ADVERTISEMENT

3A game of - Harlan Community vs. BHRV

Dec 23, 2010
Just got done watching the 8P game of DB-G vs. FM-T
Freemont Mills Tabot won over DonBosco G score was 32 - 30

Now waiting for the "delayed" start of Harlan Comm. vs. BHRV.

I was watching the 2 8P games on IHSSN, I set up a FREE account and watched on my big screen computer screen. Not sure when this game will start, as it was supposed to start at 1600 hours, and now it's 50 minutes past the intended start time.

I was watching the 2 8P games on IHSSN, I set up a FREE account and watched on my big screen computer screen. Not sure when this game will start, as it was supposed to start at 1600 hours, and now it's 50 minutes past the intended start time.

Excellent start for BHRV. Forced Harlen three and out and then long td drive.

The first 8 man game this morning took 4 hours, so everything got pushed back as a result. When 202 points are scored there is a lot of down time.

The first 8 man game this morning took 4 hours, so everything got pushed back as a result. When 202 points are scored there is a lot of down time.

While this is true, the IHSAA has never been able to keep to their posted schedule with UNI Dome playoff games. I wish they would just post realistic times instead of insisting that 3 hours between kickoffs is sufficient for publishing a schedule. (Yes, 3 1/2 hours this year, but since they clear the Dome and disinfect between games this really doesn't help.)

It's really TV that's driving this, too. The games take way longer with the TV timeouts than they would without them.

While this is true, the IHSAA has never been able to keep to their posted schedule with UNI Dome playoff games. I wish they would just post realistic times instead of insisting that 3 hours between kickoffs is sufficient for publishing a schedule. (Yes, 3 1/2 hours this year, but since they clear the Dome and disinfect between games this really doesn't help.)

It's really TV that's driving this, too. The games take way longer with the TV timeouts than they would without them.
The other games besides the first game yesterday haven’t had any problems staying on track. TV time-outs had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
The other games besides the first game yesterday haven’t had any problems staying on track. TV time-outs had nothing to do with it.

This isn’t *exactly* true. The original Thursday night schedule was Harlan-BHRV at 4:00, Xavier-North Scott at 7:30. Harlan-BHRV kicked off at 5:30 - that's 90 minutes behind schedule, meaning the expected kick of Xavier-North Scott should be around 9:00.

Now, Xavier-North Scott actually kicked just after 8:30, so the IHSAA/Dome crew did a seriously fast turnaround to try to catch up a half hour (it helped that the last few minutes of Harlan-BHRV were continuous clock). But that also meant the radio crews didn't get to their spots until less than 15 minutes before the kickoff, which is a problem when you have a pregame show to do. Media was told they would be allowed in the Dome an hour before the kickoff, but that turned out to be untrue - they started the teams' warmups and the 30-minute pregame countdown at least 10 minutes before they opened the doors.

Anyway, I'm glad you've found the games staying on track for Friday, at least. I can give you personal experience though ... I've done radio for seven 3A semifinals now, two in 4A and five in 3A, I think every time has been the second game of the night ... and they have never once started on time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT