ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Round Playoff Games

oldtimefootball

Freshman
Nov 12, 2016
Some interesting information from BC Moore. His updated rankings used.

Date Rank ( W- L) Visitor. Rank ( W- L) Home. Line Prob
11/08/2019 14 ( 7- 3) Urbandale 2 ( 9- 1) CR Kennedy 30.43 99%
11/08/2019 5 ( 8- 2) Bettendorf 6 (10- 0) Cedar Falls 0.52 52%
11/08/2019 7 ( 7- 3) Ankeny 4 ( 9- 1) WDM Dowling 10.97 80%
11/08/2019 3 ( 7- 3) Waukee 1 (10- 0) WDM Valley 12.17 83%

Bett/CF’s game looks like a great one.

Reactions: franky1967
dang franky, calling for the huge quarter final upset! Should be a good match up, probably the 4A's best OL and RB against the best QB and WR.

dang franky, calling for the huge quarter final upset! Should be a good match up, probably the 4A's best OL and RB against the best QB and WR.
I think, Kennedy will meet Valley or CF in the Finals

Last edited:
BC Moore has Dowling as a 10pt Favorite, which I never really looked at his ratings as anything more than fun.

I'm not picking Ankeny because of Dowlings streak. I think Ankeny has one of the better QBS in the State. I like their team

BC Moore has Dowling as a 10pt Favorite, which I never really looked at his ratings as anything more than fun.

I'm not picking Ankeny because of Dowlings streak. I think Ankeny has one of the better QBS in the State. I like their team

We have some great games coming up in 2 days!! Who does everyone like?

Valley vs Waukee - rematch of week 4 when Valley won 38-10, score was 10-3 at half. I'll go with Valley in a much closer game this time
Dowling vs Ankeny - another rematch that Dowling won 24-14 in week 5. Not sure if Williams played in that one or not, expect a Dowling win by around 10-14 points.
Cedar Falls vs Bettendorf- a third regular season rematch, CF won week 4 game 35-32 at Bettendorf. I'll give CF the edge being in the dome.
Cedar Rapids Kennedy vs Urbandale - No rematch here, Urbandale comes up with big upset of Centennial and now gets to travel to Kingston Stadium. I will go with CRK getting a 14 point victory.

Sets up Semi's of 1 rematch with Valley-CRK and Dowling vs Cedar Falls. 2 east and 2 west teams. Can Valley and Dowling make it a all West DSM final? I think it will be 1 east vs 1 west, just want to wait and see how the games go Friday. What do you guys see happening?

Last edited:
1). Urbandale vs Kennedy - Give me a hot Urbandale to upset Kennedy.

2). Bettendorf vs Cedar Falls - For whatever reason I believe Bettendorf will pull this out.

3). Ankeny vs WDSM-Dowling - Until it happens, I can't pick against Dowling in the Playoffs. Plus, I think they will lean on Williams down this home stretch. He's a game changer in close games.

4). Waukee vs WDSM Valley - Close, but Valley will prevail.

Should be good game all around! Enjoy!

Clock strikes midnight for cinderella...CRK over Urbandale.

Cedar Falls looks too good in all phases of game. CF in a great rematch.

Dowling won 1st matchup by 10, but that included a 60 fumble return for td for Dowling. Like Dowling's defense to keep Ankeny in check. Dowling by 7-10.

Valley looks good on both sides of ball and very strong skill players. Havent seen much of Waukee. Valley by 2 td's.

Kennedy over Urbandale, and I do not think it will be close. Kennedy is rolling right now. Valley parent told me that Kennedy was gashing them early. If they can't pass, obviously, it could be closer. 38-14

Cedar Falls over Bettendorf. Game of the week. CF's offense is much improved and they've played a tougher schedule and been in close games with good teams (Bett being one of those). CF can get to the QB and live on TFLs. The stats don't show Bett getting to the QB much, so Loecher should have time. No wind, rain, cold, etc. Bey-Buie will have to cancel that out with 150+ yards and TOP. 42-35

Dowing over Ankeny - I have only seen one of these teams in person and was impressed. It sounds like they are better now. Still, Dowling 28-20.

Valley over Waukee. Never been impressed with Waukee in big games against good teams. They are playing well, but can't see Valley losing this one. 31-20

Kennedy over Urbandale, and I do not think it will be close. Kennedy is rolling right now. Valley parent told me that Kennedy was gashing them early. If they can't pass, obviously, it could be closer. 38-14

Cedar Falls over Bettendorf. Game of the week. CF's offense is much improved and they've played a tougher schedule and been in close games with good teams (Bett being one of those). CF can get to the QB and live on TFLs. The stats don't show Bett getting to the QB much, so Loecher should have time. No wind, rain, cold, etc. Bey-Buie will have to cancel that out with 150+ yards and TOP. 42-35

Dowing over Ankeny - I have only seen one of these teams in person and was impressed. It sounds like they are better now. Still, Dowling 28-20.

Valley over Waukee. Never been impressed with Waukee in big games against good teams. They are playing well, but can't see Valley losing this one. 31-20

I cannot remember are we looking at the same front 4 for CF on the Defensive Front as last year?

I cannot remember are we looking at the same front 4 for CF on the Defensive Front as last year?

Two of them - Bohnenkamp and Weimer

Logan Clements and Jake Weichers are the tackles this year. Niemann, Fisher, and Bonner in the rotation

I think (/hope) Bett v CF will be the only close game of the round. I will give CF the win here with it being at home, in the dome.

I am not a believer in Waukee. They just have not stepped up against the best teams and they're playing one of, if not the, best teams in the state. Valley by 2 or more TDs.

Urbandale had a great upset but the travel and opponent will be too much for them. I don't think this one will be close.

Ankeny has a really good QB but it's safe to say Dowling has the better top to bottom team in that matchup. And as has been said before, Williams is exactly the type of player you lean on during tough playoff games. It won't be a blowout but I think it's the kind of grind it out games the Maroons have excelled at in the playoffs under Wilson.

I think (/hope) Bett v CF will be the only close game of the round. I will give CF the win here with it being at home, in the dome.

I am not a believer in Waukee. They just have not stepped up against the best teams and they're playing one of, if not the, best teams in the state. Valley by 2 or more TDs.

Urbandale had a great upset but the travel and opponent will be too much for them. I don't think this one will be close.

Ankeny has a really good QB but it's safe to say Dowling has the better top to bottom team in that matchup. And as has been said before, Williams is exactly the type of player you lean on during tough playoff games. It won't be a blowout but I think it's the kind of grind it out games the Maroons have excelled at in the playoffs under Wilson.

It's great to see and hear people's thoughts on this. Seems like this board used to have a lot more of this type of banter, but it has slowed down over time.

Kennedy had Valley on the ropes and should have (I know...coulda woulda shoulda) but turnovers cost them the win in the end. I think Koske and Hendred both uncorked some long runs in that game.

I still think Dowling beats Ankeny but curious of how this Ankeny's season would've gone had they not lost 3 starters to Centennial. A very good team could've been great and possibly favored.

I still think Dowling beats Ankeny but curious of how this Ankeny's season would've gone had they not lost 3 starters to Centennial. A very good team could've been great and possibly favored.

not much of a difference at all in the season, maybe Ankeny beats Centennial or CF; one of the three would have started for Ankeny at safety, the other two would have been a back up QB and the other would have been 3rd or 4th WR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT