ADVERTISEMENT

All conference game schedule...

Bill_D

Varsity
Jun 26, 2001
Now that the SEC has officially stated they will be going to an All conference schedule starting September 26 what are the Vegas odds that the “Bridge Schedule” will eliminate the University of GA from the Bama schedule this year and keep both GA and FL off of the Bama schedule for several or more years?

The good thing is Sankey may not permit it. He is not a UAT alum.

Haha....more SEC games, not less.

Maybe you should wait to cry about something until there is something to cry about.

Just joking. Trolling a little I guess. I am pretty sure they will move the AL-Ga game to another week because I heard that they will just add 2 games. Right now LSU has FL. AL and AU have GA. I look to see them give us TN and KY. Could be AU gets FL. A&M might get FL and TN. If AL keeps GA they will have about the same strength of schedule as LSU.

Last edited:
Just joking. Trolling a little I guess. I am pretty sure they will move the AL-Ga game to another week because I heard that they will just add 2 games. Right now LSU has FL. AL and AU have GA. I look to see them give us TN and KY. Could be AU gets FL. A&M might get FL and TN. If AL keeps GA they will have about the same strength of schedule as LSU.
A&M will almost certainly get Mizzou. Probably at Kyle field making the last 5 out of 6 there going back to the XII days.
flush.r191677.gif

I don't think anyone will lose a team they were already scheduled to play... just adding 2 conference games. Bama probably playing Florida now. I can see the alligator tears now...
giphy.gif

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
Now that the SEC has officially stated they will be going to an All conference schedule starting September 26 what are the Vegas odds that the “Bridge Schedule” will eliminate the University of GA from the Bama schedule this year and keep both GA and FL off of the Bama schedule for several or more years?

The good thing is Sankey may not permit it. He is not a UAT alum.
I told you this back on July 9th.

Reactions: Pops Masterson
I don't think anyone will lose a team they were already scheduled to play... just adding 2 conference games. Bama probably playing Florida now. I can see the alligator tears now...
giphy.gif
Like uga has fared well against the evil ones of late.

giphy.gif
Nope. They will add MO and Ky and LSU will add TN and Vanderbilt. The SOS of both will be about the same. Poor TN, AU, A&M. They will play 3 of the top 2 teams in each division. AU will play all 4 of them as they are adding FL. TN will play all 4 of the because they are addin LSU. A&M May be playing all 4 by adding GA and FL. That’s what I understand. So AU and TN and maybe A&M will have will have the toughest SOS. I think South Carolina may also be playing all 4.

Last edited:
Not having many fans in the stadiums will suck, but a 10 game SEC schedule will rock if this season is played. Would love to see it stick around
IMO that is the object of going all SEC is to get rid of the rent a games this year. Since the crowds will be small this will probably actually get more fans in the stands. Nobody would want to come to the Rent a Games under these conditions. I think LSU May have done a survey on this. I’m sorry we lose the TX game in Baton Rouge, though.

Not having many fans in the stadiums will suck, but a 10 game SEC schedule will rock if this season is played. Would love to see it stick around
Get rid of the preferred traditional opponent and it will happen, at least a 9 game SEC schedule. I doubt we go back to just 10 games a season. The money for the other two games is already in the budget.

I told you this back on July 9th.
I don’t remember it. I honestly don’t really read much if any of your stuff because it mostly is trash or brown nosing Pop, or both. So I miss the occasional good stuff. Since this thread was about conferencing scheduling I read this one.

Get rid of the preferred traditional opponent and it will happen, at least a 9 game SEC schedule. I doubt we go back to just 10 games a season. The money for the other two games is already in the budget.

Just add two additional games to the current way of doing things, you don’t have to get rid of the traditional opponents to accomplish that. Then play 1 cream puff and 1 power 5 team. (for future years)

Just add two additional games to the current way of doing things, you don’t have to get rid of the traditional opponents to accomplish that. Then play 1 cream puff and 1 power 5 team. (for future years)
Yeah but the rotation between teams is much slower. Ten teams might make it palatable to some. But no one wants to go from 8 to 9 or 10 teams without eliminating the traditional foe. Most teams will not vote to increase he number of games with that.

Here is an easy way to do it. Let AL schedule TN every year and it only be a conference game when the schedule says they are supposed to play. The other TN games would be the power 5 game. AU and GA could do the same. These are the only 4 schools that are concerned about a traditional foe. Then you wouldn’t hold the SEC schedule and the other teams hostage to the traditional foe.

Last edited:
Yeah but the rotation between teams is much slower. Ten teams might make it palatable to some. But no one wants to go from 8 to 9 or 10 teams without eliminating the traditional foe. Most teams will not vote to increase he number of games with that.

Here is an easy way to do it. Let AL schedule TN every year and it only be a conference game when the schedule says they are supposed to play. The other TN games would be the power 5 game. AU and GA could do the same. These are the only 4 schools that are concerned about a traditional foe. Then you wouldn’t hold the SEC schedule and the other teams hostage to the traditional foe.
The fact is AU thUGA and Bama UT have more marquee value than watching a bunch of drunks in Loseranna flopping around in the stands as LSU plasters Ole Miss

SEC should just go to 9 conference games. People are getting tired of too many games each year against directional schools. Just cut one Charleston Southern type game out and play more big boy football. That's what the fans want (or did want before this Chinese virus... I'll take any CFB at this point) as evidenced by the attendance.

But no one wants to go from 8 to 9 or 10 teams without eliminating the traditional foe.

That's false. Some do, some don't. You say "no one" referring to yourself and people who agree with you.

FTR, I'd be apposed to a schedule that didn't include Bama vs LSU and Auburn as well. To a lesser extent you could include Ole Miss and Miss St.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
IMO that is the object of going all SEC is to get rid of the rent a games this year. Since the crowds will be small this will probably actually get more fans in the stands. Nobody would want to come to the Rent a Games under these conditions. I think LSU May have done a survey on this. I’m sorry we lose the TX game in Baton Rouge, though.

No. Not at all. We were forced to go all SEC schedule because of China flu causing other conferences to buckle and place an intra conference schedule.

Reactions: billywayneluck
Nope. They will add MO and Ky and LSU will add TN and Vanderbilt. The SOS of both will be about the same. Poor TN, AU, A&M. They will play 3 of the top 2 teams in each division. AU will play all 4 of them as they are adding FL. TN will play all 4 of the because they are addin LSU. A&M May be playing all 4 by adding GA and FL. That’s what I understand. So AU and TN and maybe A&M will have will have the toughest SOS. I think South Carolina may also be playing all 4.
I seriously doubt Auburn will be adding Florida. I've heard it is the next two East opponents slated to rotate onto the schedule. Auburn played Florida last year.

That's false. Some do, some don't. You say "no one" referring to yourself and people who agree with you.

FTR, I'd be apposed to a schedule that didn't include Bama vs LSU and Auburn as well. To a lesser extent you could include Ole Miss and Miss St.

Are you opposed to it, too?

Reactions: BamaFan1137
SEC should just go to 9 conference games. People are getting tired of too many games each year against directional schools. Just cut one Charleston Southern type game out and play more big boy football. That's what the fans want (or did want before this Chinese virus... I'll take any CFB at this point) as evidenced by the attendance.
Kirby is doing that. The others for the most part, not so much.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
The fact is AU thUGA and Bama UT have more marquee value than watching a bunch of drunks in Loseranna flopping around in the stands as LSU plasters Ole Miss
GA and AL have marquee value. AU and TN suck along..... far back. LSU has as much or more marquee as anybody and far more than AU has or will ever have.

Why do you keep trying to make AU significant? It will never happen. Even when they have a good team nobody gives a crap.

GA and AL have marquee value. AU and TN suck along..... far back. LSU has as much or more marquee as anybody and far more than AU has or will ever have.

Why do you keep trying to make AU significant? It will never happen. Even when they have a good team nobody gives a crap.

Bill, I was kinda digging on LSU winning a natty but you're bringing me back to reality.

Reactions: dhetiger

If you add an additional conference game everyone moves through the rotation twice as fast.

why complicate things?

Still a long wait. Hell, Georgia just payed aTm for the first time last season. That’s ridiculous.

The extra two games would mean you play everyone every 4 years...right? That seems reasonable.

...wait, faster than that. 3 games vs the other division every year with 2 rotating on and off every 2 years.

Reactions: billywayneluck
The extra two games would mean you play everyone every 4 years...right? That seems reasonable.

...wait, faster than that. 3 games vs the other division every year with 2 rotating on and off every 2 years.
Exactly. If you don’t like that, let’s play 4 cross division and rotate three every year. That puts us as 10 conf games, same as we are scheduled to play this fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT