ADVERTISEMENT

All conference game schedule...

Exactly. If you don’t like that, let’s play 4 cross division and rotate three every year. That puts us as 10 conf games, same as we are scheduled to play this fall.
FTR, I personally like the 9 game schedule with 3 cross division opponents. One perm and two rotational. It leaves 2-3 games for OOC teams, at least one of which should continue to be against a Power 5 conf team. I don't mind "easier" OOC games but we should all agree to eliminate FCS teams moving forward as well.

It's a tougher schedule and the likelihood of someone running the table is diminished - but it would address the SOS debate moving into the CFB Playoff. For that reason, maybe have 2 of the 3 as Power 5 teams. For an elite program one tune up game should be enough, yes?

I seriously doubt Auburn will be adding Florida. I've heard it is the next
Ding ding ding ding we have a winner!
LMaO. You guys really have these GA and AU guys hoodwinked. Not only does AL wind up with a weaker SOS than everybody else, the traditional foe makes it significantly longer to play GA and FL. GA and FL benefit from this but at the cost of having a tougher schedule than AL every year. The guys at AU and maybe GA are too senile to see what’s happening to them. Not sure about GA. They may figure it out but like the idea of not playing AL as often.

LSU and FL understand it. They had the votes one year to change it but FL backed out because AL did them an SEC favor and ask them to do it. But I don’t think they will ever get the votes to go to 9 or 10 games until the traditional foe is eliminated.

I agree with a 9-10 team SEC schedule. I don’t know why if you really want to play TN every year you don’t schedule them every year and let them be your power 5 team the year the schedule does not have then as an opponent. That will release the league to have a normal schedule.

I have seen a worksheet that was used to determine a balanced SOS schedule. If I recall correctly it had all the #3 and #4 ranked teams playing all the #1 and #2 ranked teams.

TN and Vanderbilt were the two teams added to the LSU schedule. TN was added to the LSU schedule as they were the #3 team in the SECE . LSU played Vanderbilt last year.

Sankey

LMaO. You guys really have these GA and AU guys hoodwinked. Not only does AL wind up with a weaker SOS than everybody else, the traditional foe makes it significantly longer to play GA and FL. GA and FL benefit from this but at the cost of having a tougher schedule than AL every year. The guys at AU and maybe GA are too senile to see what’s happening to them. Not sure about GA. They may figure it out but like the idea of not playing AL as often.

LSU and FL understand it. They had the votes one year to change it but FL backed out because AL did them an SEC favor and ask them to do it. But I don’t think they will ever get the votes to go to 9 or 10 games until the traditional foe is eliminated.

I agree with a 9-10 team SEC schedule. I don’t know why if you really want to play TN every year you don’t schedule them every year and let them be your power 5 team the year the schedule does not have then as an opponent. That will release the league to have a normal schedule.
Meh... Saban will be retired soon..;):D

Or Dinardo...how soon he forgets...
You AU guys get me. Al screws the crap out of you with that traditional foe crap and you eat it up. Unbelievable. The traditional foe crap is designed to give AL a weaker SEC schedule every year than GA, FL, AU And LSU. I can’t believe you don’t see it. It also prevents AL from playing FL and GA as often. I can’t believe you can’t see it.

You AU guys get me. Al screws the crap out of you with that traditional foe crap and you eat it up. Unbelievable. The traditional foe crap is designed to give AL a weaker SEC schedule every year than GA, FL, AU And LSU. I can’t believe you don’t see it. It also prevents AL from playing FL and GA as often. I can’t believe you can’t see it.

I couldn't give a shit about traditional foes. Not sure what Ralph's post has to do with playing Uga annually.

Bill, I forgot that coaching giant Mike Archer.....

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq

You continue to be a fvcking moron.

As has been pointed out to you ad nauseum, you weren’t bitching about Alabama’s schedule when Tennessee was good at football. This is something that you and that sorry Tigerbait writer conjured up out of thin air.

We are all laughing at you.

You continue to be a fvcking moron.

As has been pointed out to you ad nauseum, you weren’t bitching about Alabama’s schedule when Tennessee was good at football. This is something that you and that sorry Tigerbait writer conjured up out of thin air.

We are all laughing at you.
Yes. LSU was bitching about it. But we couldn’t stop it. LSU is on record of being against the traditional opponent every time it has come up including the beginning. It is definitely to AL advantage. Just check it out. That why they want get rid of it and I doubt we ever have more than 8 game schedule.

I seriously doubt Auburn will be adding Florida. I've heard it is the next two East opponents slated to rotate onto the schedule. Auburn played Florida last yer.
I have seen a worksheet that was used to determine a balanced SOS schedule. If I recall correctly it had all the #3 and #4 ranked teams playing all the #1 and #2 ranked teams.

TN and Vanderbilt were the two teams added to the LSU schedule. TN was added to the LSU schedule as they were the #3 team in the SECE . LSU played Vanderbilt last year.

Yes - because the current power teams are always at the top of the league. Nothing ever changes, right? It's all a conspiracy from Big Bad Bammer!

Seriously - maybe it's time to adjust your medication, friend.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Yes. LSU was bitching about it. But we couldn’t stop it. LSU is on record of being against the traditional opponent every time it has come up including the beginning. It is definitely to AL advantage. Just check it out. That why they want get rid of it and I doubt we ever have more than 8 game schedule.

That’s because by and large, LSU is a bunch of pussies.

I didn’t hear any of this garbage from 1995-2007. Wonder why?

Add a team and have 3 divisions. Play the 4 in your division plus 1 traditional and 3 rotation from the other two divisions. Conference championship determined by semi final game (the two lowest ranking divisional winners) winner playing the highest ranked division champ, who obviously gets a bye from the semifinal. More post season revenue.

Fyi....I was just pushing buttons. I haven't even figured out who goes with which university yet. I'm still green. :D

I’ll give you your first quiz.

Hi, I’m @Bill_D and I condone clotheslining women and whipping their asses MMA style. My school is only successful because of Gerry Dinardo and not because Nick Saban saw an opportunity to pull this smelly shithole from the sewer.

When my team loses, I pout and play bridge until they win again, the officials are always out to hurt my team, and bammer always has an advantage because they pay the league off.

Name my team.

Yes - because the current power teams are always at the top of the league. Nothing ever changes, right? It's all a conspiracy from Big Bad Bammer!

Seriously - maybe it's time to adjust your medication, friend.
It’s a fact isn’t it? Be honest. Without the traditional foe and a 10 team schedule the SEC would be much more balanced. With ten teams Each will play all the other teams in the SEC A home and home in 4 years. If the Sezc added 2 more team it still would. That’s the proper way to run it. It’s all up to AL if the SEC has a decent schedule.

Hi, I’m @Bill_D and I condone clotheslining women and whipping their asses MMA style. My school is only successful because of Gerry Dinardo and not because Nick Saban saw an opportunity to pull this smelly shithole from the sewer.

When my team loses, I pout and play bridge until they win again, the officials are always out to hurt my team, and bammer always has an advantage because they pay the league off.

Name my team.
That still doesn’t hide the fact SEC has a unbelievable bastard schedule because of AL and the traditional opponent.

That’s because by and large, LSU is a bunch of pussies.

I didn’t hear any of this garbage from 1995-2007. Wonder why?
You were not listening. One thing I notice about you is you get you ugliest and filthy mouthest is when you are in the wrong position, you can really se it come out here.

It’s a fact isn’t it? Be honest. Without the traditional foe and a 10 team schedule the SEC would be much more balanced. With ten teams Each will play all the other teams in the SEC A home and home in 4 years. If the Sezc added 2 more team it still would. That’s the proper way to run it. It’s all up to AL if the SEC has a decent schedule.
Yawn - while we are at it lest destroy all traditional opponents in the game and go to an NFL type of schedule. Maybe even pay the players too - something that already happens down in Red Stick - so LSU is halfway there!

Suddenly it’s a lot clearer as to why you are in favor of such a proposal.

Yawn - while we are at it lest destroy all traditional opponents in the game and go to an NFL type of schedule. Maybe even pay the players too - something that already happens down in Red Stick - so LSU is halfway there!

Suddenly it’s a lot clearer as to why you are in favor of such a proposal.
No. I would just rather have a smooth proper schedule. But LMAO where did all this required need of traditional opponent go when then they got rid of one of them? I might be wrong but there used to be 2. Was there much wailing and gnashing of the teeth when they took one away after adding teams because some teams wouldn’t get around to play each other very long. Oh wail and cry. What happened to my other traditional opponent?

I remember that LSU had KY and FL.

Again Bill, you are purposely not hearing that Bama vs UT played every year when UT was good. LSU didn't play UT very often in those days. Were Bammers crying over LSU not having to play UT?

Football, like all sports, is cyclical. You're making up a conspiracy that clearly doesn't make sense because the Bama vs UT as permanent opponents from separate division began when UT was a national power. You're trying to re-write history and somehow you don't understand why people think you're FOS.

No. I would just rather have a smooth proper schedule.

Disagree....you would rather have a built in excuse for how LSU gets fvcked. None of you pvssies said a word when UT was great and UF was mediocre. Now you have a complaint? Go figure.

Name my team.
Advantage LSU :D

That still doesn’t hide the fact SEC has a unbelievable bastard schedule because of AL and the traditional opponent.

Bama’s traditional opponent has a historically great program, unlike LSU who was dogshit until Nicholas Lou Saban took over. Maybe we should just stop playing LSU since up until this past season was a guaranteed win and a drag on our strength of schedule.

Quit your bitching.

kirby-popcorn-gif.gif

No. I would just rather have a smooth proper schedule. But LMAO where did all this required need of traditional opponent go when then they got rid of one of them? I might be wrong but there used to be 2. Was there much wailing and gnashing of the teeth when they took one away after adding teams because some teams wouldn’t get around to play each other very long. Oh wail and cry. What happened to my other traditional opponent?

I remember that LSU had KY and FL.
There are times where the “do you even watch football” posts are a clever troll. This isn’t one of those times. I honestly wonder if you’ve actually watched with any consistency.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Bama’s traditional opponent has a historically great program, unlike LSU who was dogshit until Nicholas Lou Saban took over. Maybe we should just stop playing LSU since up until this past season was a guaranteed win and a drag on our strength of schedule.

Quit your bitching.
This.

would love this from a fan standpoint, would hate it as a player and coach.
Every year there are teams that are down and as easy to beat as Southern Miss type opponents. Vandy, Sackerlanna, UK, OM, M state..... An average year all those are easy wins. Then you get the occasional bad year for some of the big boys. Course UT has been in a funk since 2004 and they’re an easy win too. Either way you are gonna have to beat 7-8 quality teams a year to compete for championships.

Every year there are teams that are down and as easy to beat as Southern Miss type opponents. Vandy, Sackerlanna, UK, OM, M state..... An average year all those are easy wins. Then you get the occasional bad year for some of the big boys. Course UT has been in a funk since 2004 and they’re an easy win too. Either way you are gonna have to beat 7-8 quality teams a year to compete for championships.

No I get that you've got some pretty easy wins in conference, but you can't sit out you're starting defensive end who's at 60% when you're playing arkansas like you could if you're playing Alabama state.

I just feel like the injuries would pile up across the board and recovery time would lag, but I've never played collegiate athletics so maybe the guys on the field would welcome it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT