ADVERTISEMENT

1A Games Feb. 27- Scores and Comments

EastIowaHawk

All District
Jan 6, 2008
Field gets chopped in half tonight. Many intriguing contests. Post your scores and game comments.

I think Keota-Monte will be a fun one, I expect a high score and arguably the two best scorers in 1A going at it will be entertaining

I like ACA. Worsham will be a tough matchup for Madrid, but these are both high quality teams. I am also intrigued by Mt. Ayr--Bedford. I think Mt. Ayr is much better and they have beaten Bedford twice, but Bedford seems to know how to keep it close against Mt. Ayr. Would not surprise me to see an upset in that game.

Listened to it on the radio. Close game all the way thru for the most part. BG came it to Angelo in the paint and just ram away with the lead. That's all they Had to do to win this cause HLP has no true big man. Great post season run by HLP tho. They fought hard in this one

I definitely did not predict that from H-LP. Figured they would have no chance to stay that close with the length deficits.

Listened to it on the radio. Close game all the way thru for the most part. BG came it to Angelo in the paint and just ram away with the lead. That's all they Had to do to win this cause HLP has no true big man. Great post season run by HLP tho. They fought hard in this one
Garrigan was up 10 the whole game. Point guard for BG got in foul trouble early and played like maybe 12 minutes and had like 17. Garrigan was in control the whole game. I was at the game. HLP shot extremely well also, garrigan was the far better team and had a double digit lead pretty much throughout.

Reactions: RJV2324
Game was definitely closer then I thought it would be but still won by 17. Not sure if that kid is always shooting like that but man he was sure on tonight. Point guard battled foul trouble the entire game and didn’t even play the 3rd quarter. Maybe player 8-12 minutes tops. Word is Easton Valley lost?!

South Obrien sure looking strong. Thing giving me confidence is that they are -29 in there 4 games agaisnt West Sioux and Remsen St Mary’s

South Obrien sure looking strong. Thing giving me confidence is that they are -29 in there 4 games agaisnt West Sioux and Remsen St Mary’s
South O’ Brien is a very good team. Very good at blowing out bad teams. Remsen is the better team but there scores against bad teams look worse that’s why SOB is ranked higher on BCMoore. South O’ Brien is crazy good and a top 5 team. Will be a great battle between them and BG, George Little Rock played this HLP team in the regular season and won by a buzzer beater. Safe to say it’ll be a great match Saturday

South O’ Brien is a very good team. Very good at blowing out bad teams. Remsen is the better team but there scores against bad teams look worse that’s why SOB is ranked higher on BCMoore. South O’ Brien is crazy good and a top 5 team. Will be a great battle between them and BG, George Little Rock played this HLP team in the regular season and won by a buzzer beater. Safe to say it’ll be a great match Saturday
Haha well I hope your right. Should be an entertaining day in 1A around the state Saturday

Garrigan was up 10 the whole game. Point guard for BG got in foul trouble early and played like maybe 12 minutes and had like 17. Garrigan was in control the whole game. I was at the game. HLP shot extremely well also, garrigan was the far better team and had a double digit lead pretty much throughout.
I Totally agree with you. I meant it was relatively a close game due to the fact that HLP was always right there for a strong push but due to the fact that they aren't really that good they couldn't. So felt like a close game but BG was definitely in control cause all they had to do was give it inside to take the lead from close to 15. Do you kinda get what I'm saying?

I Totally agree with you. I meant it was relatively a close game due to the fact that HLP was always right there for a strong push but due to the fact that they aren't really that good they couldn't. So felt like a close game but BG was definitely in control cause all they had to do was give it inside to take the lead from close to 15. Do you kinda get what I'm saying?
100% never was like not intense for sure get what your saying but BG is a team where they get up by 10 they keep it that way they always find a way to win it’s hard to come back against them due to there size they can throw at ya. HLP really improved in the playoffs. And # 23 is a player man.

Why is no one talking about Easton Valley losing? This shakes up a lot of stuff! Especially with seeding at the state tournament

SOB vs BG is gonna be a barnburner! Both teams match up well. Does BG press? I thought I heard them pressing a bit tonight. I don't think it'll work against Jackson Lousier. Probably murdered his last name. I'll take BG by 4. (61-57)

SOB vs BG is gonna be a barnburner! Both teams match up well. Does BG press? I thought I heard them pressing a bit tonight. I don't think it'll work against Jackson Lousier. Probably murdered his last name. I'll take BG by 4. (61-57)
Saw bishop agaist Lake Mills once and against St Edmonds. Garrigan does not press at all and if they do it’s just to give them a different look. Oddly, they play extremely fast paced despite there crazy height advantage over everyone

Saw bishop agaist Lake Mills once and against St Edmonds. Garrigan does not press at all and if they do it’s just to give them a different look. Oddly, they play extremely fast paced despite there crazy height advantage over everyone
Okay thanks for the clear up. Wasn't quite sure as I listened to 3 games tonight

Reactions: Anonymous500
Agreed will be a great game. X factor will be if SOB can get back in there 2-3 fast enough, BG point guard John Joyce is lightning fast with the ball and one of the best transition players in the state in my opinion.

SOB is a very good team. They are so long and lengthy and make things so tough on the defensive end. They did get tested by GLR tonight. It was 38-35 with 2 or so to go in the 3rd and GLR just ran out of gas. If SOB shoots like they did tonight vs GLR (heard they were 8-14 on 3s) Then they will be a very tough out. And if SOB has a lead in the 4th the game is pretty much over. They will hold the ball until Louscher draws a foul.

SOB is a very good team. They are so long and lengthy and make things so tough on the defensive end. They did get tested by GLR tonight. It was 38-35 with 2 or so to go in the 3rd and GLR just ran out of gas. If SOB shoots like they did tonight vs GLR (heard they were 8-14 on 3s) Then they will be a very tough out. And if SOB has a lead in the 4th the game is pretty much over. They will hold the ball until Louscher draws a foul.
This is going to be a great matchup. Saw SOB play RSM this year and West Sioux. Very stout defensively and long. Although they just haven’t played a team with the stature of garrigan. Hard to believe, but garrigan is much longer starting 2 6’5 post and have a 6’9 guy in the middle along with a tall 6’2 point guard. Strength on strength always makes for a fun matchup. Also really excited to see the outcome of the RSM and St Alberts game. RSM will be without two critical players, but they always seem to win these types of game. The same could be said for CSA!:confused: I just have a feeling RSM wins though. Also the Pekin and Springville game will be important. Will most likely be the 7 or 8 seed depending on a number of other factors

Feel bad for Easton Valley, who had to play without star big man Kaleb Cornilsen last night. Undefeated season, lose your top player in the playoffs. Rough way to go out, but that's why they play the games.

Feel bad for Easton Valley, who had to play without star big man Kaleb Cornilsen last night. Undefeated season, lose your top player in the playoffs. Rough way to go out, but that's why they play the games.
I mean they should have still won without him. Ed-Co is awful

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT