ADVERTISEMENT

Best wrestling HS coaching job in the state?

Hard to argue with SEP. Unbelievable facilities, great resources, large student body, good fan interest.

Having lived in both North Iowa, and now in South Central Iowa, I will say the crowd and community support in many north Iowa towns is incredible. Some duals up there are packed houses. That would be appealing for a coach looking to land somewhere.

Good to hear about SEPolk. My older boys wrestled at Newton but my youngest starts kids club at SEPolk this year.

Originally posted by SPOONER:

Originally posted by HawkeyeDenny:
SEP, Don Bosco, D-T, Dav Ass and North Scott...
Coaching at D-T would be a major headache in my opinion.
Please, do tell why you think it would be a major headache in your opinion? I think I have an idea why you might think that but am curious why you think that. Thanks

Originally posted by denverhawkfan:

Please, do tell why you think it would be a major headache in your opinion? I think I have an idea why you might think that but am curious why you think that. Thanks
The parents run the show. As someone who has coached HS sports it would not appeal to me.

":The parents run the show. As someone who has coached HS sports it would not appeal to me."

I'll be sure to let coach Krueger know he isn't in charge, thanks.

This post was edited on 10/31 5:09 AM by denverhawkfan

This post was edited on 10/31 5:09 AM by denverhawkfan

SPOONER posted on 10/27/2012...

Originally posted by bubsdad:

If the parent (s) is running the show, they are doing a pretty good job at it.

"That would depend on one's point of view"

I like the view with all the championships(team and individual) in it and the strong school and community following and show of support down at the Well. Maybe you're focusing too much on who gets credit for something instead of just doing it and let people like you worry about what the perception is. And no I'm not a parent of a wrestler, or even a wrestler as far as that goes. Just a neutral basketball player.

Originally posted by denverhawkfan:

I like the view with all the championships(team and individual) in it and the strong school and community following and show of support down at the Well. Maybe you're focusing too much on who gets credit for something instead of just doing it and let people like you worry about what the perception is. And no I'm not a parent of a wrestler, or even a wrestler as far as that goes. Just a neutral basketball player.
Actually I'm focusion on the original question. I have some knowledge of the D-T program and it would not appeal to me as a coach. It is a personal preference so I really don't understand how you can tell me that I'm wrong when it is a matter of opinion and not fact.

I have a level of respect for the program but if I was to pick a head coaching position it would not be at Denver.

The original question was what's the best HS coaching job in the state. Someone else mentioned DT as one and you said DT would be a headache. I was merely sticking up for our program. You're entitled to your opinion as well and neither of us will change the others and that's fine and not worth bickering back and forth on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT