ADVERTISEMENT

Albia

Dec 7, 2017
Prep hoops followed them quite a bit this year and on quikstats it shows they will lose one starter from their team that went 18-4. Albia was ahead at halftime and then WG apprarently went on a run in the 3rd quarter. They have 6 juniors that contributed and a freshman who was their leading scorer in the last 2 games.
With the core of players returning that could be a team to make a deep run next year.

I think Albia has a very nice team. The will need to stay in 2A to have a real shot at making a run and I would also like to see them toughen up their schedule a bit. Their conference isn't very strong. If they could drop Twin Cedars and Clarke and add two quality opponents it should help them.

Dropping Clarke isn't an option has its a conference opponent. But agree playing Twin Cedars will do nothing for them, there are some nice 3A programs not to far away that would be happy to play them.

Was just looking on quikstats and they play washington, faifield, fort madison. Was told them are adding Pella Christian to the schedule next year.

The SCC Conf will be down next year. Albia lost one conference game this year and should not lose a game next year IMO. Chariton lost everyone, Eddyville lost most of their team again. Clarke is Clarke. There is no way Hixson stays at Knoxville and Centerville lost their top 2 scorers. Davis Co brings everyone back but like Clarke, they get near the bottom of the conference every year...If you are looking at what the top teams come back in class 2A I would think Albia is ranked top 6 in the state.

I should have realized that about Clarke. I knew they were in the same conference as Albia, just slipped my mind. Does Albia believe they will be 2A next year? Certainly have some talented kids returning.

I am guessing he goes back to Des Moines somewhere. Knoxville isn't going anywhere in the area they are in.
Is he not a Knoxville guy? If not I could see it but if he’s been there this long he’s probably buddies with the Nichols kid and they could be a nasty 1-2 punch next year. I have no real knowledge of the team outside of seeing them a couple times though so if you do and think that’s a possibility I’d take your word for it

Hixson was a sophomore reserve on the varsity at Des Moines Christian and then went to Knoxville as a junior. I saw Knoxville play once this year. They have a couple of nice players to go with Nichols but they just aren't going to beat a lot of top 3A teams with what they have coming back.

I watched this team play 5-6 times this year and the district game. No one else shoots the ball besides Nichols, Hixson, and every once in awhile Keites. Most selfish team I have seen play in awhile. No discipline and a lot of shooting with no movement. That equals a first round district loss again next year. Hixson should try playing for Norwalk. He will get a lot of shots with Born gone.

ADVERTISEMENT