11/30 - Akron Westfield vs Westwood
- I know nothing of Westwood - Akron is a new look team. Drent boys moved out of town but they bring in a solid freshman class.
11/30 - Gehlen Catholic vs Lawton Bronson
- These two teams have squared off to start the year in quite a few years past. Gehlen returns a plethora of young talent and bring back Kraft who missed the whole season due to injury. Lawton graduated top 2 scorers but had plenty of youth play nice roles for them last year too.
12/1 - Harris Lake Park vs Akron Westfield
- HLP lose top scorer and top 5 player in the War Eagle last year (IMO) in Ihnen but bring back nice guard play from Sohn and Boles. See above for AW
12/1 - HMS vs Gehlen Catholic
- HMS graduates some bigs from last years team but return two tough sophomores with a host of nice role players around them. See above for GC
12/1 - Hinton vs Trinity Christian
- Hinton graduates a nice scorer in Koons but bring back Junior Caleb Holmes and a host of solid role players. That high power fast paced offense they play will be tough to stop. Trinity graduates a lot of their scoring but return 2 starters that they will try to build back around.
12/1 - MMCRU vs RSM
- MMCRU looks to be much more competitive this year bringing back almost all of their scoring and bringing in a nice freshmen class. RSM graduated plenty but always reload and I have a ton of respect for their coaching staff, they will have the new look hawks ready to go.
12/1 - South O'Brien vs West Sioux
- South O is another new look squad in the War Eagle graduating 5 starters and then some but also have an outstanding coaching staff and looks to reload and continue their stint of success. West Sioux is ALSO another new look squad in the War Eagle graduating 3 incredible scorers in Coppock, Dekkers and Walsch. Younger Coppock, Van Ballegooyen and company will have to step up to the plate quickly in taking on South O.
12/1 - Unity Christian vs Le Mars
- Unity brings back a ton of talent and especially size to a solid squad from last year. Klompein is a huge loss behind the 3 point line but they always seem to fill that role well. Le Mars is a very talented guard heavy squad. This is the most interesting matchup IMO to start the year.