ADVERTISEMENT

1A State Tournament

Who does everyone have in what should be a great game today? North Linn's quality cannot be denied but I like the swagger Montezuma is playing with right now. They willed themselves to two wins in Des Moines already and I will pick them to get a third.

Montezuma, really like their style of play

I don’t think Montezuma is the best team in 1a, but I think they are the best right now and that’s all that matters. I’ll take Monte in an OT thriller

Who does everyone have in what should be a great game today? North Linn's quality cannot be denied but I like the swagger Montezuma is playing with right now. They willed themselves to two wins in Des Moines already and I will pick them to get a third.
I’ll take north linn. Montezuma is good but haven’t played a defense like north linn yet. Would not be surprised though if montezuma shoots well and pulls it out though.

What a way to start Championship Friday! Montezuma does just enough to hang on for the win. I really thought North Linn was going to get take the lead the way the 4th was going. Montezuma earned it though, three really hard fought wins.

You are absolutely right they deserved it. What I cannot believe is how much Shearer complains in a game. My god he should have gotten another technical late in the game. Why do officials continue to let him talk to other players and the officials. He should watch a 4A game and see how other great players like Devries, Lipsey, and others conduct themselves. They don't throw their hands up on every play and bitch about every call. But other than that they were the best team this week and congrats to them.

Reactions: Anonymous2003
I loved seeing Montezuma win this game. Hometown kids who worked their tails off. No transfers. You could see the emotion right after winning it for their town. Great football team. These guys play multiple sports. Shearer might complain and talk but he backs it up. He plays hard. Don’t mind watching him, you can tell he wants to win.

You are absolutely right they deserved it. What I cannot believe is how much Shearer complains in a game. My god he should have gotten another technical late in the game. Why do officials continue to let him talk to other players and the officials. He should watch a 4A game and see how other great players like Devries, Lipsey, and others conduct themselves. They don't throw their hands up on every play and bitch about every call. But other than that they were the best team this week and congrats to them.
Totally agree with that. Honestly quite disgusting the way refs let him talk, pretty disappointing when he’s such a good player, no need for that.

I loved seeing Montezuma win this game. Hometown kids who worked their tails off. No transfers. You could see the emotion right after winning it for their town. Great football team. These guys play multiple sports. Shearer might complain and talk but he backs it up. He plays hard. Don’t mind watching him, you can tell he wants to win.
absolutely he is a great player, but his actions on the court are as bad as I have seen in years.

Shearer is a great player because of his fiery demeanor not in spite of it. I'm not going to fault a kid for being overly competitive. Everyone has a different personality and while his might rub some the wrong way I don't think he could play any different. Besides, I doubt he cares what a bunch of random people on the internet think of him while he celebrates his state championship.

Shearer is a great player because of his fiery demeanor not in spite of it. I'm not going to fault a kid for being overly competitive. Everyone has a different personality and while his might rub some the wrong way I don't think he could play any different. Besides, I doubt he cares what a bunch of random people on the internet think of him while he celebrates his state championship.
Not saying he isn’t great or anything dude I think we all understand the kid is good at basketball just saying he bitches to the refs and gets away with it and that doesn’t take away from the player he is. Complaining about every call is not a personality trait lol. You can be competitive without all the extra stuff.

Not saying he isn’t great or anything dude I think we all understand the kid is good at basketball just saying he bitches to the refs and gets away with it and that doesn’t take away from the player he is. Complaining about every call is not a personality trait lol. You can be competitive without all the extra stuff.
And I think complaining because a kid you don't know doesn't confirm to how a random person on the internet wants them to behave during a basketball game is a crappy thing to do. If the refs have a problem they will T him up, as they did in the semis. He talks during the game. It is a part of how he plays. Big deal.

And I think complaining because a kid you don't know doesn't confirm to how a random person on the internet wants them to behave during a basketball game is a crappy thing to do. If the refs have a problem they will T him up, as they did in the semis. He talks during the game. It is a part of how he plays. Big deal.
Bro I’m not complaining and stop making it such a big deal and not saying he’s a bad person at all lol. Just bitches to the refs too much, I’m not sure how you could argue that whatsoever. Dude got his way with the refs on every call and whined and complained about everything.

Count me in the group not a fan of how Shearer conducts himself on the court. I'm all about competitiveness but there's a line. Especially not a good look, IMO, when he's on the IHSAA student advisory committee

Bro I’m not complaining and stop making it such a big deal and not saying he’s a bad person at all lol. Just bitches to the refs too much, I’m not sure how you could argue that whatsoever. Dude got his way with the refs on every call and whined and complained about everything.
We should fear and love God so that we do not tell lies about our neighbor, betray him, slander him, or hurt his reputation, but defend him, speak well of him, and explain everything in the kindest way. - Luther's Small Catechism

I try to live according to this and always defend and speak kind of others. I get why people might not like some of what he does on the court. He talks a lot to the refs. It doesn't bother me but I get why it might others. I'm just not a fan of publicly criticizing him for it. I guess I believe if you can't say something nice about someone don't say anything at all.

Dang...called them all right except the championship. Congrats to Montezuma! That was a phenomenal championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT