ADVERTISEMENT

2a ALL-State teams

Is it true for an individual to be All State or on the 2nd team that your team had to play in the State playoffs (as in part of the final 8 teams)? I know that there were some excellent matches (along with solid players) going on in sub-state play and some teams did not make it out of sub-state.

No, that is not true, but your coach does have to be a member of the coaches association to get a vote. Problem most years is that most coaches don't return ballots, so tell your coaches to have the school sign them up and to turn in their ballots.

Since HawkeyeDenny was so certain that 'The Dawgs' were easily going to win state, this year, perhaps the entire 'Dawg' team should be 1st team all state.......because we all know that Hawkeyedenny knows so damn much about soccer...........

Find me one post where I or anyone else on here said Bett was easily going to win state...put up or shut up on this one until next year if you don't have an example.

HawkeyeDennis: You and the other posters,'Puppies' from Bett have been on here all season talking smack. Now, when Bettendorf bows out, early, in state, you're unwilling to admit you were wrong. That's just plain sad, but not surprising.

Dennis:

I don't have time to search your little myspace pages for your juvenile posts about 'the Dawgs'.

IOWA CITY WEST 1 Bettendorf 0

frosty, shut the feck up, Denny's not from Bettendorf he's from West you retard!

Denny=Waterloo West? any good?

Back to the topic
i mean, we all want to be on all state but for 1A/2A.....but for 1A, u know, i wanna be on the list.
i am one of the fastest players in the state, i got the skills to be all state, got a GREAT team, i score, i sometimes pass. just you guys dont really knwo my name yet.

Oh, now now DSlittle....Very Little Man. You know that your vocabulary is limited, but come on, calling someone a 'tard is so, so 20th century.
Not only have you shown you don't know jack shi. about soccer, now, you display that you are Special Ed? That is just sad....

Hawkeyedennis: How bout them Dawgies? LOL

SailorSoccer,
Your name is Kluck from Columbus and your not even that good. I'll give it to you, your fast. But like you said, you don't ever pass and your not a team player. So how do you expect to make an All-State team. Plus, there are two other players that are better then you on your high school team!

Kluck you're not good. I watched you play at state. You wouldn't be in the top 6 players for Norwalk. Everybody knows the All-State never has the best 11 players in the state.. just look at last year's team.
This post was edited on 6/14 2:20 PM by soccergod14if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I say sometimes pass because im a forward bud. i do pass the ball, but first i think..."hey this guy is slow ...i for sure can get around him." and i do. no one wants to guard me!!!

LC and SoccerrGOD?
how can you say im not good when you WATCHED me at state? i scored the only goal. i played pretty well. What team do you play for? whats your name?

Top 6 of norwalk? oh really? i guarentee id be top 2 on that team. itd be me and gabe somethin.
This post was edited on 6/14 9:30 PM by SailorSoccer#1if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

WOW.. not only do you run your mouth, but you really aren't that good. I've seen you play AND played against you. One point I do agree with you is the making the top 6 of Norwalk. I don't think you'd even see the field..

I wanna know where you guys are from....

and i didnt really understand waht you meant about the Norwalk thing? I am or not on the top 6? casue to me....you said the opposite of what you said.
This post was edited on 6/14 9:59 PM by SailorSoccer#1if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

i am confused soccer sailor. you think you are the best player on your team or one of the top. i was going to go to columbus but i moved fortunately. in waterloo/cedar falls area there is not any competitve soccer programs besides maybe CRSA that has produced very good players. i was decent at waterloo but moving to ankeny has opened up opportunities for me and other players around the metro because of all the clubs and the teams around here play alot, all year round in COMPETITIVE leagues. and please dont talk yourself up. its annoying. and i am absolutly positive that speed in soccer is not the greatest asset. get some good field vision. some finesse. and some leadership and maybe your team would not lose to a mediocre team in state.

Kluck, Im from Cedar Rapids, where there is REAL talent, unlike Waterloo. Are you planning on playing soccer next year at all? I'd love to see you try and play college ball!!

I have played CRSA Black/Red wahtever, Iowa City Revolution and some other?, Ankeny futbol' club, all the teams before. We won that snickers state cup long ago. CVYSA Vipers. they were purple. I actualy live in cedar falls if that changes your opinion.

I am a junior and i have been looked at from wartburg and upper iowa....so yeah i plan on playing high school soccer next year.

i think speed has a lot, but yeah your right...speed isnt everything btu it helps a lotttt, i can go in and out of the defence also, im not uncoordinated like someone who toe balls and all they can do is tackle the player to win a ball. you know? i do have field vision but no one is really ahead of me to see. idk what else you said. i mean, you could go on kcrg and look up xaviers 4th championship soemthin? click the video. first it has xavier then next is columbus scoring. since that team did go onto the championship i wouldnt say mediocre. yeah we shouldve won but we didnt and id do anythign to play that team again.
This post was edited on 6/15 5:55 PM by SailorSoccer#1if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 6/15 5:59 PM by SailorSoccer#1if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Kluck: i would love to see you try to get past Adamson, Michelson, or Van Horn of norwalk. Those are easily top players for nowalk and they are defenders. Not to mention norwalks offense with Cummings, Crall, and May. the tournament team captain eric may is a sophmore if u didnt catch that... oh ben smiley didnt get scored on the entire tournament, hes one norwalk's best. so no, u wouldnt fit in very well other then the bench.

but u will get all-state...

just because you scored a goal in the state tournament does not mean you should be all state. on our team we had reserves score our goals the first game but no way will they make first team. a goal is not necessarily hard to get if you have any clue what your doing. and you scored on Desinson Schleswig or whatever. no disrespect but they are not good at all and should have been demolished by Norwalk.

isnt that dan luce kid better then kluck to, it seemed like when i watched them play it was rausa and luce that lead the way for them.

the norwalk goalie is definately the weakest part of their team he better not get any all state recogniton. I think atleast five of norwalks players could get some all state recognition but their goalie is definately not in the top seven on there team. I know many coaches who said that their goalie was their weakest part of the team in there scouting report.

well, I doubt if Norwalk's goalie gets any all-state recognition since he only got 2nd team all-conference. Is all-state coming out soon? I'm tired of waiting to see who all made it.

If you ask me, the Norwalk goalie should have gotten 1st Team All-Conference. The Pella goalie thinks he's a lot better than he is, and spends way too much time on Iowapreps. State Champ > All-Conference

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT