ADVERTISEMENT

1A semis predictions

Anonymous111

Freshman
Jun 27, 2018
Let’s hear your take and score predictions on the last game before the state title. 4 interesting teams and 2 interesting games

Montezuma vs. Garrigan for the title. Monte wins by eight.

Busy two weeks for Garrigan boys and girls fans!!

Wapsie by 5 over Monte. Kiks is too much to handle inside and Wapsie can pressure the Monte guards on the perimeter.

Garrigan by 9 over West Fork. Winkel will wear them down and West Fork shooting will not keep them in this one.

Very entertaining 1A tourney this year finally. Balanced and felt like anyone could have won it.

My predictions are so bad, I don't know why I continue to make them. With that said:

Monte 63 Wapsie Valley 50--Monte continues to shoot the ball well and spread the floor. WV keeps it close for a while, but Monte is on a roll.

West Fork 51 Garrigan 49--West Fork hangs around and wins it in the 4th quarter. Winkel is a load but WF is able to contain him just enough to win.

Reactions: RJV2324
I decline to predict in respect for myself in saving from embarrassment for a second time. This is how small school ball is supposed to be. Great games, anyone can win down there. Love it.

Reactions: RJV2324
I decline to predict in respect for myself in saving from embarrassment for a second time. This is how small school ball is supposed to be. Great games, anyone can win down there. Love it.
Haha it’s hard to predict when there’s parity for once!:D Montezuma v WV is the most interesting of the two games. Both have strengths that are weaknesses of the other team. No one can guard Try and no one can guard Kiks. AG vs WF will be a fun higher scoring game. I’ll take Garrigan by a 5. The pace of the game will be slower then the springville game and you cannot beat them in a half court game

Wapsie valley vs montezuma could play out a number of ways because wapsie has the athletes on the perimeter to maybe keep up with the tremendous monte back court also there 6’7 big will be a problem. but monte is on a roll and will win I believe 62-54

Algona garrigan vs West Fork. Garrigan played there worst I’ve ever seen them play against springville and still won, springville is ranked top 5 on bcmoore also. West fork is a solid team but garrigan is better I believe, 58-50

I lied, my two cents that could be completely wrong:

Neither game is close

Montezuma by 10+
Garrigan by 15+

Not confident in Wapsies guards to slow down Zuma, and am confident in Zuma's ability to adjust to the big

Garrigan did not play their best game and did not have the benefit of the doubt when it came to the whistle. BG's guards do not play that poorly again and Garrigan handles it easily.

Set's up a great final game.

Four very good teams so it is hard to pick the winners but I will go with Montezuma and Garrigan. Lake Mills got a bunch of open shots against Wapsie that they just couldn't hit, Montezuma will make them and I don't think Wapsie has the offensive firepower to keep up.

Garrigan and West Fork will really come down to whether Winkel can stay out of foul trouble. When he is on the court this Garrigan team is very hard to beat, without him West Fork has a good chance to knock them off. I think he will play smarter this game, and not get a horrible charge called against him, and Garrigan will get the W.

Gunner Meyer, have yourself a tournament! Wapsi on a roll , when it counts... I’ve said it once , I’ll say it again. When it comes to trying to seed and figure out high school basketball, the unknown makes it an educated guess at best... Matchups, the ability to make or not make the three at the Well.. Even a little bit of luck, all play into it. One thing that is starting to become more evident is , there is no replacement for big post players with good skill level... The big guys are always game changers... 3 point shooters can struggle at the well. It then becomes contagious... Entertaining 1a field this yr.

Surprisingly neither game was all that close. Wapsie's defense again put on an impressive display holding that potent Montezuma offense to just 42 points. They completely took Montezuma out of their rhythm and really attacked them on the other end with a more balanced attack than they showed in the first game. Very good win for them.

Garrigan took care of business as well as they were able to pull away down the stretch from West Fork. Winkel was a horrible matchup for West Fork, but it was Joyce who impressed me the most in this game. Sets things up for a great championship game. These two teams will match up well with the two best big guys in the 1A tournament going at it.

Well Wapsie is sure on a roll and proving us all wrong at what seems like every turn. They are tall athletic and have a few nice shooters. I’m not surprised that they beat Monte, but I’m shocked it was that big of a margin. Never seen trey struggle that much. The athleticism of wapsie really really bothered him. Obviously wapsie also hit some shots that probably don’t go in anywhere else except now with the roll there on. Garrigan is just huge and can basically bully any team they want to in class 1A. Angelo Winkel is the best player in 1A and once again dominated the game on both ends of the floor. There size just really wears down teams who are not use to it. Crazy to think they were actually bigger last year.

These two teams are the two most physically gifted teams in 1A. Garrigan has the size and vertical advantage while Wapsie has great perimeter defenders. However, Garrigans strength is not wing play. They bulldoze and dominate the glass. Due to this I’ll take Garrigan in a fun game with lots of dunks and emotion. Both teams are also cocky which will fun to watch as well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT