ADVERTISEMENT

1A IowaPreps.com Basketball Team Rankings - 1/10

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Agree/disagree? Post your thoughts here now!

Class 1A
1.) North Linn 10-0
2.) Lake Mills 10-0
3.) Easton Valley 10-0
4.) Keota 10-0
5.) Grand View Christian 7-1
6.) Martensdale-St Marys 8-0
7.) Springville 11-1
8.) Gehlen Catholic 10-1
9.) Janesville 10-1
10.) Wapsie Valley 6-2

I have yet to see them play, but I'm guessing that Wapsie Valley is a top five team. They play in the very difficult North Iowa Cedar League with very stiff competition against mostly 2A schools. They brought a lot back from last year's title team, and as we all saw, their record was not indicative of their squad.

Grand View Christian at 5 seems high IMO. They are good, just not sure if top tier.

North Linn at 1 seems right or pretty clear. I'm not exactly a fan, and have made posts digging at them. But you have respect what Hilmer and the school have done there. They certainly have it rolling, several state appearances in a row usually making it to the finals or top 4 of the teams. Credit to them.

Has anyone seen Lake Mills play, either live or on stream? I'm curious about the Bulldogs. They played Wapsie Valley closer than anyone in the tournament last year. They lost their top scorer in Chett Helming, but they seem to have picked up where they left off. They just hammered a decent Forest City squad by 37. Anyone have insight on that game?

ADVERTISEMENT