Waukee
CBL

FINALS
CF
Waukee

3rd Place
CBL
Dowling

(ok, my formatting of that bracket flew like a lead balloon :rolleyes:)
I think CF should win big in the first two rounds, and a single digit win against Waukee in the championship with CF's slim size advantage over Waukee, athleticism, and overall tournament experience from winning 2 championships in the last 3 years.

Last edited:
It's hard to pick against Waukee with DeVries and Sandfort - 2 D1 players. I just have a feeling CF might be the better team, but guess we'll see.

Ames is a darkhorse IMO. With Lipsey and a good supporting cast, they are playing really well lately. Dowling is really coming on as of late as well.

CF
Dubuque SR

Johnston
Dowling

Waukee

PV

CBL
Ames

Semi-finals
CF
Dowling

Waukee
CBL

FINALS
CF
Waukee

3rd Place
CBL
Dowling

(ok, my formatting of that bracket flew like a lead balloon :rolleyes:)
I think CF should win big in the first two rounds, and a single digit win against Waukee in the championship with CF's slim size advantage over Waukee, athleticism, and overall tournament experience from winning 2 championships in the last 3 years.

Hate to break it to you...but there isn’t any consolation games this year.

Be interesting to see PV's style vs. Waukee and what that final score looks like.

PV has as 26-24 win over Assumption and a 21-19 victory over Bettendorf.

Waukee averages 67 points per game; PV 43 points per game.

A brief rant here regarding IHSSN’s broadcasts: in-game commercials have no place anywhere! Wait until a time out, or have a TV time out or something. That is all!

This!!! A thousand times this!! And they throw those dumb things in at the worst times.

Well to be honest, not taking anything from Waukee at all, the MAC conference was less than stellar this year.

After watching Waukee just demolish two teams this week I can't figure out how they lost a game this year. I don't see Johnston beating them again the way Waukee is playing right now. In fact, this might one of the best High School teams the state of Iowa has ever produced. I just hope Johnston can at least keep it close. After the way they handled Cedar Falls last night, I think they should give us a somewhat entertaining game at least.

Reactions: mylameusername
Tucker DeVries was out during their earlier season loss to Johnston (Covid contact tracing I think).
Waukee is definitely rolling and made a good Ames team look bad. Waukee is playing at a very high level and should win. They were pretty incredible yesterday. Johnston is good too, so hoping it will be competitive.

Reactions: sarcastico
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT