ADVERTISEMENT

Any big stories across the state?

\/\/arriorSoccer

Freshman
Apr 19, 2011
Saw Kennedy creep into the NSCAA national rankings.

Any big goal scorers?

Teams underachieving? overachieving?

Tournament time is not far off. How are the conference championships panning out?

Any big name players not playing this year in place of their clubs or moving elsewhere to play?

Checking Quik Stats, I see that Dyersville Beckman listed a 1-0 win over Dewitt Clinton Central for their game on April 30. But, Clinton says the game was a 0-0 tie.
I couldn't find any more information on the game. ISHAA shows a 1-0 Beckman win. But when you look at the individual game stats on Quik Stats it shows Clinton scoring 2 goals...
Seems like there are some errors somewhere.

I actually caught the second half and overtimes. Beckman won in a shootout 3-2. therefore winning 1-0. DeWitt coach must not be tracking stats correctly.

Also loving how many teams are awarding assists for virtually anything.

Waverly with 48 assists on 24 goals? Come on.

Avoca, 34 on 14 goals?

Are there rules on awarding assists? Feel these are inflated unfairly....

Basketball doesn't record the 1st out of two passes for an assist. Asinine.

Originally posted by \/\/arriorSoccer:
Also loving how many teams are awarding assists for virtually anything.

Waverly with 48 assists on 24 goals? Come on.

Avoca, 34 on 14 goals?

Are there rules on awarding assists? Feel these are inflated unfairly....

Basketball doesn't record the 1st out of two passes for an assist. Asinine.
Good point, I had noticed that as well. The ISHAA should put out some scoring guidelines (if they haven't already).

Norwalk and Pella finish with a share of the Little Hawkeye Conference championship.

Norwalk beats Des Moines Lincoln last night 4-3 in pks to end a string of 3 shootouts in 4 matches.

Ending the regular season 10-7 with losses to:
2A Newton 2-1
3A Johnston 1-0
3A CR Kennedy 1-0
3A DM Hoover 4-0
3A Waukee 3-2
3A Ames 1-0
2A Denison-Schleswig 1-0 (PKs)

Every loss by one goal margin except DM Hoover at the Valley Tournament. Last year Norwalk entered the state tournament with 5 losses. The year before, 7 losses. Both seasons earning trips to the championship match. Could be another year of success for the battle tested, young and humbled Warriors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT