Freshman
Dec 13, 2002
Quarterfinal Round:

#1 Davenport Assumption over #8 Bondurant-Farrar
#4 Dubuque Wahlert over #5 Marion
#2 Harlan over #7 Oskaloosa
#6 Saydel over #3 Bishop Heelan

Semifinal Round:

#1 Davenport Assumption over #4 Dubuque Wahlert (in a barn burner)
#2 Harlan over #6 Saydel

Championship Round:

#1 Davenport Assumption over #2 Harlan

Just my opinion, of course. Yours?

Don't count Oskaloosa out just yet
Osky has a lot of balance, and their offensive style puts pressure on suspect defenses. Obviously, they've proven that they can come back as they trailed in each game along the tournament trail. They have pitching depth as well. I'm just not convinced that they have the high level pitcher or two that most 3A contenders need to win a state tournament.

Gonna switch to assumption. If Wallace is on don't think Harlan or heelan can hit him consistently. Praying for all Catholic championship game

Good luck to our father of the east side of Iowa vs our father of the West side of Iowa

Gonna switch to assumption. If Wallace is on don't think Harlan or heelan can hit him consistently. Praying for all Catholic championship game

Good luck to our father of the east side of Iowa vs our father of the West side of Iowa
Assumption is definitely a fairly heavy favorite. They'll have both Wallace and Powers for the championship game, and they have some pretty salty pitching available for the semifinal game to get them there. With Assumption's offensive strength, you have to be able to score some runs, and that will be difficult for the opposition.

Assumption is definitely a fairly heavy favorite. They'll have both Wallace and Powers for the championship game, and they have some pretty salty pitching available for the semifinal game to get them there. With Assumption's offensive strength, you have to be able to score some runs, and that will be difficult for the opposition.

Yeah, looking back at the games they lost they very well could have been undefeated. I didn't realize Powers was close to 90...

I was shocked that they put so many hits against Fairfield with Baumann but it sounds like he was off all night...

This was the easiest bracket to predict, particularly for the champion as Assumption was definitely the cream of the crop.

This was the easiest bracket to predict, particularly for the champion as Assumption was definitely the cream of the crop.
If you want to play in the IOWA state tournament live in Iowa not Illinois this crap with DA is getting old

If you want to play in the IOWA state tournament live in Iowa not Illinois this crap with DA is getting old
Oh stop already. When is the last time they one it? You act like they are blowing everybody out every year. Rules is da rules. They are abiding by the rules and honestly that is one good group of ball players. Stop the whining already...if it's not one things it's something else.

Oh stop already. When is the last time they one it? You act like they are blowing everybody out every year. Rules is da rules. They are abiding by the rules and honestly that is one good group of ball players. Stop the whining already...if it's not one things it's something else.
I agree it is no big deal I just know the Wallace kid and Powers kid live in Illinois and they where 20-0 pitching and around 70 RBI between them.

I agree it is no big deal I just know the Wallace kid and Powers kid live in Illinois and they where 20-0 pitching and around 70 RBI between them.

Yes both are D1 guys but the entire starting 9 is good...I watched them against Harlan and I would bet not all of them are from Illinois...From 1 - 9 that was a complete team. They put up the runs and hit the crap out of the ball so don't just look at the two pitchers.

If anyone wants to talk unfair why don't we have two state tournaments? West vs east because it is very clear after that Harlan debacle that the west side of the state just doesn't have baseball....period. Nothing against Harlan but at 35-2 Assumption would beat them 10 out of 10 times. The East side clearly outclasses the west side

Yes both are D1 guys but the entire starting 9 is good...I watched them against Harlan and I would bet not all of them are from Illinois...From 1 - 9 that was a complete team. They put up the runs and hit the crap out of the ball so don't just look at the two pitchers.

If anyone wants to talk unfair why don't we have two state tournaments? West vs east because it is very clear after that Harlan debacle that the west side of the state just doesn't have baseball....period. Nothing against Harlan but at 35-2 Assumption would beat them 10 out of 10 times. The East side clearly outclasses the west side

And in 4A the West side of the state (CIML) dominated (only loses at state were to other CIML schools). Would have loved to see Johnston vs Assumption - would have been a heck of a game!

yup, assuption had pitching at another level. they were the cream of the crop on 3a level, maybe even the best if they were in 4a

Reactions: Drewolson24
yup, assuption had pitching at another level. they were the cream of the crop on 3a level, maybe even the best if they were in 4a

Love your enthusiasm for Assumption and they were the cream of the crop in 3A, but I still think Dowling and Johnston were the best in the state last year. Their pitching wasn't too bad either:)

johnston was very good last year also...agree.....would have been fun to see asumption in 4a last year., i think they would have had good success...

Assumption would have been really good in 4A. They were crazy loaded and once you get to the state tournament anything can happen at that point. I was just having a little fun:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT