ADVERTISEMENT

3a title game

ronsss

All Conference
Nov 8, 2003
who will win the title game in 3a, north scott or harlan.

north scott is my pick , though i would like to see harlan win... i watched north scott play xaivier, they are very good....north scott has some big guys that can move and overpower...that is the reason i pick them. i dont believe harlan has the size , but as far as that goes, xaiver is about the same size as harlan...see what happens thursday night

I will go with Harlan. Their coaches do a great job on both sides of the ball of taking away the opposing teams strengths and capitalizing on their weaknesses. They are the master of the big play, especially in the passing game. After watching the Xavier game, I think the N.S. corners are not good enough to defend the receivers from Harlan. Harlan 28 - 14.

Everyone picked Assumption to beat NS
Everyone picked West Delaware to beat NS
Everyone picked Xavier to beat NS
See a theme?

Here is the thing about NS this year..... They are deep on the line on both sides of the ball. Nobody goes both ways much so they stay fresh. They have play makers all over the field so you have to pick your poison on what you are going to try to stop....and NS will take what you give them. They play clean - they have taken care of the ball and avoided penalties. They have an excellent kicking game - only one missed field goal inside the 40 this year and that one was blocked. Lastly, they are battle tested....their last 3 wins were down to the wire so they know how to play under pressure.

All props to Harlan - great team and a traditionally great program. It will be a good one but I think NS wins this on the LOS and Harlan's QB will be running for his life. NS wins by 10.

I truly don't know who to take in this game. I think that we tend to over look NS, because they have always been a good program that just couldn't get over the hump, when they were in 4A it was most of the time Bettendorf, since they have been a 3A school they have been forced to play a really good Western Dubuque or Xavier team that usually went on to the state title.

Harlan on the other hand was so dominate for so long, but has been "down" for a decade, but they still know how to get it done in the Dome. They were more impressive in the semis, but also didn't face the same competition that NS did.

I'll take NS by less than a score, something like 24-21.

Everyone picked Assumption to beat NS
Everyone picked West Delaware to beat NS
Everyone picked Xavier to beat NS
See a theme?

Here is the thing about NS this year..... They are deep on the line on both sides of the ball. Nobody goes both ways much so they stay fresh. They have play makers all over the field so you have to pick your poison on what you are going to try to stop....and NS will take what you give them. They play clean - they have taken care of the ball and avoided penalties. They have an excellent kicking game - only one missed field goal inside the 40 this year and that one was blocked. Lastly, they are battle tested....their last 3 wins were down to the wire so they know how to play under pressure.

All props to Harlan - great team and a traditionally great program. It will be a good one but I think NS wins this on the LOS and Harlan's QB will be running for his life. NS wins by 10.
harlan has 4 players going both ways, the best 4 players on the team from what i perceive...mclaughlin, d1 prospect, be nuts not to have him go both ways..north scotts has 1 i believe......harlan has had a tough schedule, but north scotts maybe even tougher....stil give the edge to the east this year...if harlan does not get in done this year, they will have a great shot at it next year...return allmost everyone on offense, and all the skilled guys back....

Just looked at the 3 prediction web sites and they show:
BC Moore Harlan Comm. by 6.34 points
Massey Harlan - 21 vs. North Scott - -18
calpreps Harlan - 26 vs. North Scott - 17

wow, I'd guess more like - Harlan by a field goal - 3 points, but - oh well, should be a great game.

Wow - when Kasperbauer had, what, 5 or 6 interceptions, yikes - couple that with especially the O-line couldn't seem to make their blocking assignments. Oh well, next year - back at the dome? I'd bet on that.

Wow - when Kasperbauer had, what, 5 or 6 interceptions, yikes - couple that with especially the O-line couldn't seem to make their blocking assignments. Oh well, next year - back at the dome? I'd bet on that.
I believe it was 7 interceptions. On one of the interceptions, probably the 3rd or 4th North Scott only rushed two, the QB was hit as he was throwing it on a 5 step drop.

I would too as they have a lot of their skill kids returning. North Scott also returns a lot, including 7 starters from their defense and most of their skill players minus their QB.

kasperbauer did not look like the qb i saw all year, he never was this bad all year.....harlan could not run against north scott, but they played a couple of teams this year they could not run against, and their passing game got them the wins....if kasperbauer was like he normally is., would have been a different game

I would too as they have a lot of their skill kids returning. North Scott also returns a lot, including 7 starters from their defense and most of their skill players minus their QB.
north scott returns 3 on offense, and 6 on defense......but they loose their stud pertersen on defense, he was a recking ball

kasperbauer did not look like the qb i saw all year, he never was this bad all year.....harlan could not run against north scott, but they played a couple of teams this year they could not run against, and their passing game got them the wins....if kasperbauer was like he normally is., would have been a different game
I agree with you, that was Kasperbauer's worst game ever, 7 interceptions, yikes.

north scott returns 3 on offense, and 6 on defense......but they loose their stud pertersen on defense, he was a recking ball
It starts and ends with the QB and unfortunately for them...he graduates. You’re right about Peterson, his older brother was a tough player too, going to join him at ISU I believe

It starts and ends with the QB and unfortunately for them...he graduates. You’re right about Peterson, his older brother was a tough player too, going to join him at ISU I believe
NS will pass the baton to a very talented 6-3 senior QB next year. Peterson graduates but in will step the next Peterson (youngest of 3). They also will get back their OLB/RB who was leading the team in tackles before season ending injury. They should be salty.

harlan had a great year, consdering they had 4 sophmores start on offense.....very good sophs to say the least..will only get better....north scott had 20 more yards in this game, and harlan actually had more 1st downs.....7 interceptions killed them

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT