ADVERTISEMENT

Best active coaches

Dec 2, 2011
I listened to a podcast with Adolph Kochendorfer (yes, that is his real name) today and it got me thinking about the best active Iowa HS bball coaches. Kochendorfer has something like 530 wins and has been to state 9 times so he is somewhere on the list most likely but it seems like Pella Christian, Western Christian, Linn Mar, Harlan etc. have all had some great runs over the past 20 years. Who else is on the list?

Here is the podcast link. It was a good listen.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/moonlightgrahamshow/CoachK.mp3

Reactions: trout_king
Steve Bergmann from IC West. Curtis Clark from Bettendorf. Shamus Budde from North Scott, BJ Windorst from Valley. These guys are very strong in 4A and should be on the list.

McGraw from Waterloo East is a Legendary coach. Doesn't have a ton of State Titles, but 13 state tournament appearances in his career.

Schultz has been impressive since taking over Cedar Falls.

Berinobis has Waterloo West trending upwards as well.

Tom English from Dub. Wahlert has had three state championship teams since he's been head coach and his teams are always tough by tourney time. I think they have the state record for tourney appearances. Great guy who gets the most out of his kids.

Steve Bergmann from IC West. Curtis Clark from Bettendorf. Shamus Budde from North Scott, BJ Windorst from Valley. These guys are very strong in 4A and should be on the list.
Simply picking those with the best talent is lazuli

If you find someone who gets more out of his kids than Travis Evensmeyer hit me up. Kids leave it all all the floor. He coaches every second. I swear he works harder on defense than his kids do. They will run through a wall for him and then ask......now what coach? Top notch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT