ADVERTISEMENT

2022 1A Football Preseason

Any of my other 1A-D5 guys (or anyone else) hearing that Louisa-Muscatine may not play a varsity schedule this year?
Where there is smoke there is usually fire on things like this. For Mepo, Regina, WB, etc. If they play its one of those weeks that all kids can get the FNL feel. The Falcons are gonna be pretty bad.

Last edited:
L/M participation number is below 30. Not even sure if they are playing any FS games. A former WB players is their Def Coord. I wish him well.

L/M participation number is below 30. Not even sure if they are playing any FS games. A former WB players is their Def Coord. I wish him well.
So they’re going to play varsity only or not at all?

Wapello is at 29 per Varsity Bound if updated, have heard they may play varsity only.

I’ve heard West Burlington/Notre Dame is really low, too, but not confirmed. We’ll find out soon enough.

Last edited:
So they’re going to play varsity only or not at all?

Wapello is at 29 per Varsity Bound if updated, have heard they may play varsity only.

I’ve heard West Burlington/Notre Dame is really low, too, but not confirmed. We’ll find out soon enough.
LM has 35 and only 9 upperclassmen. My nephew is a sophomore player there. Says the varsity team is mostly sophomores.

LM has 35 and only 9 upperclassmen. My nephew is a sophomore player there. Says the varsity team is mostly sophomores.
Ouch, I hope they can get a season in. Looks like that may be just a couple more than they had last year.

I can confirm that both Wapello and West Burlington have cancelled their JV games with us, and we picked up Ft. Madison and Mt. Pleasant.

This cannot be allowed to happen at this point in the year, forfeits play hell with RPI calcs and beyond that it's really not fair to the other teams' players. Had they pulled the plug on the team last year when they couldn't complete their schedule, it would have allowed teams and opportunity to try to re-schedule someone in replacement.
What does “cannot be allowed to happen” mean? You either have the numbers or you don’t. And you never really know until at least camp starts. I mean, this is just an odd response.

Hearing the WB qb has a preseason injury that is season ending. If so, you can write them off.

back to the future GIF

Good news for WB the backup has played an entire season of varsity QB. So he'll be ready when called upon.
Good to hear. It’s good for iowa hs football to have traditional powers like WB strong annually. With the presence and threat of Henson, good qb play makes them a threat.

Reactions: EIHCGuy
Good to hear. It’s good for iowa hs football to have traditional powers like WB strong annually. With the presence and threat of Henson, good qb play makes them a threat.
With Tye Hughes at QB the Bears are gonna be a different squad than last season. He could throw for 2000 yards and Henson will run for 1500. Nice combo to have.

With Tye Hughes at QB the Bears are gonna be a different squad than last season. He could throw for 2000 yards and Henson will run for 1500. Nice combo to have.
I thought Hughes was out for the season? I am really confused.

What does “cannot be allowed to happen” mean? You either have the numbers or you don’t. And you never really know until at least camp starts. I mean, this is just an odd response.
You don't know until camp starts? I mean, I get that you don't know if you're going to have 34 or 36 on your roster. You should know at least in the spring, especially if you're trying to re-build a program from a down year(s).

and by allowed, I mean it's bad all around. It's bad for your district competitiors, it's bad for your parents and fans, and mostly for your kids.

Few programs have the luxry of looking at their juior high numbers and saying, "most these kids will be there," without having to continually shake the bushes, find the kids who may not be natural football kids, energize your returned, talk with the prior year dropouts, create an environment where kids want to come play.

It would be interesting to know, for the programs who have called off their season (or hinted they may not play a full season) how many of them are really working it, and how many have thrown up their hands. Not accusing anyone of anything here, just saying if what you're doing isn't working are you trying other things or just letting what happens, happen?

Umm…are you trolling? It’s already been stated there’s a lot of noise surrounding him being out. And the fact WB supporters are being quiet, speaks volumes. Are you calling bs here or trolling?

Down Under for a couple pre game so you guys can take the edge off?
Seems like a good idea. I'll have one. Gotta drive home after all. Was actually planning to head to watch Regina v WBurg. Could be a nice game. Sundown pregame?

Wanna meet in WB on Friday for the game? I live about 40 miles from there. Easy drive.

We can watch their not injured QB play and see who was really trolling.
I live even further away and have zero interest. Have fun though bud.

It's always tough when injuries occur, especially at smaller schools.

The kids will play hard no matter what. That's all you can ask.

any surprises from week 1? I’d say Western Christian may have had the best week with a win over West Lyon. Others?
Durant.
Nolan DeLong having a big night is not a surprise. But beating SK by 4 TD was a shocker to me.

Pretty impressive debut from the qb off the injury list. 3 scoop and scores? Wow WB had more points on scoop and score than Regina had total yards. Ughhh
He had an amazing recovery.
It was a good opening week for WB. Have alot to shore up to be ready for Columbus, and for the D5 schedule.

Regals will get better. They'll learn from every mistake or loss. That's what the best do.

any surprises from week 1? I’d say Western Christian may have had the best week with a win over West Lyon. Others?
Western Christian is a very good team. Great team speed and athleticism. Solid quarterback. They will give West Sioux a run for their money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT