ADVERTISEMENT

8M Semi-Finals

NWIAorBUST

Freshman
Aug 30, 2019
Our highly competitive and well attended picks challenge results thru the quarters:
NWIAorBust (11-1)
Mazenblue (10-2)
_yourself (10-2)

Semi-Final Games:

#1 Audubon (11-1) vs #4 Remsen, St. Mary's (11-0)

#2 Turkey Valley (11-0) vs #3 Don Bosco (11-0)

****I will be waiting to put in my picks until I hear if Harpenau is playing for RSM or not.

I am staying true to my feelings about Audubon.... Audubon gets beat; TV and Bosco will depend on who has a better defense. Bosco will win the defensive battle. I guess I am going for the underdogs.

Reactions: Deadstick

I am staying true to my feelings about Audubon.... Audubon gets beat; TV and Bosco will depend on who has a better defense. Bosco will win the defensive battle. I guess I am going for the underdogs.
Bosco is only an underdog in RPI only. Polls, computer, etc has them as reletively big favorites to win it all. RSM would be a bit of an upset

Remsen, St Mary's and Don Bosco Advance to finals.

I think Audubon vs St. Mary's will be a good game, possibly decided by less than 2 scores.

Haven't seen any film on DB or TV, kinda going with DB's tradition of being top dog.

I'm going to go:

I've heard nothing of the QB situation for RSM from any of my people that way down hwy 3 so I'm going to go with my gut. Was a great game the first time they played. And ditto to mazen, have not seen anything on bosco/tv so will just have to stick with perennial powerhouse DB.

Having seen both TV and DB, I would put DB at least 2 TDs better. Better defense and maybe the best offensive player in 8man.

Turkey Valley VS. Don Bosco

Audubon
VS. Remsen, St. Mary’s

Even from Bosco is going to be too much for Turkey Valley’s defense

Audubon will clean up some of the mistakes they had in the first game and advance to the finals.

Audubon VS. Don Bosco

I believe this game will smash-mouth defense. Bosco in the past have shown they can stop some very good running offenses so they are my pick to win it all.

This being said I think this year is the first year in a while that the 4 best teams have made it to the dome. Excited to watch both of tomorrow’s games.

Official shortage is evident in this first semi final. Yikes some interesting calls like the pick that went to the ground, was knocked out of the kids hands after down by contact and allowed to be returned.

It’s hard to say that’s a bad call. If the bosco kid didn’t catch it as it popped up it probably would have been called incomplete. Hard call to make in real time.

You know you have a high powered offense when its not clear who you're referring to with this statement.
Pretty sure everyone knows who that is being referred to. They do have a potent offense and a great defense. Team speed is a killer.

Great game and game plan from DB throughout. Score doesn't show it well but Turkey was better than that. Had 3 straight drives stall inside the 10 yard line to start and had costly fumbles along with their QB getting injured.

Noah Schroeder, #43 of RSM needs a little praise. Kid is in on every single play and has accumulated almost double the tackles of anyone else on his team.

4th down on the Wheelers end of the field. Harpenau threw to one of St. Mary’s receivers who was covered well but the St. Mary’s receiver had possession for 4 full steps two of those being after crossing the goal line. Defender had the hand on the ball and ripped it out just after their knee touched the ground in The end zone. Ref was standing the the back of the players so he had no good angle. Ruled incomplete. Well played game on both ends. Good luck to the Dons and Wheelers in the final!

Your feelings on Audubon have been off all season long. Hope they take down Don Bosco. D8 was a juggernaut of a district this year.

4th down on the Wheelers end of the field. Harpenau threw to one of St. Mary’s receivers who was covered well but the St. Mary’s receiver had possession for 4 full steps two of those being after crossing the goal line. Defender had the hand on the ball and ripped it out just after their knee touched the ground in The end zone. Ref was standing the the back of the players so he had no good angle. Ruled incomplete. Well played game on both ends. Good luck to the Dons and Wheelers in the final!

You have to complete the catch though. sounds like it came out as they were both fighting for possession.

looks like he had full possession with two hands going in and then well after breaking the plane it got ripped out. Wheeler defender really didn’t have a hand on it until after in the end zone.

Last edited:
Did Iahsaa get rid of the live stats section for the semis and finals this year? I may be misremembering if they had it last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT