ADVERTISEMENT

Big Day Tomorrow

Nov 30, 2002
What is everyone's predictions on modifications to the play off structure?
What teams move up (Liberty) and down (Burlington)???
What will the new districts look like?

Really no chance that Western Dubuque goes up a class.
So as we wait for answers.....what does everyone think is behind the delay?
Adding a class 5A?
Adding more/less teams to 4A
Just evaluating the play-off structure which then affects the number of games in regular season?
All the above?

So as we wait for answers.....what does everyone think is behind the delay?
Adding a class 5A?
Adding more/less teams to 4A
Just evaluating the play-off structure which then affects the number of games in regular season?
All the above?
Got to think at this point anything and everything is on the table.

5A Superclass- made up of (16) 4A teams according to BEDS, power rankings, socioeconomics, records from previous 5 years.
4A- next 32 teams
3A- next 54
2A- next 54
1A- next 54
A- (approx 60 teams) anyone left playing 11-man
8-man- anyone under 120 BEDS #

* NOTE: This is my guess, not necessarily what is happening

Reactions: obfuscating
IGo42. That's interesting guess. I am going to cut and paste into the "off season" link that has a longer conversation on this. I am NOT plagiarizing. I am quoting liberally!

I hope they do something to spread out the classes, or some schools (even as high as 3A or 4A) will be forced to drop football in the next few years. Hard to win a game with only 18 or 19 players after all the injuries, and some of them are sophomores and even freshmen.

I hope they do something to spread out the classes, or some schools (even as high as 3A or 4A) will be forced to drop football in the next few years. Hard to win a game with only 18 or 19 players after all the injuries, and some of them are sophomores and even freshmen.

Hmm ... how about a rolling average of roster sizes over the past 3 or 4 seasons, at least as one factor to determine your class? That way a Waterloo East or a Des Moines North that doesn’t get many kids out for football gets grouped with schools that have similar turnout.

(I can also see unethical coaches gaming that system by cutting players from their rosters to try to get moved down a class when they shouldn’t; which is why I thought maybe use this as “one factor” of several)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT