ADVERTISEMENT

3A State Tournament

Aug 21, 2018
Here we go. Let's see if anyone can bottle up Bowen Born. I predict a Little Hawkeye final. Norwalk vs Pella.

Where did this Bowen Born kid come from? He is pretty good. Seriously though, Harlan did a good job containing him for a quarter but he is just too good. Not only does he score at will but opens up a lot for his teammates.

After the 2 point first quarter I didn't think Ballard had a chance, but they fought hard the rest of the game and managed to get the W. I have seen Ballard play a couple of times now and they never blow me away but they play tough D and everyone has a role and plays it perfectly on the offensive end.

The level of play in the 3A side is way down compared to the last 5-6 years. The teams that were at state during that time from Wahlert, waverly, Pella, MOC, Central dewitt, Chariton, Xavier, Mt Pleasant, Glenwood, Osky, etc. would all have a field day with this group. Norwalk looks to be the heavy favorite but the winner of Pella/SBL will give them a run. No way SBL should’ve been a 6 seed.

Last edited:
I would agree with saying 3A is down a bit this year. Even this Norwalk team isn't as good as it has been the past couple years, although clearly this is the best we have seen of Born. It's not even that these teams are bad as much as we have been spoiled with some super high-quality 3A teams in recent years.

After that first round Norwalk and SBL clearly stood out as the two top teams. I would be shocked if we don't see them matched up in the title game. But it is March and crazy things can happen.

Reactions: Hawki45
Was surprised by SBL They are much better than the little bit I saw of them on-line.

Agree Norwalk and SBL turned the most heads. Norwalk looked better to me, but honestly, I was so surprised by SBL that I am not sure I really tried to evaluate what I was seeing.

3A is down this year, but its off a pretty solid stretch so I am not too worried.

Xavier and Wahlert are both reloading with better ammo, they will be back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT