ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn guys, just what in the fk is this

That's some AUdacity, or AUsome, or whatever else Tot Bowden kept coming with.

While I certainly appreciate Green for backing Pearl after the Chuck Person deal, he was in over his head from day one. Hopefully the new President will get the right AD.
Huge Freeze coming in Dec? Without Greene as AD Harsin is toast.

After the "coup attempt", Harsin's future is 100% contingent on winning games. Another season like last year, and Greene wouldn't have had the ability to save him.
I honestly don't see how he can win enough with the talent he has today. He needed another solid class to have the horses to run the race. Plus from what I hear from my connections near Abbeville, the PTB are hell bent on replacing him. It's a lot easier with a yes man as AD vs. one that would fight for Harsin.

Reactions: Konigstiger
I honestly don't see how he can win enough with the talent he has today. He needed another solid class to have the horses to run the race. Plus from what I hear from my connections near Abbeville, the PTB are hell bent on replacing him. It's a lot easier with a yes man as AD vs. one that would fight for Harsin.
The guy in charge now (Roberts) seems to understand how important athletics is to the university, unlike that dumbass Gouge. The "PTB" won't be making any decisions that Roberts and whoever is the new AD don't agree with.

Who would want that job with all the meddling?

Reactions: billywayneluck
How many ex coaches can they afford to pay? And the way they treat coaches down there, who would want to sign up for that?

Him hiring Harsin was the final nail in his coffin with the PTB. Harsin coup attempt and his subsequent recruiting failures moved the timeline up on informing Greene his contract would not be renewed next spring and an early exit being the best move for all involved so we can have new AD in place if Harsin can’t squeak out enough games this fall.

Him hiring Harsin was the final nail in his coffin with the PTB. Harsin coup attempt and his subsequent recruiting failures moved the timeline up on informing Greene his contract would not be renewed next spring and an early exit being the best move for all involved so we can have new AD in place if Harsin can’t squeak out enough games this fall.
That’s what I understand as well.

Aubs at least make his replacement entertaining.

Reactions: alphatiger08
While I certainly appreciate Green for backing Pearl after the Chuck Person deal, he was in over his head from day one. Hopefully the new President will get the right AD.
I'm certainly no insider but from what I hear AD Greene was not the get out and connect with people type. By people I mean boosters with deep pockets. His fiscal frugality rubbed some coaches the wrong way. They had to be the fund raisers with little help from Greene.

Reactions: dhetiger
I'm certainly no insider but from what I hear AD Greene was not the get out and connect with people type. By people I mean boosters with deep pockets. His fiscal frugality rubbed some coaches the wrong way. They had to be the fund raisers with little help from Greene.
Correct

That and he was “a black” = bad fit at awbrin….

• Haha
Reactions: dhetiger
Now y’all’s AD is taking a hike. Wtf is going on down there?
This is a good read from Skarbinsky...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT