ADVERTISEMENT

2A Playoffs Preview (Round of 16)

usfhawk

All District
Jul 13, 2006
CLGLR vs. Clarinda (BCMoore CLGLR -42.88)
- Long road trip to face the #1 team in the state. I don't see Clarinda slowing down the CLGLR offense. Lutmer IMO is the top player in the state. Clarinda will need to slow him down and get alot of turnovers to make this one close. I would take CLGLR to cover.

Greene County vs. West Lyon (BCMoore WL -1.45)
- West Lyon with the long road trip here. Should be a good game. Evenly matched teams, but WL has seen much tougher schedule. This one might come down to turnovers. I would take WL to cover.

Osage vs. OABCIG (BCMoore Osage -10.14)
- Osage is a team that I haven't heard much about this year. Looks like their will be alot of passing in this one. Both of these teams will sling the ball around. Slight edge to OSAGE.

Spirit Lake vs. Clear Lake (BCMoore Spirit Lake -17.15)
- Battle of some young skill players. Both offenses are led by sophomores. Would give Spirit Lake a slight edge, but honestly don't know much about Clear Lake.

Waukon vs. Crestwood (BCMoore Waukon -2.98)
- Good matchup here. This one could go either way. Waukon definitely has tradition on their side, but are they as good as Waukon teams of the past? Waukon to cover.

West Marshall vs. Wahlert (BCMoore West Marshall -11.05)
- BCMoore's #3 vs #6. Looks like a great game based on rankings. 2 teams in the top 5 in scoring could be a shootout. Not familiar with either team so I will go with BCMoore, West Marshall slight edge.

Monticello vs. Centerville (BCMoore Monticello -7.48)
- Two of the lower ranked teams still alive. Monticello has a stud in Ries. Monticello BIG.

Williamsburg vs. Mid Prairie (BCMoore Williamsburg -46.73)
- It will be interesting to see who wins by more CLGLR or Williamsburg. Both should roll. Can Mid Prairie and their big RB keep it close? Williamsburg to cover.

Reactions: MsideChief
central lyon zach luther will join harlans adrian hall at the university of iowa...cool to see iowa kids on their roster....rivals got them both 3 star, 5.6....though harlans hall had a bit more interest from big colleges

central lyon over clarinda.....not close

green county 22 west lyon 21......agree with usfhawf, west lyon coming out of a tough district, probably is
a slight favorite

osage 28 oabcig 24........close one, oabcig only lost to a good spirit lake team by 15...allmost picked them in this one.

spirit lake 38 clear lake 17....clear lake has had good teams in the past..but spirit lake will be too much to handle in this matchup

crestwood 26 waukon 21.....this is a tossup if crestwood can elminate mistakes...in regular season matchup..yardage equal, but crestwood had 2 fumbles..

walhert 28 west marshall 21......this is tough one to predict..i do think it will be close....

monticello 35 centerville 28...... monticello has better rushing attack

williamsburg 44 mid praire 7......a blow out maybe....seems like harlan played williamsburg a few times in playoffs?

Last edited:
Reactions: MsideChief
CLGLR vs. Clarinda (BCMoore CLGLR -42.88)
- Long road trip to face the #1 team in the state. I don't see Clarinda slowing down the CLGLR offense. Lutmer IMO is the top player in the state. Clarinda will need to slow him down and get alot of turnovers to make this one close. I would take CLGLR to cover.

Greene County vs. West Lyon (BCMoore WL -1.45)
- West Lyon with the long road trip here. Should be a good game. Evenly matched teams, but WL has seen much tougher schedule. This one might come down to turnovers. I would take WL to cover.

Osage vs. OABCIG (BCMoore Osage -10.14)
- Osage is a team that I haven't heard much about this year. Looks like their will be alot of passing in this one. Both of these teams will sling the ball around. Slight edge to OSAGE.

Spirit Lake vs. Clear Lake (BCMoore Spirit Lake -17.15)
- Battle of some young skill players. Both offenses are led by sophomores. Would give Spirit Lake a slight edge, but honestly don't know much about Clear Lake.

Waukon vs. Crestwood (BCMoore Waukon -2.98)
- Good matchup here. This one could go either way. Waukon definitely has tradition on their side, but are they as good as Waukon teams of the past? Waukon to cover.

West Marshall vs. Wahlert (BCMoore West Marshall -11.05)
- BCMoore's #3 vs #6. Looks like a great game based on rankings. 2 teams in the top 5 in scoring could be a shootout. Not familiar with either team so I will go with BCMoore, West Marshall slight edge.

Monticello vs. Centerville (BCMoore Monticello -7.48)
- Two of the lower ranked teams still alive. Monticello has a stud in Ries. Monticello BIG.

Williamsburg vs. Mid Prairie (BCMoore Williamsburg -46.73)
- It will be interesting to see who wins by more CLGLR or Williamsburg. Both should roll. Can Mid Prairie and their big RB keep it close? Williamsburg to cover.
I agree that both Central Lyon and Williamsburg win big. They are on a collision course for the championship in the dome IMO.
I would not be surprised if OABCIG gets the win.
West Lyon has had its share of long road trips that lead to a win. West Lyon in a close one.
Thanks for the analysis ronss and usfhawk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT