ADVERTISEMENT

1A Districts Tomorrow

Glenwood plays St. Albert. They met earlier this season and St. Alberts won 3-2 in double OT and I think they are both ranked as of now.

Norwalk plays against Bondurant-Farrar @ B-F.. I'm hoping for an upset but I don't think B-F will be able to keep up with the Warriors.

Prediction... Norwalk 3, B-F 1

I didn't even realize these two teams were playing! It's going to be one hell of a game! I might try to swing by and check it out! What time does it start?

Norwalk @ Bondurant-Farrar
Start time is 6:30pm i believe.

hopefully norwalk's defense plays like they can and will control brandon cook. otherwise i dont see bondurant being able to defend the offensive threats that norwalk has.

norwalk 4
b-f 1

Norwalk- 1
Bondurant- 0

Very even game, goal off a header for Norwalk with a few minutes left. Questionable, I think there should've been an offside call made, but its part of soccer. Good luck to Norwalk thursday against whoever they play.

Offsides on the goal? It was off a corner kick and then the ball played back from the endline..everyone was behind the ball which made everyone on sides..the same as the other call the ref blew the whistle off the rebound, and the norwalk player was behind the ball..should have had 2 goals.
The wind was a big factor. Bondurant had it first half, controlled/possessed, but with limited opportunities. Second half, norwalk had it, and controlled.
Bondurant was better than what I thought they would be. 4 or 5 solid players, obviously Cook being very good. Tough game for Norwalk who seem to just find a way to win against pretty good competition so far in their substate.
I'm guessing Perry won tonight to set up the rematch from the Norwalk Tourney?

It was off a rebound on the corner kick, and I was in the stands so it's not going to be 100% accurate. However, the ref made a good call on the first one. They did a pretty good job overall, called both ways and let the game play. Neither team can or will blame the ref. It was a hard fought game and it was great to watch. I just hope SOME of the Norwalk fans will gain some respect before the next game because they were an embarrassment to Norwalk. Not all the fans, but quite a few I was by. And yes, Perry won 1-0 and it's a rematch. I hope it's as good of a game as tonights was.

as far as i am concerned, if you are behind the player that has possession of the ball and then u play it off of a rebound are u not still onsides?

that first shot was the only real questionable call. otherwise i think norwalk needs to work on some finishing drills so they can make their 1v1's. i think i counted maybe 3 or 4 missed 1v1's tonight. i think the better team won. although i was also suprised with bondurants effort. how many seniors do they graduate?

I think about six if my buddy is right, and one I guess plays jv? Not too sure on that, but didn't Bondurant have a big graduating class last year form soccer and rebuilt to this team this year? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Bondurant graduated 8 from last year.. they had 3 returning starters this year. This year I think they had 6 seniors and 5 saw varsity time. Their coach is doing a very nice job building a good soccer program at Bondurant. Considering back in 2002 B-F barely had enough players to fill a varsity squad.

On the other hand, to me the game was all about momentum swings. At times it looked like Bondurant was controlling everything when at other points it was Norwalk controlling the action. Both goalies made great saves at different points in the game, and it's kind of dissapointing this game couldn't have waited until state at the nice Cownie complex.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT