ADVERTISEMENT

Bluegrass Conference??

The only way Grandview could beat Earlham would be for Earlham to be off (see Ogden game 2) and for Grandview to hit a lot of three's. It's possible, I'd still take Earlham 9/10.

Originally posted by MustangNation2014:
What would you do if the Mustangs pulled of the upset in earlham? Nothing impossible. All it takes is one bad game
I'd be shocked. I think they have a battle with Diagonal, so with getting to Earlham being up in the air, the chances of beating them are even less. Anything can happen.

I watched Grandview play some very good games this year and I personally think that they would have a pretty good shot at Earlham. They have speed, size, skill, and most importantly shooting. Grandview can shoot lights out on any given night and it seems like they cant miss! It would be good game, but first we have some good games coming up tomorrow night in ole mount ayr!

Anyone have any score predictions for both games in mount ayr tonight? I'll take Earlham by 20+ And Murray 65-55. Would like to hear peoples thoughts.

HA! Good one against Earlham?? Goodluck with that. I dont know about you Mustang but did you watch the game before yours? Obviously not! Ill be surprised if Murray can stay within 20+ of Earlham... lol especially if Earlham is hitting.. Murray will stand NO, NO chance. I know this is a little harsh but, murray's heads are about as big as ever right now.

Everyone said Murray would loose to Diaganol too. Look what happend? Here your gonna bash a school that's made 6 district final appearances straight? Clever.. Only thing Earlham has is size over Murray nothing else.. Definately feels great to here the haters though! I'm just cheering on my team is all. Don't like what I have to say I don't care. I've heard the haters plenty of times. Especially during football season when we were told we wouldn't make it to the dome. I'll enjoy this victory tonight though! :)

Murray played well tonight and it'd take a similar performance to make it a game with Earlham, but Earlham looked very good tonight. Far and away better than Grandview looked earlier in the year, but this was before Stubbs started playing. Earlham is a good draw at state from making the finals (could also exit first round by reverse logic).

Cardinal I was able to watch your boys tonight there really good. Just hope it's a great game at Truro on Thursday. Definately gonna be a huge test for the Mustangs.

Cardinal I was able to watch your boys tonight there really good. Just hope it's a great game at Truro on Thursday. Definately gonna be a huge test for the Mustangs.
I hope Murray makes it a great game as well. I was impressed with #22 the most, felt he was the real difference maker. #24 has a soft shot that was falling tonight. McHenry is good, but not Austin Halls good as I was expecting.

#22 is Boles kids been fighting sickness the whole season. Need him healthy. Glad he's only a sophomore kids gonna be really good when he's a senior. And ha it would be nice to have Scroggie and Halls back. They were always fun to watch!

District Championships add up to 6 but how many have they won? 0. Nobody ever remembers who lost the AFC championship. Yeah its a nice accomplishment 6 years to the district final but when they haven't won one then whats the big deal.

I have been giving it some thought and I have to admit, I did come up with a scenario where Murray would not get destroyed by Earlham, if it snows enough up around Earlham that they cannot get to the game then maybe.

Your wrong... Murray's won 2 of them.. They played Aca in substate halls and scroggies senior and lost by 4.. I'd like to hear why you guys think Murray can't compete with Earlham though? Drake fan you must be a Diaganol fan? You can't seem to give credit to where credit is due.. Smh

Your wrong... Murray's won 2 of them.. They played Aca in substate halls and scroggies senior and lost by 4.. I'd like to hear why you guys think Murray can't compete with Earlham though? Drake fan you must be a Diaganol fan? You can't seem to give credit to where credit is due.. Smh
I'd bet more along the lines of Drakefan being a Nodaway Valley fan and has witnessed very good high school basketball in the past several years. I'd also be willing to bet they watched the NV vs. Earlham game and were able to gauge Earlham's worth that way. Historically speaking, the Bluegrass hasn't been a great conference, therefore Murray is not hard to bed against.

As for why Murray can't compete, Earlham is very tall, very long, and very fast. Not to mention their whole team can dribble.

Keys for Murray:

Shoot very well.
Try to keep game in the 50's. (See losses and close games for Earlham excluding Woodward Academy)

Key for Earlham:

Respect your opponent and be ready from the start and it's theirs.

Murray doesnt have the depth or size to compete with Earlham. The Schmidt brothers can do anything from anywhere on the floor! Murray isnt going to be able to play defense on them. Or the big guy down low. I dont know about you Mustang but did you not watch that game last night?? Who from Murray is going to guard that guy?! Especially when he can dribble it up the court and drive it right down your throat. The only person Murray can play on him is Simmons and Thorton from Bedford guarded him the entire game and still got pushed around. There is no way that Murray stands a chance in the post.

My bet... Murray keeps it a close game until half, maybe 10 points and then Earlham lays the hammer in the second half. But im sure not wasting $6 to go watch. If murray wins Im going to have to eat my words but thats about .01% chance.

Wow, your good Cardinal! What color am I thinking of? LOL Earlham has a very good team that is capable of making it to the WELL, and then doing some damage when they get there. Good Luck.

Purple? Perhaps the Well is going to see a little bit of purple. A good game with Paton-Churdan with the winner likely walking over the other district. Of course I'm basing that off of Sidney losing 3 times to Fremont-Mills and Bedford beating FM by 29. Score comparisons don't always work.

Well I ate my words... Tough one for the mustangs tonight played good till after half and it slipped away.. Definately a great season again... Can't wait to see how next year is gotta a lot of young good talent coming up.. Hopefully the boys work hard and they can get back to there 7th straight district final and more hopefully.. Congratulation to Earlham there a great team.. I'll definately be cheering for the Bluegrass to get back to state again this year!!

I called it. It was a 12 point game at half and then second half Earlham ran away with it!

Still a great effort by Murray... They got a lot of young talent coming up next year too. Should definately be another great year for them next year..

Originally posted by Hawk2015:
What does Grand View have to do to stay with Earlham?
They need to shoot like they did in the first half last night, limit turnovers, and crash the boards....if not Earlham will run away with it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT