensure all teams will bring a JV squad? That's probably a bigger problem than the year-over year quality.

Looks like this forum is officially dead, Ray. This sucks. Always liked hearing folks thoughts here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT