ADVERTISEMENT

Best concealed carry for daughters

Sanctions Stand

Varsity
Sep 19, 2002
I taught my two daughters how to shoot. How to be safe with a firearm. No "fire two blasts blasts off the balcony".. just safe, controlled, know what the hell you are shooting at and what is behind what you are shooting at.

What is a good pistol for the ladies? Kimber Micro 9mm? Kimber Advocate .38?, Sig or some other?

Sig P365 imo. It's the most accurate, most compact, light recoil and high capacity sub-compact available. The downside...no safety but you can order it with one. If not, you need to have her carry it in a holster even if it's kept in a bag.

The next best option imo is the Springfield Hellcat. Very similar features but I don't like the recoil as much. The Hellcat doesn't have bad recoil per se, it's just that the 365 is EXCEPTIONAL. No safety available with this one so again, need a holster.

Some people prefer the trigger and the sights on the Hellcat and I understand why. I don't but that's more about me and what I'm used to. The sights probably are better on the Hellcat while the triggers are a wash unless you are more used to one over the other.

Other options, Glock 43x and S&W M&P.

Whichever way you go, I'd recommend the most concealed holster available because she's more likely to actually carry it when she doesn't have her purse or bag with her.

Sig P365 imo. It's the most accurate, most compact, light recoil and high capacity sub-compact available. The downside...no safety but you can order it with one. If not, you need to have her carry it in a holster even if it's kept in a bag.

The next best option imo is the Springfield Hellcat. Very similar features but I don't like the recoil as much. The Hellcat doesn't have bad recoil per se, it's just that the 365 is EXCEPTIONAL. No safety available with this one so again, need a holster.

Some people prefer the trigger and the sights on the Hellcat and I understand why. I don't but that's more about me and what I'm used to. The sights probably are better on the Hellcat while the triggers are a wash unless you are more used to one over the other.

Whichever way you go, I'd recommend the most concealed holster available because she's more likely to actually carry it when she doesn't have her purse or bag with her.
I have a Glock 43 for when I want to carry light. I’d see if you can bump them up to 9mm for some extra punch. Hear good things about Sig and S&W too.

Reactions: BamaFan1137

How can any gun maker not include a safety? That’s just illogical at best, imo.

Reactions: dhetiger

I had a little .380 semi auto once that once the trigger was pulled you had ti throw that sumbich into a bucket of water to stop it from firing . Notice that I said HAD !
My CC is a little small for many but you can easily “conceal” it, no trigger safety and haven’t had any issues with it wanting to….keep firing , Ruger LCP .380. Other than the size issue, .380 can be damn expensive compared with 9 MM.

Reactions: billywayneluck
My CC is a little small for many but you can easily “conceal” it, no trigger safety and haven’t had any issues with it wanting to….keep firing , Ruger LCP .380. Other than the size issue, .380 can be damn expensive compared with 9 MM.
I’m no expert but I think Ive read the Glock19 is a more compact version of a 9MM and good for cc.

Safeties don't make guns safer imo. In fact you could make the argument that they can do the opposite.

Trigger discipline makes a gun safer. Don't put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to kill/destroy something. If you're worried about an accidental discharge, don't chamber a round.

So little off topic, had a DR appointment in Des Moines, hit bass pro afterwards to check out 320x-full, didn't have one. While there one of the worker was busy, 3 of us kept looking at hand guns but no help. When done selling a handgun to a short stubby white girl, a black guy shows up asking about ammo obviously together. I'm a little slow lots of times but putting stuff together, but thinking back it was/should have been one of the most obvious straw purchases. So no more bass pro for me. They should be better than me.

So little off topic, had a DR appointment in Des Moines, hit bass pro afterwards to check out 320x-full, didn't have one. While there one of the worker was busy, 3 of us kept looking at hand guns but no help. When done selling a handgun to a short stubby white girl, a black guy shows up asking about ammo obviously together. I'm a little slow lots of times but putting stuff together, but thinking back it was/should have been one of the most obvious straw purchases. So no more bass pro for me. They should be better than me.

An almost unenforceable law tbh.

It's best served as you stated...the gun dealer refuses the sale because of suspected straw purchase. However, that would open them up for civil litigation...especially a large operation like BPS.

Skunkriver arms $605 for 320x-full, new job so waiting to order, daughter did a training thing this week they talked guns, 19 with night sights was not pushed but mentioned, S&W was discourage I don't know what the group was. I don't see an advantage of a 19 vs 17 for duty use. The Sig comes with mid size grip? so for $65 can get small grip. County will buy she just has to pick. They did bring up night sights so factory would be nice during her LEO training. My new employer is Ford Bacon Davis headquartered in AR a branch of SBEC. Going good 3 weeks in.

The 365 looks interesting it is small.

Skunkriver arms $605 for 320x-full, new job so waiting to order, daughter did a training thing this week they talked guns, 19 with night sights was not pushed but mentioned, S&W was discourage I don't know what the group was. I don't see an advantage of a 19 vs 17 for duty use. The Sig comes with mid size grip? so for $65 can get small grip. County will buy she just has to pick. They did bring up night sights so factory would be nice during her LEO training. My new employer is Ford Bacon Davis headquartered in AR a branch of SBEC. Going good 3 weeks in.

The 365 looks interesting it is small.

For duty she can't go wrong with a 320 x-full or a Glock 17. The best advice I can offer is which fits better in her hand.

Stock sights are MUCH better on the Sig but aftermarket sights for the 17 are pretty cheap. Everything is cheaper for the Glock in fact, especially magazines. For me, you cannot beat that Sig trigger though.

Different grip modules are available for the Sig if she has smaller hands but they aren't super cheap.

Safeties don't make guns safer imo. In fact you could make the argument that they can do the opposite.

Trigger discipline makes a gun safer. Don't put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to kill/destroy something. If you're worried about an accidental discharge, don't chamber a round.

Yep.. that is my 'safety' when quail hunting with my O/U 20ga. I don't drop two in unless the dogs are on point. Limbs, crossing fences, jumping ditches, etc... too many good ways to shoot yourself in the ass. Don't load until you need to.

Mine will be 9 in 3 days. In 7 years, I plan to buy her an armored car and plenty of heavy artillery.
Send her to some jujitsu or Kung fu or some other shit like that. Teach her to whip someone’s ass without a gun. Then give her a gun and teach her to shoot the gnat off a flys ass.

Send her to some jujitsu or Kung fu or some other shit like that. Teach her to whip someone’s ass without a gun. Then give her a gun and teach her to shoot the gnat off a flys ass.
She took taekwondo a couple years ago and got dat ass beat by some kid that belonged to a girls’ home or orphanage or some shit. Did not like.

But we are winners in this family, so I sent her back with brass knucks the next week.

She took taekwondo a couple years ago and got dat ass beat by some kid that belonged to a girls’ home or orphanage or some shit. Did not like.

But we are winners in this family, so I sent her back with brass knucks the next week.
Tell her that's why she needs to learn, there are people in this world that only understand one thing and that's getting their ass beat.

Example: This girl needed to go Chuck Norris on these thugs till they wised up and backed the fvck off.

Still haven't ordered the 320 x-full. On my list to do, but wife's list of tile etc... is taking precedent. Did find out one of my son's college room mates is doing the LEO training as same time as her, he's 3 years younger than her. His dad's been a deputy for a long time in close by small town.

We went shooting last weekend, my Gen 3 17, springfield loaded 1911, and her BF gen 4 g17, plus a PSA AR, it didn't like Tula, single shot, fed PMC perfect. Last Tula stuck in chamber had to knock it out with cleaning rod. Was going to give it to her that day other than that issue. Don't have the holosun sighted in perfect yet either not sure I like it better than the scope I have on the MP15 dot with a circle is really quick on round targets. The dot is a little on the small side on the Holosun.

Had a gong at 50ish yard, really set up for the AR, but I could usually get 2 hit's per 7 rnds with the Springfield. Her BF I think was shooting a 43x and was hitting 2 for 10. She seemed to like shooting the springfield more than my G17. His G17 didn't see much action, first couple shot's she noticed a bit of recoil difference. Only 2nd time shooting a 45acp.

County will buy her handgun, not sure if she's told them yet what she wants. If she has I might switch to a X-ten. Not that I need anything, need to get better with what I have. And load all the components I have to they don't get trashed when I'm gone.

Still haven't ordered the 320 x-full. On my list to do, but wife's list of tile etc... is taking precedent. Did find out one of my son's college room mates is doing the LEO training as same time as her, he's 3 years younger than her. His dad's been a deputy for a long time in close by small town.

We went shooting last weekend, my Gen 3 17, springfield loaded 1911, and her BF gen 4 g17, plus a PSA AR, it didn't like Tula, single shot, fed PMC perfect. Last Tula stuck in chamber had to knock it out with cleaning rod. Was going to give it to her that day other than that issue. Don't have the holosun sighted in perfect yet either not sure I like it better than the scope I have on the MP15 dot with a circle is really quick on round targets. The dot is a little on the small side on the Holosun.

Had a gong at 50ish yard, really set up for the AR, but I could usually get 2 hit's per 7 rnds with the Springfield. Her BF I think was shooting a 43x and was hitting 2 for 10. She seemed to like shooting the springfield more than my G17. His G17 didn't see much action, first couple shot's she noticed a bit of recoil difference. Only 2nd time shooting a 45acp.

County will buy her handgun, not sure if she's told them yet what she wants. If she has I might switch to a X-ten. Not that I need anything, need to get better with what I have. And load all the components I have to they don't get trashed when I'm gone.

I really like the Holosun sites, especially the reflex. The only thing holding me back is I'd have to replace at least two holsters. " Point" shooting is so much easier with a dot.

One thing to be mindful of, and I'm sure you know, is if you set it up for 15 yards or so, you have to adjust at longer and closer ranges. No big deal if you train for it.

I prefer Gen3 over Gen4 btw.

Tula ammo is Russian and a lot of guns don't like it. Watch for scoring in your slide. These days you have to shoot what you can get your hands on tho.

Has your daughter decided what she wants to carry yet?

On buds last night, 320xfull LE , 575 with 3 mags. best I can tell 320 x full with different finish and extra third $50 mag. New garage door last weekend, so have to wait till next Friday to order. X-10 little to rich, 38 super is legal for deer here, though not legal a good 147 is just as good as any 38 super. I'd just be shooting does anyway, unless a buck walks by first.

No I haven't heard from her. I really like the idea of a 320, wilson grip has good reviews, and Sig small is only $65 worth a try.

I really like the Holosun sites, especially the reflex. The only thing holding me back is I'd have to replace at least two holsters. " Point" shooting is so much easier with a dot.

One thing to be mindful of, and I'm sure you know, is if you set it up for 15 yards or so, you have to adjust at longer and closer ranges. No big deal if you train for it.

I prefer Gen3 over Gen4 btw.

Tula ammo is Russian and a lot of guns don't like it. Watch for scoring in your slide. These days you have to shoot what you can get your hands on tho.

Has your daughter decided what she wants to carry yet?
I Have a holosun on one of my ARs. Works great.

She told me her director orderd stuff for a G19, I'm assuming stuff is duty belt etc.. Nothing wrong with that choice, and if every everyone else carries Glock 9mm makes the most sense. Don't know much about them, other than a little shorter in length and grip than a 17. I'll have to research the different generations they must have.

Last edited:
Great gun as well.

Nothing wring with a department that can share magazines in the heat of the moment if necessary. She can use 17's magazines but oddly 17's cannot use her 19's magazines.

19 is a "compact" version of 17. Barrel is 1/2" shorter and grip is a little smaller.

Reactions: roosterk
I have 15-20 17 mags, so I can probably spare a few. Don't know if my 22lr kit will fit, doesn't work on G4 17's for some reason. She probably won't practice as much as I was when I was doing matches. Fun but almost 60 miles away, when I still had my concours, take a ride, shoot, take a ride. Bike less at the moment but another KLR or XR might not be out of the question.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT