ADVERTISEMENT

Best 1A District Title Games?

Dec 7, 2014
Which 1A matchups on Tuesday are we most looking forward to?

Here are the games I am would love to be able to see (if we could go to games, of course).
District 1: Remsen, St. Mary's vs. Newell-Fonda
District 3: Lake Mills vs. Algona Garrigan
District 11: Montezuma vs. Keota

Does anyone know of any live streaming available for any of these games?

Here are the games I am would love to be able to see (if we could go to games, of course).

I know you can go to the Bishop Garrigan vs Lake mills game at Clear Lake. They are allowing unlimited spectators.

Same for RSM vs NF - no restrictions besides masks.

RSM previous games have been streamed on YouTube - just search Fuller Digital Solutions - haven't heard if the next one will be streamed.

I know you can go to the Bishop Garrigan vs Lake mills game at Clear Lake. They are allowing unlimited spectators.

I believe Williamburg School website will be Streaming the Keota vs Monte game due to them having capacity restrictions.

Same for RSM vs NF - no restrictions besides masks.

RSM previous games have been streamed on YouTube - just search Fuller Digital Solutions - haven't heard if the next one will be streamed.
Since these are sub state games I believe you still have to pay to stream. I am almost certain none of these will be on youtube. They will be streamed through a 3rd party where you can enter payment info.

Sponsors pick up the fee to the state (in lieu of the potential gate they're "missing") - how it's been all playoffs anyway to this point.

What’s the deal with GVC in 1a having these international players? It seems odd. I see they have another one who is 7’ and averages 15 boards a game. Probably not fun for the other schools to prepare every year knowing they will just bring in another one.

What’s the deal with GVC in 1a having these international players? It seems odd. I see they have another one who is 7’ and averages 15 boards a game. Probably not fun for the other schools to prepare every year knowing they will just bring in another one.
St Alberts has one in the wings also so it is not just a Grandview thing. The one at St Alberts is 7-1........

I understand GV has had a number of foreign exchange students, but the majority are from Asian countries like China, Korea, and Vietnam. In Iowa at least, I think these students can only attend public schools for a certain amount of time then they have to go to a private school but I could be wrong on that.

I understand GV has had a number of foreign exchange students, but the majority are from Asian countries like China, Korea, and Vietnam. In Iowa at least, I think these students can only attend public schools for a certain amount of time then they have to go to a private school but I could be wrong on that.
There are exchange programs where this is the case. They can go to a public school for a portion of the time, but must attend a private school for at least 1 year. Not sure if that is a stipulation of the program or something the state of Iowa mandates. From what I've seen, most of them are kids from war torn or 3rd world countries. Some of them happen to be from Sudan and are 7' tall. It wouldn't surprise me to find out those program pick kids who perhaps have a chance to play at the collegiate level and get some or all of their degree paid for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT