ADVERTISEMENT

All Star games

hawkfanalso

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
My daughter has been invited to two all-star games on the same day.One is at Kirkwood the other is a coaches association at Dallas center.Any opinions on which one is best to go too.

I have seen both games and both are well done. I think the one in Grimes might be a little more "elite" Only 40 kids statewide are chosen for that one I believe. Much more are selected to the ones in Cedar Rapids. Both do a nice job of honoring kids. Can't really go wrong either way.

The one at DCG is what was always known as the "Dr. Pepper" all-stars...(back in the ol days). They used to have it in the summer--practice for a few days and then play. Used to be at either the Dome or Northwestern College...?

Not sure why it's only 1 day and in the spring now...but usually high quality play. I saw Doug McD play in it one year--so did a lot of Iowa's best players over the years...unless they get invited to a nation-wide all-star game or something. They also hand out player of the year and Mr/Miss Basketball awards I believe...?

Other people probably know a lot more than me about it...help?

Found out one is on Saturday and one is on sunday so she plans on playing in both.Thanks for the help

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT