ADVERTISEMENT

2A Playoff Pick Em

Complete domination by the Lions tonight. From the opening kick Lions imposed their will. Wildcats put a decent drive together right before halftime got inside the 20 and were stopped on a 4th & 2. Lions took over on offense with under 30 to go and Graham Eben got the ball and took it 87 yards for a TD to go into half up 27-0. Huge swing and from that point forward the Lions rolled to a 42-7 victory. I cant wait to watch this team in the dome on the turf.

If I had to guess the Lions will get the 2 and get OABCIG. Two years ago so, Coopers senior year when the Lions and OABCIG made the finals, they were suppose to play the first week that year but Covid screwed that up. Be fun to make that game up in the dome but we will see.

After the Quarters heres how we stand:
MsideChief 22-6 went 3-1
Hooper2021 21-7 went 2-2
BlCoach80 21-7 went 2-2
PNation 21-7 went 3-1
HawkinWater 21-7 went 4-0
BGon4ND 20-8 went 3-1
Usfhawk 20-8 went 1-3
AllStateSnub8 18-6 no picks this week
Ronsss 8-4 went 3-1

Semi Final Matchups

#4 Wahlert Catholic, Dubuque (9-2) vs. #1 Williamsburg (11-0)

#3 OABCIG (10-1) vs. #2 Central Lyon/George-Little Rock (11-0)

Williamsburg
CLGLR

Would like to pick an upset here to gain points in the pickem contest, but I just don't see it happening with either of these two.

CLGLR- I expect this to be a really good game. Both teams are big play machines. OABCIG has lost 3 games the last 2 years, 2 to a state champ and avenged their other loss last week. Really good ball club. Lions will have to contain Beckett and tackle well.
Williamsburg- Wahlerts defense is pretty good but I think WIlliamsburgs is better. Possibly a low scoring affair here but Williamsburg will have a comfortable lead by the 4th quarter.

Reactions: MsideChief
Central Lyon QB is the best in the state at that position. They’re some really solid ones in 2A but he’s tops. Game isn’t over but don’t see CL losing. Top 2 teams all year will meet in the title.

MsideChief 24-6 went 2-0
Hooper2021 23-7 went 2-0
BlCoach80 23-7 went 2-0
PNation 23-7 went 2-0
HawkinWater 23-7 went 2-0
BGon4ND 21-9 went 1-1
Usfhawk 22-8 went 2-0
AllStateSnub8 18-6 no picks this week
Ronsss 8-4 no picks

tough break but pops should have pulled the starters like most coaches would at that stage in the game. Lutmer also looked gimpy late.
Just curious where your resentment comes from for CLGLR?

When Graham got hurt it was a 3 score game with around 10 minutes left. OABCIG is a big play team and could easily get 3 scores. Pulling the starters at that point in the game would have been a huge mistake. The coaching staff is not known for keeping their starters in to run up the score. In fact as a fan I've wished the starters would have stayed in longer in some games this year.

I have felt these were the best 2A teams in the state all year and here we are. Now they can prove who is the best. I would like to pick Williamsburg to have a chance to catch MisChief, but they have not been able to win the big game since 2017 with lots of semifinal appearances. I am going with Central Lyon in a fairly close game 20-14. If injuries come into play, Williamsburg could get the win, but I'm not betting on it. over

CLGLR 21-7 Under- I know your all probably shocked by that. Its unfortunate that both teams had a star player injured last week. I think both end up playing in a limited capacity but as they say "Onward". As has been mentioned these 2 teams have been on a collision course all year. Two really really good defenses going at it. The only real advantage I see for either is perhaps the size of CLGLRs line. With the speed the dline presents from Williamsburg I'm not sure how much of a factor that will play. Handful of D1 athletes on the field in this one should make for a heck of a ball game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT