ADVERTISEMENT

2014 Boys Soccer

So Regina doesn't have the ability to compete at 2A...

Regina 4 Mt.Pleasant (2A) 0
Regina 1 Decorah\NFV (2A) 0
Regina 2 West Liberty (1A) 0
Regian 2 Dyersville (1A yet plays in the WaMac 2A dominated conference) 3 (2OT Shoot out)
Regina 3 Assumption (2A) 1
Regina 3 Solon (2A) 0
Regina 2 Davenport Central (3A) 0

Looks like they do just fine with top 1A programs, 2A programs and 3A programs.

Let's not ruin this thread with talk of who people think should play where. There are plenty of other threads for that discussion.
Regina is a 1A sized school. They have a great tradition is soccer which is likely to continue from the interest in the program that I see.

I'm interested in the highest quality of soccer that we can get (across all classes in the State). And, we're lucky to have some great programs that place kids onto college level (and even MLS) teams. I hope that continues and gets even better.

Rose Risplinger who will play at Iowa next season just scored her 100th career goal yesterday. An impressive accomplishment.

Tonight:
10-1 Linn-Mar travels to 11-0 IC West.
Iowa City heads to CR Jefferson.
CR Washington plays at CR Xavier.

Thursday:
IC Regina heads to Bettendorf in what should be a great game.
Monticello goes to Mid-Prairie
Johnston goes to W. Des Moines Valley

This post was edited on 5/6 2:20 PM by Pinehawk

Originally posted by Pinehawk:
Let's not ruin this thread with talk of who people think should play where. There are plenty of other threads for that discussion.
Regina is a 1A sized school. They have a great tradition is soccer which is likely to continue from the interest in the program that I see.

I'm interested in the highest quality of soccer that we can get (across all classes in the State). And, we're lucky to have some great programs that place kids onto college level (and even MLS) teams. I hope that continues and gets even better.

Rose Risplinger who will play at Iowa next season just scored her 100th career goal yesterday. An impressive accomplishment.
Um okay, you started the class talk...

Rose Ripslinger scored 3 vs Solon the other night - she is an outstanding player.

Uh, no Warrior did.

9-1 Beckman plays 8-2 Central Clinton, Dewitt tonight.

Vroom, you completely misread what I wrote I think. Regina is far too good every year to play 1A soccer come state tournament time, so they are a very top heavy team now in 3 classes. However, they are definitely good enough to compete every year in the 3 class structure in 2A. My post reflected on their geographic location and how it would benefit 2A by getting Regina there instead of some of the previous teams who have represented the region in 2A over the years after going to 3 classes.

Interested to see how they match up with Bettendorf! Lots of good matches out east this week.

Beckman defeats Central Clinton, Dewitt 3-1. Beckman is very good this year once again.

IC West keeps their winning streak alive with a 1-0 win over a very good Linn-Mar team.

Iowa City High defeated CR Jeff 2-0

CR Xavier beat CR Washington 1-0.

West Liberty beats Monticello 6-2. West Liberty will be tough in the playoffs.

Bettendorf easily defeated a pretty good North Scott team 4-1.

This post was edited on 5/7 10:17 AM by Pinehawk

Originally posted by \/\/arriorSoccer:
Vroom, you completely misread what I wrote I think. Regina is far too good every year to play 1A soccer come state tournament time, so they are a very top heavy team now in 3 classes. However, they are definitely good enough to compete every year in the 3 class structure in 2A. My post reflected on their geographic location and how it would benefit 2A by getting Regina there instead of some of the previous teams who have represented the region in 2A over the years after going to 3 classes.

Interested to see how they match up with Bettendorf! Lots of good matches out east this week.
Wasn't responding to your post on Regina's ability to compete - that was more towards Pinehawk. Yes, Regina would have not issues competing at the 2A level year-in-year-out.

Does it make sense to the state for Regina to be in 2A? Yeah they would consistently be the 5th-8th best team.
Does it make sense to Regina to be in 2A? Probably not if they like winning championships. There is no way they are going to make it through a 3 game tournament and come out on top in a 2A field that is usually 2-4 team top heavy. At least I don't see it. If they can get a result against a decent Bettendorf team tonight maybe I'll eat my words.

I heard somewhere Dubuque wahlert has a 21 year old head coach. That has to be quite the challenge for such a young guy to step in to the toughest conference in the state. Anyone have some info on this? I see they're having a down year.

IC west continues to live on the edge these past few games with narrow victories and late game heroics. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get caught before the regular season ends. A loss might even be good for them.

I think it's going to be a 3 team race for the 3A championship between Johnston, IC city, IC west. While Linn-Mar and CR Washington are good I don't think they have the depth to win 3 games in 3 straight hot summer days. Kennedy has the talent and depth but for some reason haven't been able to get their offense going most of the year. They are my dark horse.

In 2A I have Xavier, spencer, Norwalk, shellrock finishing in that order. And 1A Regina vs Beckman in the final which should be a great one.

3A 9th ranked Bettendorf defeats IC Regina in Bettendorf tonight 1-0 on a second half header that found the back of the net.

Interesting result. I peeked quick this morning at QuikStats and it says Bettendorf GK had 4 saves. Doesn't list their shot count though. How close was it outside of 1-0 result?

Some big 3A matchups tonight!

Ankeny @ Ankeny Centennial
Iowa City, West @ Cedar Rapids, Kennedy
Iowa City, City High @ Cedar Rapids, Washington
Cedar Rapids, Jefferson @ Prairie, Cedar Rapids
Waukee @ Southeast Polk

I wasn't able to go to the game but found this from the Press Citizen:

The Bettendorf boys soccer team scored late in the second half to defeat Regina 1-0 Tuesday in Bettendorf.
Regina coach Rick Larew noted Bettendorf's advantage in transition offense. The contest was between two highly-ranked teams. Bettendorf is No. 9 in Class 3A, while Regina is No. 2 in Class 1A.
Regina is 8-2.

Tomorrow, May 13 at 5:00 pm Iowa City City High plays Iowa City West at the U of I soccer field. Should be a great game to attend. Hopefully we get good weather.
Week 5 rankings have IC West at #1 in Class 3A and City High at #3.
West comes into the game with a 33 game winning streak on the line.

City dominates the possession in the first half and out shoots West 12-2, but it remains scoreless.

City scores with 1!!!! Second left in the game. A long range left footed curling shot into the top left corner. Incredible!

I've linked the article about the City High vs. West High game last night.

"Tribbey, a junior defender for City High, dribbled down the middle of the field and fired a shot from about 30 yards out and into the net as time expired for a 1-0 Little Hawks' victory. The victory ended top-ranked West's 33-game winning streak over two seasons and drew the fourth-ranked Little Hawks into a tie with West atop the Mississippi division of the MVC."

And, check out the KCRG-TV9 page for a recap of the game and a video clip of the game winning shot.

http://www.kcrg.com/sports

One second left...

Wow, what a great result in Iowa City.

---
In 2A:

Norwalk 1
Pella 0
FT

Goal from Steenhoek. Brings his tally to 16 goals/3 assists on the year.

Match was played in Pella. Norwalk had 23 shots, 12 on target. Pella's QuikStats listed 2 shots, Norwalk listed 0 saves.

Norwalk Freshman Kason Crall has amassed a very impressive 2 goals and 9 assists on the year. Kason will be a fantastic player.

Pinehawk and maybe some others that made it to the game,

What was the story behind the city vs west game last night? It's hard to imagine a IC west high team get outshot so bad. Good for that tribbey kid...unbelievable shot in such a big situation.

Also how many people were at the game? I know in past years when the game was later in the night they've gotten close to 2000 spectators but it looked a little less on the news for yesterday's game.

City really dominated possession and scoring chances in the first half. Wind really wasn't even a factor. It seemed like West really only mounted a few offensive pushes. City had a couple of shots go off the post as well. I think shots were 12-2 City and corners were around 4-1 for City.

Second half was a different story. West played much better and probably had the better scoring chances. Shots in the second half were probably even. At one point West finally broke free on a nice through ball, but the City keeper charged out and made a huge save off of his face. Both keepers played very well. And, the game was really well played all around. It was a fast and physical game and nobody really made any glaring mistakes.

During the last five minutes, the action was incredible. End to end offensive surges for each team as things loosened up and both teams looked for a winner. The kid that scored the winning goal had been sent off on a yellow card with about 14 minutes to go. He returned to the game with just a couple of minutes to play. I guess he typically plays as a central defender, but his coach moved him up top in the last two minutes because of his size. It paid off, but in the form of a laser beam of a shot.
The crowd absolutely exploded when the ball went into the net. Only in high school soccer are you going to actually have a chance for a 'last second' shot since there is no 'added time'.

The crowd was big. Probably not as big as the City vs. West game from last year. The game started at 5 pm (7 pm last year), so it was tough to get there right after work. It was also a little chilly. But, the bleachers were mostly full and there were a ton of people on the hill surrounding the bleachers. Lots of students were there as well as a big showing by the local Club soccer teams ISC and Iowa City Alliance. The kid that scored the winning goal was an Iowa City Alliance player.

Just a great game overall. I hope we get a rematch in the playoffs. It seems like Johnston might be the only other 3A team that might have a chance to beat either of these two teams in the playoffs.

Wow, that rivalry is nuts. Even when there is a team thats not supposed to be that good it always seems like those two play an amazing game. I can remember hearing about how they went in to pks for like 4-5 years straight at one point, crazy. I also went to the game last year and I was blown away by how many people went. I'd say almost twice as many as any state final I've ever seen.

Yeah I think you're right. I think Johnston may have the upper hand on both teams if they're all not even. The purple dragons have the gatorade player of the year, Gavling or something, going to drake. And their stud sophomore Elvir is a goal machine. Theyve been absolutely rolling in the CIML it looks like as well. The state tournament is going to be phenomenal this year in my opinion. Other than the game the souix city team plays in per usual... Some interesting looking substates as well.

This Saturday 3A 10th ranked Pleasant Valley travels to 1A #2 ranked Iowa City Regina. The game is at noon.
Should be a great game. Pleasant Valley comes in with an 11 match winning streak and having only lost to IC West and Linn-Mar this season.

Regina finishes with two very tough games to get ready for the State playoffs, home to Pleasant Valley and then on the road at 3A #15 Muscatine.

Pleasant Valley defeats Regina 2-0. I wasn't able to see the game, but PV has been playing very well.

...Updated with link to Press-Citizen article about the game.
This post was edited on 5/19 8:36 AM by Pinehawk

Regina vs. Pleasant Valley

Norwalk 4
Oskaloosa 0
FT

Norwalk wins the Little Hawkeye Conference out right, conceding 2 goals in conference play. Finishes up the regular season vs. DM Lincoln.

Any other news from around the state? Some pretty rough storms going on tonight for some parts.

I'll put this in this thread so it gets the attention it deserves...

Rose Ripslinger of Davenport Assumption was named the Gatorade State Soccer Player of the Year...for the fourth year in a row, a first in the award's history. Very impressive and it's great that she'll be attending the University of Iowa to play her collegiate soccer.

THE WINNER[/B]: Rose Ripslinger
THE BASICS[/B]
School[/B]: Assumption (Davenport, Iowa)
Grade[/B]: Senior
Position[/B]: Forward
Height[/B]: 5-foot-5
Athletic achievement[/B]: The three-time returning Gatorade Player of the Year, she has led the Knights to an 11-2 record entering this week's regular-season game against Bettendorf High, scheduled for May 20.Ripslinger scored 15 goals and passed for nine assists through 11 games, missing a pair of contests to compete in the Drake Relays, and had recorded 104 goals and 50 assists in her prep soccer career. A three-time Class 1A First Team All-State selection, she is the first soccer player of either gender to earn the Gatorade State Soccer Player of the Year award four times in the award's 29-year history.

Player of the Year

IC Regina finishes their regular season with a big road win over 3A Muscatine prevailing in the PK shoot out to win 2-1.

First round playoff games begin tonight:

Tuesday (05/27/2014):[/B]

Scheduled Games: (not yet scored)[/B]

CLASS 1A:
Gilbert @ Garner-Hayfield/Ventura (at Ames High School)
Nevada @ Clear Lake (at Ames High School)
Benton Community @ Anamosa (at Benton Community High School)
Iowa Falls-Alden @ Columbus Catholic, Waterloo (at Columbus Catholic, Waterloo High School)
Denver @ Center Point-Urbana (at Denver High School)
Wapello @ Columbus Community, Columbus Junction (at Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison)
Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison @ Central Lee, Donnellson (at Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison)
Iowa Mennonite, Kalona @ Chariton (at Iowa Mennonite School)
Kuemper Catholic, Carroll @ Bondurant-Farrar (at Kuemper Catholic, Carroll)
Northeast, Goose Lake @ Marquette Catholic, Bellevue (at Marquette Catholic, Bellevue High School (Dubuque Soccer Complex))
Notre Dame, Burlington @ Mediapolis (at Notre Dame, Burlington)
Williamsburg @ Pella Christian (at Pella Christian High School)
Monticello @ Postville (at Postville High School)
Underwood @ St. Albert, Council Bluffs (at St. Albert, Council Bluffs High School)
Missouri Valley @ A-H-S-T, Avoca (at Treynor High School)
Tri-Center, Neola @ Treynor (at Treynor High School)
Trinity Christian High School @ Alta-Aurelia (at Unity Christian High School)
Western Christian, Hull @ Unity Christian, Orange City (at Unity Christian High School)
North Polk, Alleman @ Nodaway Valley (at West Central Valley, Stuart)
West Central Valley, Stuart @ Atlantic (at West Central Valley, Stuart)
Highland, Riverside @ Cedar Valley Christian School (at West Liberty High Schol)
Prince of Peace Prep, Clinton @ West Liberty (at West Liberty High School)

CLASS 2A:
Solon @ Assumption, Davenport (at Assumption, Davenport High School)
Winterset @ Creston (at Creston High School)
Harlan @ Carroll (at Denison-Schleswig High School)
Sergeant Bluff-Luton @ Denison-Schleswig (at Denison-Schleswig High School)
West Delaware, Manchester @ Wahlert, Dubuque (at Dubuque, Senior High School)
Humboldt @ CAL, Latimer (at Humboldt High School)
Vinton-Shellsburg @ Independence (at Independence High School)
Keokuk @ Fort Madison (at Keokuk High School)
Centerville @ Carlisle (at Knoxville High School)
Oskaloosa @ Knoxville (at Knoxville High School)
Mount Vernon @ Maquoketa (at Maquoketa High School)
PCM, Monroe @ Newton (at PCM, Monroe High School)
Storm Lake @ Spirit Lake (at Storm Lake High School)
Grinnell @ Ballard (at Urbandale High School)
Washington @ Mount Pleasant (at Washington High School)
South Tama County, Tama @ Webster City (at Webster City High School)

CLASS 3A:
Des Moines, East @ Ankeny (at Ankeny High School)
Fort Dodge @ Boone (at Boone High School)
Mason City @ Cedar Falls (at Cedar Falls High School (Cedar Valley Soccer Complex))
Cedar Rapids, Jefferson @ Burlington (at Cedar Rapids, Jefferson (Lower Kingston Stadium Field))
Dubuque, Hempstead @ Clinton (at Clinton High School)
Lewis Central @ Council Bluffs, Thomas Jefferson (at Council Bluffs, Thomas Jefferson High School)
North Scott, Eldridge @ Davenport, West (at Davenport, Central High School (Brady Street))
Davenport, North @ Davenport, Central (at Davenport, Central High School (Brady Street))
Des Moines, North @ Des Moines, Hoover (at Des Moines, Hoover High School)
Des Moines, Roosevelt @ Des Moines, Abraham Lincoln (at Des Moines, Roosevelt High School (Cownie Soccer Complex))
Epworth, Western Dubuque @ Dubuque, Senior (at Dubuque Senior High School)
Marshalltown @ Indianola (at Marshalltown High School)
Ottumwa @ Muscatine (at Muscatine High School (Muscatine Soccer Complex))
Sioux City, North @ Sioux City, East (at Sioux City, North High School)
Urbandale @ Dowling Catholic, West Des Moines (at Urbandale High School)
Waterloo, West @ Waterloo, East (at Waterloo, West High School (Sloane-Wallace Stadium))

Second round playoff soccer games are tonight:

Thursday (05/29/2014):[/B]

CLASS 1A:
Williamsburg @ Albia (at Albia High School)
Anamosa vs. Beckman Catholic, Dyersville @ Beckman Catholic, Dyersville High School
Bondurant-Farrar vs. Des Moines Christian @ Cownie Soccer Complex
Clear Lake vs. Columbus Catholic, Waterloo @ Gladbrook-Reinbeck High School
Gilbert vs. Gladbrook-Reinbeck @ Gladbrook-Reinbeck High School
Columbus Community, Columbus Junction vs. Notre Dame, Burlington @ Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison
Central Lee, Donnellson vs. Danville @ Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison
Chariton vs. Mid-Prairie, Wellman @ Mid-Prairie High School
Trinity Christian High School vs. MOC-Floyd Valley @ MOC-FV High School
Postville vs. Denver @ Postville High School
Highland, Riverside vs. Regina, Iowa City @ Regina, Iowa City High School
St. Albert, Council Bluffs vs. Tri-Center, Neola @ Riverside, Oakland High School
A-H-S-T, Avoca vs. Riverside, Oakland @ Riverside, Oakland High School
West Central Valley, Stuart vs. North Polk, Alleman @ West Central Valley, Stuart
West Liberty vs. Marquette Catholic, Bellevue @ West Liberty High School
Western Christian, Hull @ West Sioux, Hawarden (at West Sioux High School)

CLASS 2A:
Knoxville @ ADM, Adel (at A-D-M High School)
Storm Lake @ Bishop Heelan Catholic, Sioux City (at Bishop Heelan Catholic, Sioux City High School)
Maquoketa vs. Central Clinton, DeWitt @ Central Clinton, DeWitt High School
Keokuk vs. Clear Creek-Amana @ Clear Creek-Amana High School
Harlan vs. Dallas Center-Grimes @ Dallas Center-Grimes High School
Wahlert, Dubuque @ Decorah (at Decorah High School)
Washington @ Fairfield (at Fairfield High School)
Creston @ Glenwood (at Glenwood High School)
Webster City @ Hudson (at Hudson High School)
Assumption, Davenport @ Marion (at Marion High School)
Centerville vs. Norwalk @ Norwalk High School
Grinnell vs. Pella @ Pella High School
Newton @ Perry (at Perry High School)
Denison-Schleswig vs. Spencer @ Spencer High School
Humboldt vs. Waverly-Shell Rock @ Waverly Shell Rock High School
Independence vs. Xavier, Cedar Rapids @ Xavier, Cedar Rapids High School

CLASS 3A:
Urbandale @ Ames (at Ames High School)
Des Moines, Abraham Lincoln @ Ankeny Centennial (at Ankeny Centennial High School)
Waterloo, West @ Cedar Rapids, Kennedy (at Cedar Rapids, Kennedy High School (Kingston Stadium))
Cedar Falls vs. Cedar Rapids, Washington @ Cedar Rapids, Washington High School (Kingston Stadium)
Davenport, Central vs. Iowa City, City High @ Iowa City, City High School
Cedar Rapids, Jefferson vs. Iowa City, West @ Iowa City, West High School
Fort Dodge vs. Johnston @ Johnston High School
Dubuque, Hempstead vs. Linn-Mar, Marion @ Linn-Mar High School
Dubuque, Senior @ Bettendorf (at Pleasant Valley High School)
Davenport, West @ Pleasant Valley (at Pleasant Valley High School)
Muscatine @ Prairie, Cedar Rapids (at Prairie, Cedar Rapids High School)
Council Bluffs, Thomas Jefferson vs. Sioux City, West @ Sioux City, West High School
Sioux City, North @ Council Bluffs, Abraham Lincoln (at Sioux City, West High School)
Marshalltown @ Southeast Polk (at Southeast Polk High School (Spring Creek Soccer Complex))
Ankeny vs. Valley, West Des Moines @ Valley, West Des Moines High School
Des Moines, Hoover vs. Waukee @ Waukee High School

What a night in 2A! Pella loses in 2OT and DCG goes down.

CLASS 1A:
Albia 7, Williamsburg 1
Beckman Catholic, Dyersville 7, Anamosa 0
Bondurant-Farrar 3, Des Moines Christian 2 (2OT/PK)
Clear Lake 7, Columbus Catholic, Waterloo 0
Columbus Community, Columbus Junction 3, Notre Dame, Burlington 0
Gladbrook-Reinbeck 2, Gilbert 0
MOC-Floyd Valley 9, Trinity Christian High School 1
Mid-Prairie, Wellman 7, Chariton 0
Postville 2, Denver 1
Regina, Iowa City 5, Highland, Riverside 0
Riverside, Oakland 5, A-H-S-T, Avoca 0
St. Albert, Council Bluffs 2, Tri-Center, Neola 1
West Central Valley, Stuart 2, North Polk, Alleman 0
West Liberty 2, Marquette Catholic, Bellevue 1
West Sioux, Hawarden 4, Western Christian, Hull 1

CLASS 2A:
ADM, Adel 1, Knoxville 0
Assumption, Davenport 2, Marion 1
Bishop Heelan Catholic, Sioux City 4, Storm Lake 1
Central Clinton, DeWitt 1, Maquoketa 0
Clear Creek-Amana 3, Keokuk 1
Fairfield 5, Washington 2
Glenwood 2, Creston 1
Grinnell 2, Pella 1 (2OT/PK)
Harlan 1, Dallas Center-Grimes 0

Hudson 2, Webster City 1 (2OT)
Norwalk 6, Centerville 0
Perry 3, Newton 0
Spencer 2, Denison-Schleswig 1
Wahlert, Dubuque 2, Decorah 0
Waverly-Shell Rock 9, Humboldt 0
Xavier, Cedar Rapids 7, Independence 0

CLASS 3A:
Ames 4, Urbandale 1
Ankeny Centennial 4, Des Moines, Abraham Lincoln 0
Bettendorf 3, Dubuque, Senior 0
Cedar Rapids, Kennedy 7, Waterloo, West 0
Cedar Rapids, Washington 4, Cedar Falls 0
Iowa City, City High 6, Davenport, Central 0
Iowa City, West 7, Cedar Rapids, Jefferson 0
Johnston 5, Fort Dodge 1
Linn-Mar, Marion 1, Dubuque, Hempstead 0
Pleasant Valley 10, Davenport, West 1
Prairie, Cedar Rapids 2, Muscatine 1 (2OT/PK)
Sioux City, North 6, Council Bluffs, Abraham Lincoln 0
Sioux City, West 4, Council Bluffs, Thomas Jefferson 0
Southeast Polk 3, Marshalltown 1
Valley, West Des Moines 4, Ankeny 1
Waukee 1, Des Moines, Hoover 0 (OT)

The winners on Saturday earn the right to move on to the State Tournament.
There are some great 3A match ups that could go either way.

Saturday (05/31/2014):[/B]

CLASS 1A:
Beckman Catholic, Dyersville vs. Postville @ Beckman Catholic, Dyersville High School
Gladbrook-Reinbeck vs. Clear Lake @ Gladbrook-Reinbeck High School
Danville vs. Columbus Community, Columbus Junction @ Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison
Mid-Prairie, Wellman vs. Albia @ Mid-Prairie High School
MOC-Floyd Valley vs. West Sioux, Hawarden @ MOC-FV High School
Regina, Iowa City vs. West Liberty @ Regina, Iowa City High School
Riverside, Oakland vs. St. Albert, Council Bluffs @ Riverside, Oakland High School
Bondurant-Farrar vs. West Central Valley, Stuart @ West Central Valley, Stuart

CLASS 2A:
Central Clinton, DeWitt vs. Assumption, Davenport @ Central Clinton, DeWitt High School
Clear Creek-Amana vs. Fairfield @ Clear Creek-Amana High School
Harlan vs. Glenwood @ Glenwood High School
Norwalk vs. ADM, Adel @ Norwalk High School
Grinnell vs. Perry @ Pella High School
Spencer vs. Bishop Heelan Catholic, Sioux City @ Spencer High School
Waverly-Shell Rock vs. Hudson @ Waverly-Shell Rock High School
Xavier, Cedar Rapids vs. Wahlert, Dubuque @ Xavier, Cedar Rapids, High School

CLASS 3A:
Cedar Rapids, Washington vs. Cedar Rapids, Kennedy @ Cedar Rapids, Washington High School (Kingston Stadium)
Iowa City, City High vs. Pleasant Valley @ Iowa City, City High School
Iowa City, West vs. Prairie, Cedar Rapids @ Iowa City, West High School
Johnston vs. Southeast Polk @ Johnston High School
Linn-Mar, Marion vs. Bettendorf @ Linn-Mar High School
Sioux City, West vs. Sioux City, North @ Sioux City, West High School
Valley, West Des Moines vs. Ankeny Centennial @ Valley, West Des Moines High School
Waukee vs. Ames @ Waukee High School

CLASS 1A:
Beckman Catholic, Dyersville vs. Postville @ Beckman Catholic, Dyersville High School
Danville vs. Columbus Community, Columbus Junction @ Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison
Riverside, Oakland vs. St. Albert, Council Bluffs @ Riverside, Oakland High School

CLASS 2A:
Central Clinton, DeWitt vs. Assumption, Davenport @ Central Clinton, DeWitt High School

CLASS 3A:
Cedar Rapids, Washington vs. Cedar Rapids, Kennedy @ Cedar Rapids, Washington High School (Kingston Stadium)
Valley, West Des Moines vs. Ankeny Centennial @ Valley, West Des Moines High School

CLASS 1A:

CLASS 2A:

CLASS 3A:

CLASS 1A:

CLASS 2A:

CLASS 3A:

This post was edited on 5/30 2:23 PM by Pinehawk

Valley beats Centennial in a thrilling 2 OT/PK match at Valley Stadium on Saturday 3-2. Teams were evenly matched although Centennial seemed to be more aggressive on offense throughout the contest. Both teams played very hard and it is a shame that one of them had to lose. Little disappointed in how the match ended with a Valley player displaying poor sportsmanship prior to a PK by one of Centennial's players.I hope the Valley coach disciplines him for his actions.

Both Beckman and IC Regina escape overtime scares in their final substate games.

You've got to feel a bit bad for West Liberty. They are a State caliber team. Ranked #5 in 1A in the most recent poll and only lost to three teams all season; Regina, 2A Davenport Assumption and 3A Muscatine.
Put them in any other 1A district and there is a very good chance they would be back in Des Moines this Thursday.

IC West returns to State for the 15th straight year. IC City High makes it back as well.
Another great showing from the IC/CR area with IC Regina, Mid-Prairie, Xavier, Clear Creek, City High, Linn-Mar, West High and CR Washington all reaching the State Tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT