West
Pod 1
(2) Western Christian at (1) South Hamilton
(2) Kuemper at (1) West Sioux

Pod 2
(2) ACGC at (1) Underwood
(2) Woodward-Granger at (1) Van Meter

Thoughts? Other guesses?
They got kinda crazy. I don't have a dog in this but seems like attention was made not to have Underwood in a pod with West Sioux or Van Meter.

1A
Pod A

Western Christian, Hull (7-2) at Aplington-Parkersburg (8-1)

Kuemper Catholic, Carroll (8-1) at West Sioux, Hawarden (8-1)

Pod B

Dike-New Hartford (7-2) at MFL MarMac (8-1)

Columbus Catholic, Waterloo (6-3) at West Branch (9-0)

Pod C

Mediapolis (8-1) at Sigourney/Keota (7-2)

Woodward-Granger (6-3) at Van Meter (8-1)

Pod D

Pella Christian (8-1) at South Hamilton (8-1)

ACGC (7-2) at Underwood (9-0)

P
They got kinda crazy. I don't have a dog in this but seems like attention was made not to have Underwood in a pod with West Sioux or Van Meter.

1A
Pod A

Western Christian, Hull (7-2) at Aplington-Parkersburg (8-1)

Kuemper Catholic, Carroll (8-1) at West Sioux, Hawarden (8-1)

Pod B

Dike-New Hartford (7-2) at MFL MarMac (8-1)

Columbus Catholic, Waterloo (6-3) at West Branch (9-0)

Pod C

Mediapolis (8-1) at Sigourney/Keota (7-2)

Woodward-Granger (6-3) at Van Meter (8-1)

Pod D

Pella Christian (8-1) at South Hamilton (8-1)

ACGC (7-2) at Underwood (9-0)
Pods are out. Thoughts by everyone? Potentials upsets? Predicted final four?

They should/could have avoided a rematch of West Branch and Columbus Catholic Waterloo

There were no sister districts. Pod A and B have 3 districts and Pod C and D have 4 districts represented. Very diverse compared to about every other class.

A lot of people going against MFL in the picks post. I think that’s going to be a really good game. MFL has solid talent and a lot of speed with their ground game. They’re tough!

Does Butch retire after he wins the natty? Then just hang out at the DQ and the gas station across the road from Regina in his retirement basking in the glory like he did after he beat regina earlier this year? Or does he try to repeat?

Rachael Harris Popcorn GIF by Lucifer

Does Butch retire after he wins the natty? Then just hang out at the DQ and the gas station across the road from Regina in his retirement basking in the glory like he did after he beat regina earlier this year? Or does he try to repeat?
He will have to wait a few more years to win and repeat. It looks like the title is going through the western half of the state this year.

He will never retire. They will be propping him up on the bench Weekend at Bernie's style if needed.

Stay classy Regina. Always trying to stir shit up on the internet

• Sad
Reactions: Pinehawk
Did you people even read what @EIHCGuy posted?

Put down the swords, fellas. Life is far more important than a petulant war of words on Iowa Preps.
This is what I was kinda implying. Why the need to start some petty argument over seeing “Butch at DQ”. The guy has cancer, the most horrible disease. Best wishes to him and his family.

I was unaware of the cancer diagnosis until that link. I hope he recovers and is able to spend more time with family in coming years.

Reactions: ISUfan00
I hadn't read the YPS article or heard that either - A good reminder to keep rivalries in perspective, about good healthy competition ON the field. I hope Coach Pedersen has a full recovery, then does whatever he wants. Win or lose he's earned the right to retire with pride. If he is able and choses to coach another X years, I wish him well. I truly hope the rivalry continues - regardless of classifications, regardless of districting regardless of who the various programs manage to attract within the rules. Kids and their parents have always made these decisions, some for the right reasons, some for questionable ones, In the end it comes down those decisions, and my hope is that they aren't entered into lightly, not just chasing any given programs wins. I saw several examples of great sportsmanship between the players during the Regina/WB game. It really needs to be about the kids. I wish the fans everywhere could remember this. It makes me cringe when I hear fans yelling about every call, it takes a lot of the fun out of watching the games for me. I know you have some in every crowd and you can't judge the whole program based on it, but it ends up that way. Maybe let the refs start throwing flags on the fans more, see if that gets some people to zip up their mouths.

I hadn't read the YPS article or heard that either - A good reminder to keep rivalries in perspective, about good healthy competition ON the field. I hope Coach Pedersen has a full recovery, then does whatever he wants. Win or lose he's earned the right to retire with pride. If he is able and choses to coach another X years, I wish him well. I truly hope the rivalry continues - regardless of classifications, regardless of districting regardless of who the various programs manage to attract within the rules. Kids and their parents have always made these decisions, some for the right reasons, some for questionable ones, In the end it comes down those decisions, and my hope is that they aren't entered into lightly, not just chasing any given programs wins. I saw several examples of great sportsmanship between the players during the Regina/WB game. It really needs to be about the kids. I wish the fans everywhere could remember this. It makes me cringe when I hear fans yelling about every call, it takes a lot of the fun out of watching the games for me. I know you have some in every crowd and you can't judge the whole program based on it, but it ends up that way. Maybe let the refs start throwing flags on the fans more, see if that gets some people to zip up their mouths.

I generally stand away from the crowd if possible. Definitely not a yeller and chuckle at ‘football yeller’ as they fairly frequently have little to no clue.

I generally stand away from the crowd if possible. Definitely not a yeller and chuckle at ‘football yeller’ as they fairly frequently have little to no clue.
That’s what I do. Though I have volunteered to run one of the Hudl cameras for 3 years though next year will be my last unless our younger son plays who’s never played before. It’s funny listening to some of the things yelled from both sides.

That’s what I do. Though I have volunteered to run one of the Hudl cameras for 3 years though next year will be my last unless our younger son plays who’s never played before. It’s funny listening to some of the things yelled from both sides.

Periodically my inside voice is audible with the
‘That’s the right call’ or ‘it isn’t that refs call’
It is challenging at times.

People, you can find anything to argue and bitch about. Keep it to football and the games, that is why we are all here anyway. No blatant arguing, no passive aggressive comments, just football games.

You do you bud. If you think that’s relevant to put on this message board, when he is battling a life threatening disease. That speaks for your character. Have a great day.
Didn't know he had cancer. He's the one that acted that way and can be judged accordingly. And I'm not a Regina fan, "bud".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT