ADVERTISEMENT

Boy, 2020, I don't know ...

KidSilverhair

Varsity
Aug 31, 2008
www.thirdandamile.blogspot.com
So here's a weird oddity, brought to you by the COVID pandemic year that will not end ... Davenport Assumption is actually going to play 4A Cedar Rapids Washington this week. The Knights had North Scott on their schedule, but due to positive tests/quarantines at North Scott, the Lancers had to cancel that game.

Another oddity - the game will be at Kingston Stadium in Cedar Rapids on Saturday afternoon, instead of Friday night. Washington was originally supposed to play City High on Thursday, but with the Iowa City schools totally online until next week, they can't have outside activities.

Why is it on Saturday? Well, Cedar Rapids Jefferson is scheduled for a game at Kingston on Friday night ... but that's against Iowa City Liberty, so that isn't happening either. I'm sure Jefferson is looking around for an opponent, but hasn't landed on one yet.

This also means that unless Jefferson finds a game, there will be NO high school football in Cedar Rapids this Friday night. Xavier is on the road at Oskaloosa; Kennedy is at Dubuque Hempstead; Washington plays Assumption on Saturday; and Linn-Mar goes to Prairie on Saturday as well (that's the soonest Linn-Mar could return to play after quarantines for some of their team). Heck, there's not even a game in Marion on Friday (Marion High School can't play at their field due to damage from the derecho, so they're using Linn-Mar's field on Saturday afternoons, where they're hosting Dubuque Wahlert this week).

So, no football in Cedar Rapids/Marion on Friday night; but THREE games on Saturday afternoon. Weird.

(I understand Dowling has an open date this Friday, if Jefferson is interested ... considering they already had Southeast Polk come to town for a replacement game, I doubt they're interested in the Maroons ...)

carrol had 6 players couple weeks ago with coronavirus, but they did play and lost..the next week when they returned they won big time. Trouble with high school kids is that they don't take it serious whitch is bad. Younger people thinks its just a cold and will go away, not allways..i read on the internet where some young female got it when this started, and she can't get rid of it..she wishes she could get back to normal, feel sad for her

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT