ADVERTISEMENT

1st Week XC Meets???????

se xc1

Varsity
Oct 20, 2007
I am looking to enter our school in a meet that first week, can I get some info on who host meets that week? Thanks!

I cant recall if Eldora did or not that week, it usually is the first meet of the year for a lot of the schools nearby.

Thank you, I believe that is run on a Thursday of the 2nd week of meets and we run Tuesday in Webster City that week. I appreciate the info.

The Dutch go to CR Prairie's meet the first Saturday of the season. I like Saturday morning meets especially early in the season to avoid some heat issues. They also run a 4K distance for the freshman/sophomores boys if you wish to shorten their first race. This can be helpful for some rookies, while others who are ready for 5K can simply run the JV race.

Just another early season thought, I loved when SE Polk would run their first meet of the year with only one race per gender. Early in the season I think it can be an excellent experience for the entire team to run together and not separate "Varsity" and "Junior Varsity". We are considering this at the Dutch Invitational this season. This can also help possible heat related concerns creating a shorter competition day overall.

IMS also has and early bird meet the first week. CR Prairie is a tough first meet - lots of good teams!

Rumors Southeast Valley (Prairie Valley/Southeast Webster) are hosting a meet in Gowrie on Thursday, August 28th. This is where Manson use to host a meet, but apparently has cancelled the meet this year. Don't know if anybody can confirm this or not.

I can tell you that I received an email that they were looking to see if there would be interest in attending this meet, I said that we would be. I really hope this comes through. Thx

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT