Freshman
Dec 13, 2002
1A District #1 - West Sioux, Hawarden
1A District #2 - St. Mary's Remsen
Substate #1 - St. Mary's Remsen

1A District #3 - St. Edmond, Fort Dodge
1A District #4 - Newman Catholic
Substate #2 - Newman Catholic

1A District #5 - Saint Ansgar (over Kee, Lansing)
1A District #6 - Don Bosco
Substate #3 - Don Bosco

1A District #7 - North Linn
1A District # 8 - Sigourney
Substate #4 - North Linn

1A District #9 - Lisbon
1A District #10 - Pekin
Substate # 5 - Lisbon

1A District #11 - Moravia
1A District #12 - MStM
Substate #6 - MStM

1A District #13 - CAM, Anita
1A District #14 - St. Albert, CB
Substate #7 - St. Albert, CB

1A District #15 - EHK_Exira
1A District #16 - Akron-Westfield
Substate #8 - Akron-Westfield

This will be a great state tournament field, and I can see any of five or six teams winning the championship.

So far, no major upsets have occurred. All the expected players are still alive.

Great night in North Linn last night creating the rivalry match-up between NL and Alburnett.

1. Can the Pirates finally find some offense to go with their young defense?

2. How will the Lynx fair with not having Hilmer available? He is a psychological advantage against every team when on the mound.

3. Does the best team in the state overlook the Pirates?

4. Does Stensland mix up the line-up to find guys that can hit the ball to create runs while maybe sacrificing a little on defense?

This has the makings of a great game from 2 young teams that are in each others backyard.

A win by the Lynx may be expected, but a surprise by the Pirates will open up the 1A field for everyone.

Let's see what happens Saturday!

Reactions: HawkPT
This wasn't even a game. Alburnett might be young but they were not even close to the same level as North Linn. Right now they seem to be a well oiled machine. I need to go see the Hilmer and Miller kids.

North Linn is very, very solid. Two legit #1 guys on the mound with Hilmer and Miller and a good defense behind them

This wasn't even a game. Alburnett might be young but they were not even close to the same level as North Linn. Right now they seem to be a well oiled machine. I need to go see the Hilmer and Miller kids.

Our boys did what everyone expected. Age and maturity definately showed last night. North Linn is not a good team, but a great team that will have a huge target on their back moving forward. While there may be a huge rivalry between the schools, there is also a respect and they will have the purple and gold Pirates supporting them through the rest of the season.

One note, if you did not have the opportunity to attend the game, please do not make the statement that Alburnett is not even close to the same level as NL. While NL may be the better team right now, this game was a solid game for the first 3 innings and the previous meeting was much, much closer than the 3-0 and 8-4 scores may show. Alburnett has no Seniors and 2 Juniors on the varsity squad, started 3 8th graders and 2 freshmen. I highly recommend that you head out to CR Prairie for the game Tuesday night

I'm pretty sure they use a power ranking based upon the class size of the games they've won. That doesn't always work so well because a bad 3A team might be much more difficult to beat than a good 1A team.

I wish BCMoore would do his analysis with baseball again and the coaches involved could rank the teams to determine seeding like they did this year in basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT