ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Boy's Season

rc1963

Freshman
Aug 17, 2018
I know first practice is still something like 9 or 10 weeks away, but anyone have thoughts on the upcoming season?

Regina brings a 3-peat team back in 1A but lost a fair number of seniors. Greene County looks to be returning their powerful 1-2 punch from last year. Waterloo Columbus' leading goal scorer return for his senior season, with a strong sophomore in the supporting spot. Sioux Center returns a good number of State Tournament experienced players. West Liberty returns 8 of the 11 who played in at least 12 of their 13 games last season.

Lewis Central, Defending 2A Champions, look to be returning a bunch of talented seniors this year. Xavier return much of their Runner-up roster and is a program that always seems to have more in the pipeline. Gilbert has graduated much of their state semifinal squad - what do they have coming up? Hudson looks to have been hit pretty hard by graduation as well.

Waukee, Defending 3A Champs return a senior leading goal scorer and a sophomore who accounted for 11 goals and 4 assists last year as a Freshman. CR Wash lost a big chunk of their goal scoring experience from last year. Bettendorf, PV, West and Valley all look to be returning strong upper classmen. Will one of them challenge for a title this year?

Here's your chance to make your predictions BEFORE the polls are released!

Reactions: Pinehawk
Well, you're ready to go for the season! I like it.
This is a great run down. Well done. I haven't dug in as deep as I'd like to yet, but I agree with most everything you've noted.
Hopefully we'll get some good conversation in the thread this season. Looking forward to it.

Sadly, looks like soccer, tennis, track & girls golf will take it on the chin this year. Baseball and softball are still to be determined.

Sadly, looks like soccer, tennis, track & girls golf will take it on the chin this year. Baseball and softball are still to be determined.

I’m hoping they can just delay the start of the soccer season. Restrictions are scheduled to lift in time to leave a majority of the season intact at this point.

Yeah, let’s pray this doesn’t get pooched too...for a multitude of reasons!

not anymore

No. Not anymore. Very sad.
An entire season, lost. I feel terrible for the seniors across the state especially, but it is so disappointing for everyone.
Soccer, track and field, golf, tennis. Hundreds of hours of training spent for this season, playoff hopes and goals dashed. Scholarship opportunities missed, lasting memories taken away.
Kids only get four years to compete and they just lost an entire season of spring sports. Makes a tough time even harder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT